Thread: 3rd Goalie With Kuemper and Samsonov

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default 3rd Goalie With Kuemper and Samsonov

Draft done.

I have Kuemper and Samsonov. With my last pick I took Dreidger. I was going to wait on Francouz but he got snapped up, but news out today is he is out a month. Our league has no IR spots. I have been offered a trade of Zegras for Francouz, I would have jumped at that before the out a month announcement, now I am not sure it make sense.

My options:
    1. Keep Dreidger.
    2. Trade Zegras for Franoucz (1-year league Zegras was 2nd last pick, he likely gets dropped at some point).
    3. Add Vanacek to handcuff Samsonov.

I do not love the idea of having 4 goalies but could make it work short term with Francouz on the IR... thoughts.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: 3rd Goalie With Kuemper and Samsonov

Why would you do that? I understand kuemper has had some injuries but francouz is a waste. Zegras is gonna be actually good and helpful to you.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Star

Maybe it is residual Vegas results, but I think that the Seattle goalies could be good in the percentage plays, it is just the wins that will be harder to come by. I'd put Driedger above Vanecek and in the neighborhood of Francouz. Francouz' main value comes if Kuemper is injured or COL institutes more of a time share than one would think. In any event, if you look at it as Driedger plus Zegras for Francouz, then the Driedger side is a easy winner for me. Even in one year, there's a decent change that Zegras could take a leap, in which case he's worth holding on to.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Thanks guys.
    Before Francouz's injury I wanted to lock down all Colorado starts, ironically because of fear of Kuemper injury.
    Washington I have Samsonov as the clear #1 but several projections have it close to 50-50.

Dreidger I am not really high on and think is a clear back-up, especially given the big $$ thrown at Grubauer but I think I will hold what I have for now.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Star

Insuring having all COL starts is a plausible reason for doing the deal. I might like Driedger more than average.

I have to think that Washington wants Samsonov to seize the reins and be the #1. They kept Samsonov over Vanecek for the expansion draft. Vanecek's performance last year wasn't stellar, but good enough to show that he can be a backup. All things being equal, I think you're looking at Samsonov being given clear opportunity to be the #1 barring injury.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd hold Dreidger and see how Seattle starts. Dreidger got pretty big money to be their starter, and then he got passed by someone given bigger money, who isn't a picture of sturdiness himself.

Francouz is hurt, and doesn't help you if Kuemper also gets hurt now. Having those 2 locks up most of the Colorado starts, maybe, if they aren't both hurt at the same time for a long stretch.

Vanacek is a better option than Francouz, honestly.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.