Thread: Drafted Last Night How Did I do?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Drafted Last Night How Did I do?

I picked 7th of 11.

11 teams. One Year. Points only. (Not a keeper league, no weekly H2H, no playoffs. Most points at the end of the year wins)

G=1. A=1. GWG=1. W=2. SO=3
    8 F (any position), 4D, 2G

NO BENCH. NO IR. 5 DROPS all season.
    Here's my draft:

2022 draft.png

Forwards
    P Kane
    O'Reilly
    Lindholm
    Perron
    Mantha
    Laine
    Voracek
    Konecny

Defencemen
    Carlson
    Quinn Hughes
    Barrie
    Karlsson

Goalies
    Binnington
    Demko

Any opinions. Thanks!

One Year. 11 teams. Points only. G=1. A=1. GWG=1. W=2. SO=3
    8 F, 4D, 2G. 5 drops all year. ***NO BENCH, NO IR, SWAP D for D, F for F, G for G ONLY***
    F: P Kane, Wheeler, Kucherov, Malkin, Batherson, Crosby, Eichel, Point
    D: Carlson, Q Hughes, Barrie, Karlsson
    G: Demko, Ullmark

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Drafted Last Night How Did I do?

Of course we can't see the other teams, but I like your team a lot. You'll get good scoring from your D even though you only have Kane as an elite F. If R'OR has a big year you should be fine. Maybe Laine will figure out his scoring touch again too. But I don't see you getting an epic number of points from your goalies. Binnington and Demko would be nice in a H2H league that counts saves and SVP, but I don't see either of them piling up wins and shutouts. But then again, there are really only two elite goalies these days, and after that it's a bit of a fantasy crap shoot.
    C: Kopitar, Jarvis (RW), Thomas
    RW: Wilson, Bratt (LW), Zuccarello, Svechnikov (LW)
    LW: B. Tkachuk, E.Kane, Boldy (RW)
    D: Matheson, Rielly, Dahlin, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Vasilevskiy, Kochetkov
    IR+

10 Team H2H, one year, G, A, +/-, PPP, PIM, HIT, W, SVP, GAA, SV
    Start 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G

Thanks for the feedback. I tried to lock up elite D first, using points above replacement. I followed the zeroG trend, and like you said only Vasilevsky and Hellebyuk, maybe Lehner are guaranteed.
    I think Binnington and Demko will get 60% + starts, maybe Vancouver and St. Louis have good years.
    My forwards are a bit thin, but I think Laine has superstar talent that hasn't totally exploded yet, and maybe Voracek is the linemate he always needed.
    8 F, 4D, 2G. 5 drops all year. ***NO BENCH, NO IR, SWAP D for D, F for F, G for G ONLY***

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Never been in a points only league but im not a big fan of drafting D so early as there are a lot of good D man at later ADP. Shea Theodore, Seth Jones and and Kris Letang are all top power play guys on top teams that probably went later even in your league. That being said i like the Barrie pick in the 4th.

I'm also not a big fan of O'Reilly with no FW wins.

I like your goalie tandem, i actually have drafted that tandem in a league this year both great starting goalies on decent teams with low ADP. Konecny and Karlsson are great flyers late as well just incase they find their form this season

over all id say 6/10 not a bad draft by any means i just think you could've got the same quality of players a bit lower and draft better elite forwards

Quote Originally Posted by Paches6767 View Post
    Never been in a points only league but im not a big fan of drafting D so early as there are a lot of good D man at later ADP. Shea Theodore, Seth Jones and and Kris Letang are all top power play guys on top teams that probably went later even in your league. That being said i like the Barrie pick in the 4th.

I'm also not a big fan of O'Reilly with no FW wins.

I like your goalie tandem, i actually have drafted that tandem in a league this year both great starting goalies on decent teams with low ADP. Konecny and Karlsson are great flyers late as well just incase they find their form this season

over all id say 6/10 not a bad draft by any means i just think you could've got the same quality of players a bit lower and draft better elite forwards
    Yeah, Letang, Hamilton, and Theodore went a little bit later, and Jones quite late. You are right, I missed out on a second elite forward when I could have had an equal D later...
    I was following a points over replacement list, and maybe followed it too strictly. I also may have been trying to make up for not getting Makar (went two spots ahead of where I took Carlson) which is impossible.