Thread: Pavel Buchnevich - Where are we on him?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Pavel Buchnevich - Where are we on him?

Having a tough time deciding on whether to keep Pavel Buchnevich on a keeper roster heading into this season (H2H points league).

Was life as good as it gets for him playing on Zibanejad's wing in NY or will he get an uptick in PP usage in St. Louis to balance it out.

Right now it seems like he's on L2 centered by Schenn and on the 2nd PP unit, which I am not loving.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Pavel Buchnevich - Where are we on him?

He was on the RW of a line with Barbashev(LW) and Schenn(C) last night for STL.
    They were very solid, +2, got some good opportunities.

STL looks to be playing 3 lines deep, they had Neighbours (LW) and Tarasenko (RW) flanking Robert Thomas last night.
    That line looked good too.

That leaves Perron, ROR, Kyrou on line 1.

Yes, being on a 3-line team isn't great for production compared to the two line heavy-Rangers from last year.

Dobber Sports Initiate

What would your alternatives be?
    Yahoo Limited keeper: keep up to 8 players from the preceding season, but 2 of them has to be dropped at the end of the season, decided before the start. 'Keep eligible players' from draft round 11 and later, or undrafted.
    16 team league. H2H. League cats: G A +/- PIM PPP SHP SOG FW HIT BLK; W GAA SV SV% SHO
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6Bench, 2IR
    Keepers 23/24 + cost of keeping. M Seider 2, B Tkachuk 5, D Batherson 4, D Cozens 1, W Johnston 1, F Gustavsson 1. Drafted and keep eligible: J Sanderson, T Harley, J Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Yeah i'm beginning to think more and more the move will turn out better for the Blues as a team than it will for Buch's fantasy stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    He was on the RW of a line with Barbashev(LW) and Schenn(C) last night for STL.
    They were very solid, +2, got some good opportunities.

STL looks to be playing 3 lines deep, they had Neighbours (LW) and Tarasenko (RW) flanking Robert Thomas last night.
    That line looked good too.

That leaves Perron, ROR, Kyrou on line 1.

Yes, being on a 3-line team isn't great for production compared to the two line heavy-Rangers from last year.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Since the draft is an auction, I would be charged $9 out of a $200 budget to keep him, though I am already flush with RWs. As it is I will be using $109 of my current budget on just forwards. Adding Buch would bump me up to $117 and I still need D men and goalies.

Quote Originally Posted by loppantorkel View Post
    What would your alternatives be?