Thread: Doughty vs Werenski vs Pulock

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Doughty vs Werenski vs Pulock

Who would be yours first choice out of these three?
    H2H keeper league with G, A, P, PPP, SOG, +/-, HIT and BLK categories.

Werenski is the youngest and has the offensive potential. He lacks the peripherals compared to the Doughty and Pulock, and I own 2 CBJ forwards, not sure if I want another CBJ player. My keeper forwards also struggle with HIT category.

Doughty - I am kinda leaning towards him. He is probably going to score at a similar pace like Werenski, while adding 100+ HIT and BLK. And he still has few years ahead of him.

Pulock - Is he going to attack 50 points or finish with just 30? I dont think he is going to outscore Doughty or Werenski, but he provides much more peripherals than Werenski and slightly more peripherals than Doughty. Also younger than Doughty.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Doughty vs Werenski vs Pulock

I'm taking Doughty as he's the safest pick of the three based on your cats. If you believe Pulock gets significant PP time (I'm a doubter), he's the upside pick. Even if Werenski posts 50pts, he's not bringing you the value of the other two based on your league's cats.
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by LordoftheRinks View Post
    I'm taking Doughty as he's the safest pick of the three based on your cats. If you believe Pulock gets significant PP time (I'm a doubter), he's the upside pick. Even if Werenski posts 50pts, he's not bringing you the value of the other two based on your league's cats.
    I like this assessment. Even if you're not competing this season, Doughty still gives you good trade value in multicat. If you end up looking to sell, you should get a better return with Doughty over the other two.
    8-Team Points-Only Keeper League
    Roster of 25 Players
    No positional requirements for Forwards
    Farm System of 3 Players

Fwds - Rantanen, Kaprizov, Pettersson, J. Hughes, Ovechkin, Malkin, A. Svechnikov, Forsberg, Reinhart, Keller, Gaudreau, Hagel, Eklund

Def - Q. Hughes, Josi, Theodore, Morrissey, Dunn, Letang, Burns, Matheson, York, Thrun

Goalies - Shesterkin, Jarry

Farm - Benson, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Doughty
    Pulock
    Werenski

I know Werenski is obviously top-dog in CBJ now... but I just don't see team production and he isn't a HIT/BLK dynamo.
    Doughty's big multi-cat knock last year or two was his +/-... and that should uptick with Danault, Edler, and rising youth.

Doughty, I think, will be a huge bounceback this year for multi-cat value.