Hey guys, I am starting a new full dynasty league with a salary cap. I've read about as much as I can so far to make sure I do it right. Our rules are here. The big questions of course is where do you set the cap number.

We will have 21 player positions and 12 minors positions + anyone on IR. I was thinking of going with a 25% floater but after thinking about it, that might be a little short. I'm thinking if you have a full minors that costs say $26M and you draft someone like McDavid thats almost $39M right there. A 25% floater on top of the current cap is $101,875,000. That only leaves you with about $62M to draft the next 20 guys on your team. Even without McDavid, and you take MacKinnon instead that still only leaves about $68M for the other 20 guys, hardly $3M per player.

Any suggestions on where we should set the float? We've really come up with two options just spitballing it. Set it at 40% which would make it $114,100,000 or leave it at 25% but the guys in the minors dont count, thus if you want to move someone UP from the minors you'd need the cap space to bring them up.

What about guys on IR?

Thoughts for the good of the cause?

Thanks in advance!