Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pick 4!! Need to submitt my keepers asap.

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Pick 4!! Need to submitt my keepers asap.

14 team Limited Keeper League: Last year I finished 45 pts out of first.
    Keep any 4 players (no goaltenders or prospects can be a keeper). Any combination of forwards and defensemen.
    Points only 1 pt goal & 1 pt assist

We Dress 9 Fwd's + 3 Def + 1 Goalie

We draft 40 players each year and cut down to 4 1 week before season starts.

Who do you keep for now and future between:

Kyle Connor
    Matthew Barzal
    Jack Hughes
    Jake Guentzel
    Mika Zibanejad
    Kirill Kaprisov

Shea Theodore
    Dougie Hamilton
    Thomas Chabot
    Rasmus Dahlin

This is a longtime running money pool (that I have never won) and I would love to bring home the trophy! So THANKS in advance!

“I respectfully decline to answer because I honestly believe my answer might tend to incriminate me” ~ Joey Gallo

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Pick 4!! Need to submitt my keepers asap.

My picks would be Zibanejad, Kaprizov, Theodore and Hamilton.
    If you wanna ride with only one D keeper, then I would switch out Hamilton for Guentzel.
    8-Team Points-Only Keeper League
    Roster of 25 Players
    No positional requirements for Forwards
    Farm System of 3 Players

Fwds - Rantanen, Kaprizov, Pettersson, J. Hughes, Ovechkin, Malkin, A. Svechnikov, Forsberg, Reinhart, Keller, Gaudreau, Hagel, Eklund

Def - Q. Hughes, Josi, Theodore, Morrissey, Dunn, Letang, Burns, Matheson, York, Thrun

Goalies - Shesterkin, Jarry

Farm - Benson, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket 10 View Post
    My picks would be Zibanejad, Kaprizov, Theodore and Hamilton.
    If you wanna ride with only one D keeper, then I would switch out Hamilton for Guentzel.
    I like that foursome. And I also agree with the 1D option.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Ace

Count me in for same… Zibby, Guentzel, Kap and Theo
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

The Great One

Kyle Connor
    Matthew Barzal
    Jack Hughes
    Jake Guentzel

Mika Zibanejad
    Kirill Kaprisov

Shea Theodore
    Dougie Hamilton
    Thomas Chabot
    Rasmus Dahlin

Zibanejad was crap for much of last season. And he had 12 points in 2 games against the Flyers. Maybe it was COVID, maybe not. I’m not pinning one of my 4 keeper tags on a player with those consistency issues. Go with the younger F with lots of upside. Hamilton is your only D worth keeping. The rest have team/competition issues.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Novice

I can also pick up Debrincat as a keeper.

My thoughts were to keep Connor-Hughes-Kaprisov-Theodore.

I can also grab Debrincat (missed him on my first go through). Dobber has Debrincat at an 83 pt projection. I think I would prefer a 24 yr old over the soon to be 27 yr old (Guentzel) with similar pt potential. Theodore is younger than Hamilton with the same upside. I may drop Hughes and pick up Debrincat when it's my turn to cash in my waiver dollars. We have a certain amount of money to spend on free agents and all the players I can pick hold the same value.

A roster of Debrincat-Kaprisov-Connor-Theodore has the potential to run the table with 80-80-80-60 pts
    Should I go with a starting roster full of 24 yr old forwards and a 26 yr old D or bank on a breakout from a younger Hughes? I personally think hughes has a ceiling of what the other 3 24 yr old forwards have.

My goalie is M Blackwood (ironically also 24), but I can purchase a waiver ticket (I have a lot of v bucks due to finishing near the bottom of the standings the past few seasons) to switch him for T Demko, C Hart, T Jarry or I Samsonov. With Blackwoods current stance on the vaccine, he may not play or at least play less games than expected. What should I do?

Do I switch my goalie for one of the other's available or hold on to Blackwood?

How do you like the keepers I'm thinking of submitting?

Thoughts?

“I respectfully decline to answer because I honestly believe my answer might tend to incriminate me” ~ Joey Gallo

The Great One

I agree DeBrincat moves to the top of the list. Your keepers are solid. I prefer Hamilton to Theodore but it’s quite close and he’s a good keep too.

Your original post says no goalies can be kept. I also don’t know what goalie stats you use...maybe I missed it. I don’t know how the v-bucks work but Blackwood is ok and as a goalie really the Canada travel deal will be a minimal impact to games played. If the v-bucks are valuable, hold on Blackwood. If they are not maybe swap him for Demko.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Stud

If you're really trying to win THIS year... then your best shot is to follow the advice offered already.

However - in your position, where I see a lot of good/tier 2 guys but few elite options (which is what you're aiming for in a keep 4)... I'd actually encourage you to keep your 'potentially elite' youth and accept that while it might cost you a shot at winning this year - it could also set you up to be in contention for multiple years ahead.

If you're open to that, I'm keeping: J.Hughes, K.Kaprizov, R.Dahlin & Hamilton/Theo/Chabot. (ADB is tempting too but I want all 3 of my starting D to be stud PP1 guys and there aren't a ton of those guys around)

Don't worry about goalies - in a start 1 there will be lots of options available to you and you're already in a good position with the accumulated 'bucks' you mentioned.

Lots of ways to go with this - good luck!
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for the top notch advise guys! I agree with you Yzermanslegacy that I don't have any tier 1 guys....so my approach has to be augmented.

I ended up going with Kaprisov-Debrincat-Connor-Hughes. If I can eventually land a Shane Wright or Connor Bedard to give me some Tier 1 skill that will elevate my keepers (because no one is dropping tier 1 guys lol).

I checked the available D and there's ALOT of great D available in the first round. I pick 3rd overall so I will get 1 of Theodore, Dahlin, Chabot or Hamilton.

Thanks for all the advice everyone! Much appreciated.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by John Dillinger View Post
    Thanks for the top notch advise guys! I agree with you Yzermanslegacy that I don't have any tier 1 guys....so my approach has to be augmented.

I ended up going with Kaprisov-Debrincat-Connor-Hughes. If I can eventually land a Shane Wright or Connor Bedard to give me some Tier 1 skill that will elevate my keepers (because no one is dropping tier 1 guys lol).

I checked the available D and there's ALOT of great D available in the first round. I pick 3rd overall so I will get 1 of Theodore, Dahlin, Chabot or Hamilton.

Thanks for all the advice everyone! Much appreciated.
    Worked out well for you.
    Nice!
    8-Team Points-Only Keeper League
    Roster of 25 Players
    No positional requirements for Forwards
    Farm System of 3 Players

Fwds - Rantanen, Kaprizov, Pettersson, J. Hughes, Ovechkin, Malkin, A. Svechnikov, Forsberg, Reinhart, Keller, Gaudreau, Hagel, Eklund

Def - Q. Hughes, Josi, Theodore, Morrissey, Dunn, Letang, Burns, Matheson, York, Thrun

Goalies - Shesterkin, Jarry

Farm - Benson, Hutson, Nikishin

The Great One

Jack Hughes is clearly headed for tier 1. Good set of keepers.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Newbie

Kaprizov, Zibanejad, Connor, Hamilton

The Great One

He's done his keepers already...Kaprisov-Debrincat-Connor-Hughes
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Ace

Hughes, Kaprizov DAHLIN, Connor with a possibility of Barzal over Connor.

So, I like Theodore a ton. But Dahlin is realistically the only other Dman or D prospect that legitimately has a chance of becoming anything like Hedman, who is by far the best Dman in the game. I think people are selling Dahlin a bit short because he’s on the Sabres lol. And because he hasn’t yet turned into the dominant beast he can be. Even when Power arrives, Dahlin will still have the highest ceiling of any young Dman. At least imo.

Barzal v Connor is tough. Winger or center. Both have PPG potential. Barzal still is going to get better. He hasn’t scored up to his ability in part because the Isles play style, but more so because he hasn’t had any real weapons around him. Now that the Isles are starting to give him some help, I think we will see Barzal really reach his potential, which I actually think is higher than Connor. But high scoring wingers are harder to come by, especially potential 40 goal scorers.

At least, there’s no way I’m taking any of the others over Kaprizov and Hughes though in that scoring format. The other two spots far more up in the air. The only two Dmen I’d even consider are Dahlin and Theodore. But I really think Dahlin has elite potential still. Maybe go Hughes, Kaprizov, Dahlin, Theodore if scoring Dmen will be harder to come by than forwards. Tough call.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Hughes, Kaprizov DAHLIN, Connor with a possibility of Barzal over Connor.

So, I like Theodore a ton. But Dahlin is realistically the only other Dman or D prospect that legitimately has a chance of becoming anything like Hedman, who is by far the best Dman in the game. I think people are selling Dahlin a bit short because he’s on the Sabres lol. And because he hasn’t yet turned into the dominant beast he can be. Even when Power arrives, Dahlin will still have the highest ceiling of any young Dman. At least imo.

Barzal v Connor is tough. Winger or center. Both have PPG potential. Barzal still is going to get better. He hasn’t scored up to his ability in part because the Isles play style, but more so because he hasn’t had any real weapons around him. Now that the Isles are starting to give him some help, I think we will see Barzal really reach his potential, which I actually think is higher than Connor. But high scoring wingers are harder to come by, especially potential 40 goal scorers.

At least, there’s no way I’m taking any of the others over Kaprizov and Hughes though in that scoring format. The other two spots far more up in the air. The only two Dmen I’d even consider are Dahlin and Theodore. But I really think Dahlin has elite potential still. Maybe go Hughes, Kaprizov, Dahlin, Theodore if scoring Dmen will be harder to come by than forwards. Tough call.
    Couldn’t disagree more. Stay clear of Dahlin. Why waste a keeper spot? The sabres are a joke and he’s never done anything close to the D options you have. Worry about prospects later or guys that may turn into stars….Dahlin is a big fat thumbs down at least until he’s moved or sheet happens in Buffalo.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson