Thread: Farm Team choice: N. Robertson vs J. Swayman

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Farm Team choice: N. Robertson vs J. Swayman

We only have limited spots in our farm team. I already have 2 goalies lined up on my team, 1 keeper and another goalie prospect. The keeper is expected to be a starter while my other goalie prospect will also be a backup like Swayman (to start with at least).

I like N. Robertson. I think he has a lot of potential as a top-6 winger taking lots of shots and what not, but Toronto's top 6 is pretty crowded and I'm not convinced he'll be of any value this yea

As mentionned earlier, Swayman will likely start as a backup. Decent goalies have good baseline value IMO.

Anyways, who's your pick ?
    12 Team H2H Keeper (4 C/LW/RW, 6 D, 2G, 3 SPARES, 2 IR - 5 keepers )

Skater Categories - G, A, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, Blocks

Goalie Categories - W, SV %, SO

TBD

Farm team: K. Johnson, Sanderson, Nikishin, Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Re: Farm Team choice: N. Robertson vs J. Swayman

I’m still a Robertson fan (watching him play right now and looks good. Looked great in the rookie camp/Tourny). Hard to compare the two. I wouldn’t trade my Robertson for Swayman. Lots of competition but no LW spot is set on any of the 4 lines in Toronto.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I dunno, I just haven't seen it with Nick Robertson yet... but Toronto really doesn't have great left wing depth. Having said that, if you don't feel like you need a goalie, you could probably afford to wait on Nick for another year. If Ullmark falters or gets hurt though, Swayman could most definitely steal the show in Boston.

I guess in your position i go with Robertson, but like I said, I don't see what others see. He has pretty insane junior stats and respectable AHL stats, but he really needs to learn how to pace himself, imo. He's young though, and should figure it out. (Nylander is a great example of a guy who slows down the game in a way that Robertson could benefit from). But if he eventually gets to play with Matthews/Marner or Nylander/Tavares you are LAUGHING.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

In your shoes, I'd see what I could get for the two of them, and take the better deal. Right now, you like both, and can't easily decide.

Comparing goalie to forward is always hard, and while I'm much more confident in Swayman being a NHL caliber goalie, I'm very unsure if he's the best healthy guy in Boston; yes that means I think Rask is going to take one of those two guys jobs if he comes back.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.