Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who to draft at #6?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Who to draft at #6?

Hey guys

we'll start a new Fantrax Dynasty league...tomorrow is Draftday.

H2H each categorie- 16 Teams

Skaters:

G A +/- PPP SHP SOG PIM HIT BLK GV TK FOW TOI

Goalies:

GP W SV GAA SV& SHO

I'll draft at 6.

Who would you take at 6?

McDavid/Draisaitl/MacK/Kuch/Matthews probably first 5?

Would it be dumb to take a guy like Brady Tkachuk?should i go with a Goalie?or Cale Makar?

Thanks for every help
    16-team H2H fantrax dynasty league:20 active spots ( 4 C/LW/RW- 6D-2G)5 bench15minorCategories:G A +/- PPP SHP SOG PIM HIT BLK FOW TOI GV TKGP W GAA SV SV% SHO
    My Team:
    C:Eichel / Couturier / Hertl / Scheifele /Stützle
    LW: Ovechkin / Hyman/ E.Kane /Jeannot/ DeBrincat/Nichushkin
    RW: Meier/ Seguin/ Bjorkstrand/P.Kane/Necas/Batherson
    D: Nurse / Seider /Sergachev/Dahlin/Cernak/Guhle/Jiricek
    G: Vasilevsky / Sorokin / Samsonov
    Minors:Kasper /Räty/Pospisil/E.Sale/C.Ritchie/Yager/Sandin Pelikka/Ty Nelson/Gulyayev/Yurov/Simashev / Tarasov (G) /Clang (G)/ Gajan(G)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Who to draft at #6?

Panarin or Vasilevskiy. Reach for hits and PIM's in later rounds.
    19 Team Roto Cash League
    Salary Cap
    Keep 13-15 (Auction Draft)
    Start - 4C, 4 LW, 3RW, 6 D, 2G
    Amateur Draft
    12 Farm System
    7 Reserve

C - Chytil, Geekie, Pageau, Rasmussen, Drury
    LW - Macelli, Hoglander, Greig, Knies
    RW - Joseph, Barabanov, Tuch, Tippet, O'Connor
    D - Harley, Vlasic, Moser, Perunovich, Liljegren, Boqvist
    G - Gustavsson, Daccord

Farm - But, Lucius, Nazar, Snuggerud, Wallstedt, McGroarty, Lekkerimaki, Mateychuk, Savoie, Willander

Standard Point System
    G, A, +-, PIM's, GAA, Sv%

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Don't take Makar at 6th overall. If you want to focus on goaltending you can take Vasilevskiy, although I don't recommend it. I'm never a fan of drafting goalies early and prefer to focus primarily on offense.

My league is similar minus a couple categories such as blocked shots and faceoffs won, so perhaps my picks aren't the best for your settings. At 6th overall I'm taking either Panarin for the point production, or Brady for the peripherals. Brady is going to be stellar for PIM, Hits, and SOG, and he should be good for 55-60 points.

If FOW is highly important you could consider Barkov or Crosby, but I think Panarin or Brady are better picks at 6th overall. I imagine with FOW, wingers who take faceoffs are highly valued. Others can comment on that category.
    14 team, H2H, daily start, min. 3 goalie appearances, 3 Keepers (round drafted+3) with 1 Goalie max.
    G, A, P, PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Hits // W, SV, GAA, SV%, SHO

3C: Norris, Danault, Barbashev (LW)
    3RW: Tippett (LW), Roy, Frederic
    3LW: Knies, Ehlers, Foegele
    4D: Dobson, Gostisbehere, Orlov, Power
    2G: Lyon, Husso
    1Util: M. Foligno (LW, RW)
    4Bench: Brossoit, Werenski, Marchenko, Rossi
    2IR: Zegras

Keepers: Dobson (6th), Tippett (11th), Norris (14th)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I agree that McDavid, Draisaitl, MacKinnon, and Matthews are the power 4... should be first 4 off the board.

Goalies... are either a BIG YES or a BIG NO at #6.

If this is a 16-team, start 2G league... then absolutely, Vasilevskiy at #6 if he's there... goalies will run THIN and quick if it's start 2G, which means 32G of the NHL 32G are needed as starters.
    If this is a 16-team, start 1G league... I would absolutely not touch a goalie for the first 10 or so rounds. There will be plenty. Start 1G, which means 16G of the NHL 32G are needed as starters.
    BIG DIFFERENCE.
    (I actually HATE 16-team leagues because of what it does to goalie-value... it's either SKY HIGH or ROCK BOTTOM, depending on start 1G or start 2G)

Brady Tkachuk is a big NO at #6... yes he's great in multi-cat HITS because of the HITS... but everybody can rally up enough HITS through their latter picks.
    You don't try to tackle HITS as a category with your first pick. HITS is always on the wire, get as much as you need after you have your team.

The 26-year old Alexsander Barkov is an absolutely FINE/SAFE pick at #6 if the big4 and Vasilevskiy are gone.

If it's a start 1G and team #5 happens to be smart enough to take Barkov... then Kucherov (age28) is a solid pick.
    Sebastian Aho (age 24) is another acceptable pick, especially considering the fire power that CAR has on its wing for him to play with.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It‘s a start 2 G league!

So like you said,Goalies sould be really high!

3 replies…3 different opinions

Number 6 s*cks 😂

What about Pasta or Rantanen?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Is Barkov > Zibanejad?

Edit: I'd probably go with Vasilevsky then
    Yahoo Limited keeper: keep up to 8 players from the preceding season, but 2 of them has to be dropped at the end of the season, decided before the start. 'Keep eligible players' from draft round 11 and later, or undrafted.
    16 team league. H2H. League cats: G A +/- PIM PPP SHP SOG FW HIT BLK; W GAA SV SV% SHO
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 6Bench, 2IR
    Keepers 23/24 + cost of keeping. M Seider 2, B Tkachuk 5, D Batherson 4, D Cozens 1, W Johnston 1, F Gustavsson 1. Drafted and keep eligible: J Sanderson, T Harley, J Wallstedt

Dobber Sports Sage

I'm no way taking a goalie with my first pick for a H2H league with 13 skater categories to (5 goalie cats + a shutout category).

David Pastrňák might be my pick not really sure, don't like that spot too lol. I just know it wouldn't be Vas.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Demi-God

If you roster a deep league of 12F/6D/2G... then yes, I'd take a goalie like Vas... if he's there. Nobody else at #6 though, not even Helle or Lehner.
    This format IS a little different than other leagues.
    There's a lot of pure-count stats for goalies.
    GP, W, SV

If you can get 3 teams worth of goalies... you'll take those categories weekly.
    Volume starters like Vas will allow you to not have to use bench spots for a tandem.
    And that will allow you to use your Bench slots to get more skater starts.

So - volume goalies are GOOD in this league.

(FWIW - I usually prefer for teams to win H2H leagues with the skater cats... so I'm assuming you have 12F/6D and at least 5 BENCH. If that's the case... the sheer amount of skaters drafted will allow you to roster a good team simply by making keen skater picks throughout draft. If, by chance, this is a shallower league with 6F/4D... then you absolutely want premium skaters and pass on goalies.)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

@pengwin

Yes 12F 6D 2G 5 bench and 10 minors

Really like what you are saying but i never drafted a Goalie thag high…but i never played in a league like that tbh 😂

Draft Guru yes or no?

Dobber Sports Sage

16 Teams, you are for the most part not going to get 3 volume starters on good teams, where the third goalie isn't going to crash your rate stats at the same time. If you do, then you will just be achieving this by sacrificing so much in the skater cats.

There's 3 Volume categories GP, W and Saves. Only one less in the rate stats GAA and Save%. Then there's shutouts which would lean more to the volume category. 3:2

12:1 volume to rate for skaters.
    I'll be waiting out for my two solid rate goalies later on in the draft and throwing everything I have into skater.

Having multi-position eligibility makes this works smoother. I don't know how generous Fantrax is with that...
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would pick Vasilevskyi

Otherwise Panarin, Rantanan, Pastrnak, Barkov or Marner

Dobber Sports Wizard

Basil is good at 6 but personally, assuming top 5 go as u listed, I’m taking Barkov or Pasta
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Veteran

If it were me, and I was not sure, I would punch the league into Fantasy Hockey Geek and let that decide. Not as fun (Draft Guru is borderline cheating maybe? - i used it once and felt dirty after so i made a few losing trades to make myself feel better ) but it will give you a snapshot of value based on your league format. Just glance at it anyway. No matter what you wont blow it given the options but it may not be that close between your choices and FHG can highlight that.
    Good luck!

(I have no affiliation with FHG)

Dobber Sports All-Star

16 teams I usually wouldn’t take a goalie with the first pick but you’ll be picking the best goalie here if you do. He’s a worry free pick and gets you everything. You wouldn’t have to pickup another for a while. Pick him and then build around a solid foundation, I don’t think he will be there when you pick next. Good luck.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd take Vasilevskiy at 6 if he's there. He's an elite ratio volume starter. Those have always been rare, and right now, he's the only clear one. As Pengwin said, volume goalie stats starting 2 goalies is great for him there.

I'd be willing to grab him in a start 1G league there, and just figure stuff out, but my last initial draft was a long, long time ago.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.