Thread: Next Draft Pick

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Next Draft Pick

Dilemma. Odd situation. I've got the next pick in our keeper league draft. 24 team, 32 keepers, very deep league. I have Bolduc as an option to bring in a high floor prospect at C in which I have no prospects at C. I already picked L Hughes, A Martino and Chibrikov. Bolduc was the next logical choice and now Sami Niku has signed with MTL. Is he going to get meaningful minutes. I have a good balance in all postions of players who will play this year so there's no direct positional need. What is your opinion on Niku's chances of taking PP2 and playing meaningful minutes and Bolduc's ceiling and readiness to the show? Also im considering a dark horse between those two in Ryan McLeod. Even thoughts on Pinelli?
    For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Next Draft Pick

If Niku could not get meaningful time on Winnipeg Last year - is there really a chance he can get meaningful time in Montreal?

As for PP 2 - I can't see him outplaying Petry or Romanov for PP ice time.

I like the idea of taking Bolduc for the upside. I also do not mind the idea of Pinelli. I think either of these options are good options for you over Niku

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I was thinking the same thing. The more i read on Bolduc, his skill level seems to overcome his consistency issues.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I may be super low on Bolduc than most, but after doing my research for this year's draft I ended up ranking Pinelli @ 22 from this year's crop and Bolduc @ 43. I'm taking Pinelli with the pick but otherwise between just Bolduc and Niku I'd evaluate them pretty evenly but I think I'd go with the higher reward option in Bolduc.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I like Pinelli too. It's a shame he didn't get to play in the OHL in his draft year. I have no idea the competition level in the Slovenian league but he had 13 points in 18 games against men. (Skill level in that leauge is ???) I like that Bolduc actually improved his PPG totals on a rebuilding team without Lafreniere. That is encouraging.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Took Bolduc. High reward kinda guy. Thanks guys.