Hello everyone,

My name is Joe and I am the commissioner of the Great American Fantasy Hockey League. This 14-team league is entering its fourth season, and we are in need an owner to take over for a guy who did not submit his league fee by the 9/23 deadline. We are looking to add only very active and competitive owners with integrity and a history of success in fantasy leagues. Here are some quick details:

- Entry fee of $150
- League run using Fantrax commissioner service
- 100% of the fees go toward paying for the league site and the pot
- Live extended draft starting September 27
- H2H, points-based scoring
- Top six teams make playoffs
- Weekly add/drops, daily lineup changes
- Teams keep 3 players from year to year
- A team can keep the same player only three consecutive years

Here is the roster of the available teams. As mentioned above, each team keeps three players from year to year. You can only keep the same player three consecutive years. Players with asterisks by their names have already been kept once by their team. Two asterisks means the player has been kept twice:

Team A (9th pick in draft)
**Leon Draisaitl
**Patrick Kane
Evander Kane
Mark Stone
Ondrej Palat
**Roman Josi
Sean Couturier
William Karlsson
Torey Krug
Craig Smith
Alex Killorn
Josh Anderson
Alex Iafallo
Miles Wood
Rasmus Ristolainen
Jason Spezza
Shea Weber
Kasperi Kapanen
Duncan Keith
Andreas Athanasiou
Vladimir Tarasenko
Kevin Lankinen
Carey Price

I’ve attached the full constitution below. If interested, please email me at [email protected]. Serious, experienced owners only please.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great American Fantasy Hockey League

I. OBJECTIVE: The mission of the GAFHL is to conduct a game of fantasy hockey in a fun and competitive fashion while maintaining stable franchise ownership from season to season. This league was founded to help us enjoy the game we love to follow, as well as a way to participate in a league with a very high level of activity and competition.

II. TEAMS AND OWNERS: The league will consist of 14 owners from across North America.

III. FEES: The GAFHL has a one-time entry fee of $150. This fee covers all transactions and league costs for the entire season. All league fees go towards paying for the league website and winnersÂ’ pot (see section XI on payouts). Please send check or money order to the following address (no cash please):

(Address given out when you join the league)

Second, you could send me a PayPal payment at my username of [email protected]. If you choose to do this, please make sure you send the payment as a personal payment or gift, as IÂ’m charged a fee if you send me a purchase payment. And if you prefer, you can send me a Venmo payment at my username of Joseph-Caponio.
Finally, Fantrax has a “Treasurer” feature, where you can pay your entry fee directly into the pot on the league site. You can make use of this feature here: (Link given out when you join the league)
All money will be held in the site treasury, so if you send me your fee, I will then put it into the treasury for you. So, you can either pay me or the site directly, whichever option you feel is best or easiest for you.

IV. MANAGEMENT: Joe Caponio will serve as commissioner of the league, and the league website will be hosted by FantraxÂ’s commissioner service.

V. DRAFT PROCESS: Each year, we will hold a live draft over several days to form our rosters for the upcoming season.

Because it is virtually impossible to get 14 owners from across the continent online all at one time for a three-hour period, we will hold a “slow” draft, where each team has four hours to make their selection. The draft clock will be suspended overnight to prevent owners from being skipped as they sleep. The commissioner may lower the time of the clock as the draft progresses in an effort to speed up the process. If a team’s clock expires, their pick is skipped until the end of the current round. At that point, the skipped team will have an hour to inform the commissioner of their pick, and the pick will then be entered. If an hour passes and there has been no notification of the makeup pick, the draft will continue and the skipped pick will be made up whenever the owner informs the commissioner of his choice.

The draft order is based on the results of a “draft bracket.” The eight teams that do not qualify for the playoffs (see section VIII) will be entered into the “draft bracket.” These teams will stage a 3-week, single elimination tournament to determine the draft order for the following season. The winner of the draft bracket will get the first pick in the following year’s draft, the runner-up will receive the second pick, and so on. This is done to encourage teams who fall out of playoff competition to continue to competitively manage their teams for the entire season.

The remaining (playoff) teams draft order will be determined based upon how they finished in the playoffs. Picking in reverse order, the GAFHL Cup Champion will pick 14th, the runner-up 13th, etc., down to the 9th place team.

The draft will follow a “snake” order, where the team picking first in even-numbered rounds will pick last in odd-numbered rounds.

VI. KEEPERS: One week prior to each seasonÂ’s draft, owners must select three players to keep off of their roster from the end of the previous season. These can be three players from any position.

Players can be kept by the same team only three consecutive times, meaning a team can control a player for up to four seasons (the year he is drafted/acquired plus the three times he is kept). If a player is traded, he is eligible to be kept another three years by his new team.

VII. ROSTERS AND LINEUPS: Each team will field a roster with 22 players. Each team will start 16 players each night (3 Centers, 3 Left Wingers, 3 Right Wingers, 4 Defensemen, 1 Goalkeeper, and 2 Flex Skaters). Teams can change their lineups nightly throughout the game period. Lineups lock in five minutes before the first NHL game each day.

VIII. DIVISIONS, SCHEDULE, AND PLAYOFFS: There will be two divisions of 7 teams, with the division alignment being based on the geographical location of the owners of each team.

Each team will play 23 regular season games, head-to-head against a different opponent each week (Monday through Sunday). At the end of the 23-week regular season, the top six teams will advance to the league playoffs. The league standings are in order of winning percentage. The first standings tiebreaker is total fantasy points scored, and the second head-to-head record.

The team with the best overall record will receive the top seed in the playoffs, as well as a first-round bye. The team that wins the other division will receive the #2 seed, and the other first-round bye. The four teams with the next best records will be seeded #3-#6 as the wild cards, and compete in the first round of the playoffs, with the #3 team playing the #6 team, and the #4 team playing the #5 team.

The lowest seeded winner from the first round will advance to play the #1 seed in the semifinals, while the higher seeded opening round winner will advance to play the #2 seed. The two semifinal winners will play each other for the GAFHL Cup.

IX. SCORING SYSTEM: The GAFHL will follow a head-to-head, points-based scoring system, outlined here:

Forwards:
A Assists 3 points
BS Blocked Shots 0.2 points
FOL Face-offs lost -0.1 points
FOW Face-offs won 0.1 points
G Goals 5 points
H Hits 0.2 points
PIM Penalty Minutes -0.3 points
SOG Shots on Goal 0.4 points

Defensemen:
A Assists 4 points
BS Blocked Shots 0.2 points
FOL Face-offs lost -0.1 points
FOW Face-offs won 0.1 points
G Goals 7 points
H Hits 0.2 points
PIM Penalty Minutes -0.3 points
SOG Shots on Goal 0.4 points

Goaltenders:
GA Goals Against -3 points
GGP Games Played 1 point
W Wins 5 points
L Losses -3 points
S Saves 0.4 points
SO Shut Outs 2 points

The team with the highest total number of fantasy points at the end of the week will get the win for that week. In the result of a tie, the team with the most total fantasy points from their bench will be declared the winner.

X. TRANSACTIONS:

Waiver Signings: Teams are allowed an unlimited number of free agent/waiver signings per season. These are included in the league fee.

Trades: Teams are allowed to trade players at any time. You can only trade draft picks for an upcoming draft once you have paid your league fee for the upcoming season. All trades must be passed by the Trade Committee. This committee will be made up of five owners each year. Should they reject a trade, the owners will be asked to redo the deal so that it passes through the committee. If a trade vote is tied, the commissioner will step in and have the deciding vote.

XI. PAYOUTS: All the money paid in the league fees goes towards the league payouts, with the exception of the $100 Fantrax charges to host the site. So, with 14 teams putting in $150, the total pot comes out to $2,100. After subtracting the $100 for the site, we are left with $2,000 for payouts. The prize money will be broken down as follows:

• Cup Champion: $900
• Cup Runner Up: $450
• Best Overall Regular Season Record: $450
• Other Division Winner: $200

Therefore, it is possible that a team finishing with the best overall regular season record and winning the Cup Championship could win $1,350.