Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: rate the following RWs

rmsshea

Default rate the following RWs

12 team H2H G, A, +/-, PM, Sh%

Please rate the following RWs for the upcoming season.

M. Knuble (Phi)
    B. Gionta (NJ)
    G. Murray (Bos)
    S. Doan (Pho)
    M. Ryder (Mon)
    A. Kovalev (Mon)

Thanks

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re:rate the following RWs

Gionta (most talented on the list by far, look for a bounce back season getting more ice-time)

Knuble (I dont like picking players becasue who they play with but knuble #2)

Doan (Shitty team, but had a great second half last year)

Ryder (is a goal scorer no matter who he plays with, guaranteed 60 pt guy, but no better)

Murray (see Knuble, and his +/- will be terrile)

Kovalev (last, the guys a bum!!)

hope that helps

Dobber Sports Icon

I\'d go with the same rankings as dcarrbaby except I\'d switch knuble and doan. I think doan will bounce back in a big way this year, and he actually has a blue-chip center now in mueller... who centered him last year?
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Initiate

lanky522 wrote:
    I\'d go with the same rankings as dcarrbaby except I\'d switch knuble and doan. I think doan will bounce back in a big way this year, and he actually has a blue-chip center now in mueller... who centered him last year?
    Not trying to call you out Lanky, but this year only would you rather a guy who plays with mueller, who hasnt proven a thing in the nhl, and a noboby, or a guy playing with briere and gagne. Knuble is a little more injury prone, but has a larger potential for a big year with those 2 speedy forwards.

Dobber Sports Icon

dcarrbaby wrote:
    Not trying to call you out Lanky, but this year only would you rather a guy who plays with mueller, who hasnt proven a thing in the nhl, and a noboby, or a guy playing with briere and gagne. Knuble is a little more injury prone, but has a larger potential for a big year with those 2 speedy forwards.
    I would rather have doan than knuble this year, because with all the depth in phili, there\'s no gaurentee that he\'ll play with gagne and/or briere the whole year. Add to that the fact that briere and gagne are also fairly injury prone themselves and I\'d definitley go with doan, who still had 55 points last year with no help whatsoever.

It\'s just a personal preference really, I like doan as a player, and he\'ll definitely be more valuable than knuble in the penalty minute stat.

Knuble has always just been a \"fill in player\" (a guy you can put on your top line to fill the spot) with hartnell, lupul, and upshall now in phili, I\'m not to confident in knubles ability to stay on the top line all year long (much less the top powerplay unit). Doan is a sure thing to play 21+ minutes a game... I can\'t say the same for knuble.
    Roster Limit(s):
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Gionta
    Knuble
    Ryder
    Murray
    Kovalev
    Doan

The odds that Knuble outscores Gionta are rather good but I don\'t like players who can\'t produce by their own. Therefore Gionta is the safer bet.

Ryder is a model on consistency. 60 pts is what you\'ll get. Murray\'s upside is higher but considering his groin problem for the last two season I\'d rank him behind Ryder. If he stays healthy though he\'ll outscore Ryder by 10 pts, thanks to Savard, as he was on par for a 70pts season last season prior to his injury.

Kovalev can\'t get any worse than last season. I set him at 60pts, which is only 7 points more than his production rate last year.

Doan is all alone. The support cast is almost nonexistent. Jovocop\'ll be gone after 45-50 games either by way of injury or by trade. Maybe Mueller will help but how far can you rely on him, a rookie, to help Doan reach the 60pts mark? I see Doan between 50-55pts (I know some wll disagree here but that\'s my call).

Dobber Sports Icon

Promethee wrote:
    The odds that Knuble outscores Gionta are rather good but I don\'t like players who can\'t produce by their own. Therefore Gionta is the safer bet.

Ryder is a model on consistency. 60 pts is what you\'ll get. Murray\'s upside is higher but considering his groin problem for the last two season I\'d rank him behind Ryder. If he stays healthy though he\'ll outscore Ryder by 10 pts, thanks to Savard, as he was on par for a 70pts season last season prior to his injury.

Kovalev can\'t get any worse than last season. I set him at 60pts, which is only 7 points more than his production rate last year.

Doan is all alone. The support cast is almost nonexistent. Jovocop\'ll be gone after 45-50 games either by way of injury or by trade. Maybe Mueller will help but how far can you rely on him, a rookie, to help Doan reach the 60pts mark? I see Doan between 50-55pts (I know some wll disagree here but that\'s my call).
    Just because doan is all alone doesn\'t mean anything... you have him at only 5-10 points less than the few players above him (you have kovalev and ryder predicted at 60 points), but doan will get twice as many penalty minutes (which by his scoring system he counts). He\'s also very likely to have a better plus/minus than kovalev and ryder.

I don\'t know that you should have doan behind all of those guys that will have absolutely terrible plus/minus\'s again this year. Ryder was -25, and kovalev was -19 last year while doan (despite being on a horrible team) was only -14.

RECAP:
    Doan will be better than ryder and kovalev in +/- and pim, and will be close (or better in my opinion) in g, a, pts, and sog.

Why should he be ranked last?
    Roster Limit(s):

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

rmsshea wrote:
    12 team H2H G, A, +/-, PM, Sh%

Please rate the following RWs for the upcoming season.

M. Knuble (Phi)
    B. Gionta (NJ)
    G. Murray (Bos)
    S. Doan (Pho)
    M. Ryder (Mon)
    A. Kovalev (Mon)

Thanks
    Gionta.... He will bounce back this year
    Doan..... Has a centerman this year
    Knuble..... beware the injuries...to not only him but Gagne...
    Ryder... consistent 30 goal gy
    Murray..... Longer in the tooth and has groin problems
    Kovalev.... do I need to say anything..

Dobber Sports Rookie

Murray\'s health concerns would lead me to pass him by until someone else likely nabs him.

I\'d rank \'em...
    Gionta
    Knuble
    Doan
    Ryder
    Kovalev
    Murray

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Gionta
    Doan
    Knuble

Lanky is right about Doan. I would go beyond that to say Doan has pride and heart that sets him apart when his or the talent around him isn\'t enough.

I really like Knuble for this year but in your league settings Doan has to have the edge over him.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

In a one-year league, considering your scoring categories, here\'s my ranking:

Knuble... IF he stays healthy and on the top line. If you have doubts, move him down.

Gionta... he will miss Gomez.

Doan... +/- will be brutal. Good G and PIMs though.

Ryder... his dismal +/- keeps him from ranking higher

Murray... on the decline

... ... ... ...

Kovalev... as mentioned earlier, this guy\'s a bum.

Post edited by: raffi, at: 2007/08/29 02:49

rmsshea

Thanks for the advice. If anyone\'s curious, I took Gionta, Knuble went 2 picks later, Doan 2 picks after that.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

lanky522 wrote:
    I don\'t know that you should have doan behind all of those guys that will have absolutely terrible plus/minus\'s again this year. Ryder was -25, and kovalev was -19 last year while doan (despite being on a horrible team) was only -14.

RECAP:
    Doan will be better than ryder and kovalev in +/- and pim, and will be close (or better in my opinion) in g, a, pts, and sog.

Why should he be ranked last?
    Kovalev was -19 last year with 78 PIM
    Doan was -14 with with 73 PIM

I expect Doan +/- to get worst this year, Kovalev better (Souray and Aebisher are gone after all). I don\'t see Doan getting more points than last year at all. Maybe frustration of losing will boost his PIM though.

Dobber Sports Icon

promethee wrote:

I expect Doan +/- to get worst this year, Kovalev better (Souray and Aebisher are gone after all). I don\'t see Doan getting more points than last year at all. Maybe frustration of losing will boost his PIM though.
    why would you think that

1) montreal will have a better plus minus this year? They won\'t score more that\'s for sure, and souray wasn\'t the cause of every even strength goal.

2) phoenix will have a bad plus/minus this year? They added goaltending and didn\'t lose any defenders (have one of the best defensive cores in the league), and they added mueller (who will put points up and is responsible on the backcheck), and york (who\'s played with the isles for the majority of the last 2 seasons and one of the best defensive/discipline coaches in the nhl in nolan).

Phoenix\'s +/- will be the same or slightly better than it was last year. Montreal did add hamerlik, but they still have zero defensive minded forwards on the team. They also just don\'t score much even strength when goals count for +/-.

Also, i think that kovalev scoring 60 points is extremely generous to say the least.
    Roster Limit(s):

Dobber Sports Prodigy

lanky522 wrote:
    promethee wrote:

why would you think that

1) montreal will have a better plus minus this year? They won\'t score more that\'s for sure, and souray wasn\'t the cause of every even strength goal.

Can\'t Higgins, who missed 21 games and played another 20 with a broken collar bone score more than last year? Can\'t Latendresse, as sophomore, can\'t do better than his 16 goals? Samsonov scored 9 goals last year, I\'m sure Kostitsyn will double that. Smolinski will outscore Bonk (23pts) by 10-15pts. Can Kovalev be worse? Who\'ll score more goal between Murray and Kostopoulos?

I know Montreal didn\'t add a BIG name but no big name doesn\'t equal to no improvement.

2) phoenix will have a bad plus/minus this year? They added goaltending and didn\'t lose any defenders (have one of the best defensive cores in the league), and they added mueller (who will put points up and is responsible on the backcheck), and york (who\'s played with the isles for the majority of the last 2 seasons and one of the best defensive/discipline coaches in the nhl in nolan).

Which goaltender? Aebisher? He took a salary cut of 1.3M$ for a reason. The guy moves like a bacon slice in the pan, just watching him give me an itch. They do have a very good D-squad though, when everybody is healthy. And York? He has been a healthy scratch in Philadelphie, the worst team of the league. He was out of shape. If Nolan can\'t make him play as he should I don\'t see how Gretzky can

Phoenix\'s +/- will be the same or slightly better than it was last year. Montreal did add hamerlik, but they still have zero defensive minded forwards on the team. They also just don\'t score much even strength when goals count for +/-.

What about Higgins, Plekanec, Begin, Smolinski?

Also, i think that kovalev scoring 60 points is extremely generous to say the least.

He was on par for 53pts last year on what is considered his worst season ever? He reached that mark on many occasions. How is it so generous?

Phoenix will have the worst offense in the league and no #1 goaltender. I don\'t see how their +/- can improve.
    Post edited by: Promethee, at: 2007/08/29 11:17