Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: CMC injury

  1. #1
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Demi-God

    Default CMC injury

    Sucks for fantasy. Sucks for football.

    Hope it's not too serious.

  2. #2
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Immortal

    Default Re: CMC injury

    I picked up Chubba Hubbard last week expecting this very thing. I hope for him it's not serious. I hope for my fantasy team it is.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

    25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

    Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Couture, Wheeler, Lee, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Bennett, Puljujarvi, JSchwartz, Mittelstadt KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Hayton, Vrana

    G- Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Sorokin


    "Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

  3. #3
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Demi-God

    Default Re: CMC injury

    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I picked up Chubba Hubbard last week expecting this very thing. I hope for him it's not serious. I hope for my fantasy team it is.
    Might want to grab Freeman as well now.

  4. #4
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Jedi

    Default Re: CMC injury

    Could be a few weeks as he looked like he really pulled his hammy.
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

    C: Kuz, Toews, Dach
    LW: Connor, Benn (C), Stuetzle
    RW: Marner, Pastrnak
    D: Carlson, Theodore, Hronek, K.Miller, Morrissey
    G: Helly, Hart, Allen, Halak
    IR: Eichel (C)
    IR+: E.Kane (LW,RW)

  5. #5
    dejeanneret's Avatar
    dejeanneret is offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,504
    Location
    Big Apple
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Veteran

    Default Re: CMC injury

    Pretty amazing how different that offense looked once CMC went down. Not that I doubt how good he is, but it was interesting to me to see just how much one guy truly does change what the defense has to do and opens up just that little bit of space even without touching the ball on a given play.

    So this is probably an unfair/premature question, but how worried is anyone (if at all) that CMC may be starting to wear down from a health perspective? Different issue, but he missed most of last season with injuries and looks to have a fairly concerning hamstring injury 3 games in this year (after handling about 30 touches/game in the first two weeks). Just curious -- after all, they do say the best "ability" is "availability" and despite how dynamic he is when he's on the field, the injury time is starting to mount.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%


    C: Seguin/Giroux/Dach/Pavelski/B.Nelson/McMichael
    W: Ovechkin/Kaprizov/Hall/Toffoli/Raymond/Eklund/Kessel/Kurashev/E.Kane
    D: Klingberg/Provorov/DeAngelo/Weegar/Dobson/Larsson
    G: Demko/Saros/Halak

  6. #6
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Jedi

    Default Re: CMC injury

    Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Pretty amazing how different that offense looked once CMC went down. Not that I doubt how good he is, but it was interesting to me to see just how much one guy truly does change what the defense has to do and opens up just that little bit of space even without touching the ball on a given play.

    So this is probably an unfair/premature question, but how worried is anyone (if at all) that CMC may be starting to wear down from a health perspective? Different issue, but he missed most of last season with injuries and looks to have a fairly concerning hamstring injury 3 games in this year (after handling about 30 touches/game in the first two weeks). Just curious -- after all, they do say the best "ability" is "availability" and despite how dynamic he is when he's on the field, the injury time is starting to mount.
    Slightly worried because he was banged up last week. Running Backs usually age badly after 1,500-1,800 carries. With catches, he's at 1,070. I think he's prolly got 2 yrs left at this level of production, when he's in. With the extra game added in now it might even be less.

    I would say this is the yr to watch. If he comes back and has no soft tissue issues after this then I wouldn't be worried about the next yr. If he does it then becomes a worry. However, it could show Hubbard is ready and it would adjust The Panthers style of offense and lower CMC's touches to help him stay healthy.
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

    C: Kuz, Toews, Dach
    LW: Connor, Benn (C), Stuetzle
    RW: Marner, Pastrnak
    D: Carlson, Theodore, Hronek, K.Miller, Morrissey
    G: Helly, Hart, Allen, Halak
    IR: Eichel (C)
    IR+: E.Kane (LW,RW)

  7. #7
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: CMC injury

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Sucks for fantasy. Sucks for football.

    Hope it's not too serious.
    You missed the most important one...

    It sucks for Panther fans!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



  8. #8
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Demi-God

    Default Re: CMC injury

    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    You missed the most important one...

    It sucks for Panther fans!
    Didn't know many existed! Yes definitely sucks for you. They looked pretty dangerous and could have benefited from a weak ish division.

  9. #9
    Rep Power
    40

    Dobber Sports Ninja

    Default Re: CMC injury

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Didn't know many existed! Yes definitely sucks for you. They looked pretty dangerous and could have benefited from a weak ish division.
    Not everyone jumps on the Tom Brady band wagon! haha

    And yes... they had a pretty weak division and a decent schedule. Hopefully this injury is short term and he can come back and carry them to playoffs!!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



  10. #10
    Invictus's Avatar
    Invictus is online now
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,899
    Location
    Canada
    Rep Power
    18

    Dobber Sports Stud

    Default Re: CMC injury

    So I thought I was going to be quick/smart and grab Chuba last night, but he was on waivers lol.
    Didn't know that once teams play all their players switch from FA to Waiver.
    The joys of learning.
    The Team **CHAMPIONS**
    LW(3)- C(3)- RW(3)- D(4)- G(2)- Bench(4)- IR-

    1 Year Point League 11 Teams *Two Year Champion Streak*
    Player- (G)-3 (A)-2 (+/-)-1 (PPP)-1 (SHP)-2 (GWG)-1 (FW)-0.02 (HITS)-0.1 (BLOCKS)-0.2 (SHOTS)-0.05
    Goalie- (W)-4 (GA)- -1 (SV)-0.1 (SHO)-3


  11. #11
    Location
    Hamilton, ON
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Jedi

    Default Re: CMC injury

    Yup, you also get the extra day on Monday games. Because usually they are FA on Monday morning.
    12 team, H2H, 6 keeper league (Keepers in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, FW
    W, GAA, S%, Saves
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G

    C: Kuz, Toews, Dach
    LW: Connor, Benn (C), Stuetzle
    RW: Marner, Pastrnak
    D: Carlson, Theodore, Hronek, K.Miller, Morrissey
    G: Helly, Hart, Allen, Halak
    IR: Eichel (C)
    IR+: E.Kane (LW,RW)

  12. #12
    4T2's Avatar
    4T2 is offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,777
    Location
    Outside The Asylum
    Rep Power
    50

    Dobber Sports Sage

    Default Re: CMC injury

    Sorry guys, my fault… drafted him first overall in Dobber Tier 2 league, that’s the kiss of death. Did it to him last year as well and Barkley the year before

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •