Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for GMs to start new Yahoo league: super competitive preferred

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Looking for GMs to start new Yahoo league: super competitive preferred

Hi All.

First time poster...

Looking to start up a highly competitive Yahoo league: 12/14 GMs, ideally all diamond level, but realistically at least mid-gold and up. I want only GMs who don't quit ever, are very active in roster management (trades, roster, dressing, etc), who will definitely be at the draft, etc.

At this point it is not a pay league, but I would like to make it a $20/30+ IF we get GMs who are into it (either way I am OK as priority is on having a fun uber-competitive league). Minimum goal is to quickly find a set of awesome GMs who want to return each year and don't quit even if they are out of the playoffs...basically turn into a massive bragging rights league (+ at some point a small cash winnings reward).

Here is the link to the league, if interested use this link to join (you should be logged into Yahoo first): https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.c...634643b8f437d3

If you want to check the league out (rules, etc): https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/21310

Please sign up as soon as possible if interested as I would like to get draft order figured out as I do allow GMs to make draft pick trades and such!

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Looking for GMs to start new Yahoo league: super competitive preferred

We are filling up pretty quickly - only 7 spots left!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Re: Looking for GMs to start new Yahoo league: super competitive preferred

Might be interested, are you wanting a full keeper league or will you be doing a full redraft every season?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Cool! Current plan is full redraft each season. Especially for a new league, assuming redraft is a bit of an over-presumption imo.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I think you have to set out with it as being a keeper, if you're going to do full redraft year to year, I think I'll have to pass.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Well, thanks for the interest - you can always try it out for the season and see how it goes!

Dobber Sports Rookie

I would be willing to try it out for the season if all managers were on board to make it a keeper or a partial keeper of some kind, especially if you are looking to create a competitive league, it adds incentive to draft prospect type players as well! Most competitive managers would prefer to keep some of the players they do draft from year to year in most cases, me being one of them.

Dobber Sports Rookie

I completely understand your point. Partial keeper would be considered in-season if all GMs agree to it. It has a lot of benefits, especially if we include draft pick trading. I'm just being conservative in expectations as I don't want to mislead anybody since it is a new league and highly dependent on the GMs. Those that have joined so far look very good, for the record, and I would imagine that a partial keeper would be of interest.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Yeah, I just think it has to be decided before the draft mainly because draft strategy for a one year league is much different than for a year to year partial or full keeper league.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Once all GMs have signed up - before the draft, I can do a vote. However, I cannot guarantee the outcome of that vote.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Well, count me in for now, send me an invite [email protected]

Dobber Sports Rookie

Cool - I will send an invite now! Thanks!

Dobber Sports Rookie

The link in the original posting should also work, in case the invite goes to spam or something.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'm interested if there are still spots available.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Great! Yes, we have spots still. Please try this link: https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.c...634643b8f437d3