Thread: Survivor Season 41 - The New Era

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Survivor Season 41 - The New Era

What did everyone think of the season premiere last night?

Thought son the new twist for at tribal council?

And how hardcore is it that they have to earn everything and that the losing teams lost their flints?

Early favourites?? Let's hear it!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Survivor Season 41 - The New Era

Did not watch but you have me curios. 2 questions:

1. What was the twist? I assume not a massive spoiler as just 1 episode in?
    2. So the players actually have to "survive" now? If so that would be interesting. I have this theory the show's premises was supposed to be about kicking out the weakest survivor person (not really a theory this is how the show was marketed in season 1) but then Richard Hatch basically said "well if we just team up and vote together we can basically rig the game" and that decision made Jeff Probst like a Billion Dollars. I cannot believe they are on Season 41! That's crazy.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post

2. So the players actually have to "survive" now? If so that would be interesting. I have this theory the show's premises was supposed to be about kicking out the weakest survivor person (not really a theory this is how the show was marketed in season 1) but then Richard Hatch basically said "well if we just team up and vote together we can basically rig the game" and that decision made Jeff Probst like a Billion Dollars. I cannot believe they are on Season 41! That's crazy.
    1. Everyone has a dice... where they can gamble away their vote and draw for a chance for safety at tribal council. Looks like they can only use the dice once at Tribal. It wasn't used last night. so not 100% sure how it is going to work.

2. I think that it was the plan to try making it more about 'surviving' and earning your fire, food, etc. Instead of just getting the stuff and making it about strategy and socializing.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post

You're mostly right on point 2, but there was always the social element, right from when BB got kicked off. Guy was able to survive just fine, but was not pleasant to be around. The whole thing got turbocharged and people were shocked when Gretchen got the boot and then suddenly it became clear what was really going to happen. Richard Hatch took an interesting social experiment and turned it into a global phenomenon with how he put all the pieces together in real time. The next few seasons the show tried to still really go with the Survival side of things, but Africa was on a whole new level with long walks to even get water and having to rotate sleeping shifts in case animals came by the camp (they even had people hanging around with guns just in case). The show never went back to that level again and the survival part is more of a sideline these days to the real drama.

I have not watched the newest season yet. Need to find some time this week with my kids.

Dobber Sports Sage

This show is still going on! Wow.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

It’s great! A guilty pleasure for sure. But it’s standing the test of time! Like the new twists! No idea if anyone shows as a favorite. Cool to see two Canadians in the cast.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Are Richard Susan and Rudy still around?

Ps. Can't believe I remembered those 3 names off the top of my head.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Are Richard Susan and Rudy still around?

Ps. Can't believe I remembered those 3 names off the top of my head.
    Richard was slated to be on the show a few times but was unable to either due to his issues related to tax evasion, or because of an incident that happened between him and Sue in All Stars. Sue isn't really a part of the scene any longer. Sadly Rudy passed away a couple years ago. Guy was a legend.