Thread: Please help me with my keepers

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Please help me with my keepers

Guys, i need some help with my final keeper decisions for the league in my signature.

My three forwards and my goalie are locked: Matthews, Crosby, Guentzel, and Price

I have to choose 2 Dmen: Chychrun, Pionk, Seth Jones, Risto. Leaning towards Chychrun and Pionk

Last but not least I can keep 2 rookies, here I'm having a really hard time deciding who I should pick. Here are the candidates:
    Francouz
    Elvis
    Robertson
    Zegras
    Norris
    Hoglander

What would you do?
    League
    Rotisserie
    10 Teams
    Keep 1 G, 2 D, 3 F + 2 rookies (1-82 regular season games)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G

Categories
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, PIM, HIT, BLK
    W, SO, GAA, SV%

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Please help me with my keepers

I would probably choose Pionk and Jones for d-men.
    And Zegras and Robertson for rookies...assuming this is Jason Robertson. If it's Nick Robertson, then I would switch my pick to Norris. ...unless you really feel you need a goalie.
    8-Team Points-Only Keeper League
    Roster of 25 Players
    No positional requirements for Forwards
    Farm System of 3 Players

Fwds - Rantanen, Kaprizov, Pettersson, J. Hughes, Ovechkin, Malkin, A. Svechnikov, Forsberg, Reinhart, Keller, Gaudreau, Hagel, Eklund

Def - Q. Hughes, Josi, Theodore, Morrissey, Dunn, Letang, Burns, Matheson, York, Thrun

Goalies - Shesterkin, Jarry

Farm - Benson, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Demi-God

D: Pionk, S.Jones (you don't need Chychrun's MINUS pulling your team down... and ARI will struggle to score with their shit lineup)
    r: Zegras (for SURE, not debatable)... and Norris (above either Robertson, for me... though it's close: Norris vs. J.Robertson vs. Hoglander is debatable. I'm not a Hoglander fan... I know many area. And I think Jason Robertson won't repeat his year as Dallas is now 4-line-loaded for TOI distribution and JRob might not be PP1 with Seguin back and possibly Radulov healthy. Norris, IMO, better lock for top-line ice-time).

Dobber Sports Prodigy

You're probably right about Chychrun, so Pionk and Jones are my frontrunners.

And I just realized that Francouz is also a rookie. Could he be my second rookie besides Zegras? How many starts do you see him get? I like Elvis, but CBJ, yeah not so much...
    League
    Rotisserie
    10 Teams
    Keep 1 G, 2 D, 3 F + 2 rookies (1-82 regular season games)
    Start 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW, 6 D, 2 G

Categories
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, PIM, HIT, BLK
    W, SO, GAA, SV%

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    D: Pionk, S.Jones (you don't need Chychrun's MINUS pulling your team down... and ARI will struggle to score with their shit lineup)
    r: Zegras (for SURE, not debatable)... and Norris (above either Robertson, for me... though it's close: Norris vs. J.Robertson vs. Hoglander is debatable. I'm not a Hoglander fan... I know many area. And I think Jason Robertson won't repeat his year as Dallas is now 4-line-loaded for TOI distribution and JRob might not be PP1 with Seguin back and possibly Radulov healthy. Norris, IMO, better lock for top-line ice-time).
    This is pretty much what I would say. I have some reservations about how well Zegras do on an Anaheim team that looks pretty iffy right now but he's definitely the best of the bunch there in terms of upside.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree re not keeping Chychrun due to the Arizona tire-fire - leaving Pionk and Jones as D keepers.

For the rookies I'd be keeping Elvis and Francouz. I'm not sold on Price being all that useful next year, so more than anything else you need G help. Francouz is a question mark, but Kuemper's got some injury history. Francouz could provide sneaky value this year. Elvis is a good goalie, and with his new contract should get the lion's share of the starts. Will they be good starts? Nobody knows with all the upheaval in CLB, but I think it's a decent gamble. Plus it's a roto league. Drafting one more G late and trying to pick your starts to some extent might give you enough value at G to make a run.

Sure Zegras has the most upside - but it's basically a one year league. No way Zegras supplants one of Crosby, Matthews, or Guentzel as the OP's veteran F keepers going forward.
    Yahoo 12-team H2H partial keeper league (keep 7 vets + 3 prospects (p = skater <201 gp; goalie < 101gp))

G,A,P,PIM,+/-,PPP,SOG,FW,hits, blocks, W,GAA,SV%,Saves
    Start 3/3/3/5/2

C: Kopitar, P. Suter, Carlsson (p), Lundell (p), Norris
    LW: B. Tkachuk, Stutzle (c), Colton (c), Ehlers
    RW: Rantanen, Caufield (lw), Svechnikov (lw), Foegele (lw)
    D: Dahlin, Andersson, Chychrun, Montour, Sanheim, Matheson, Faber (p)
    G: Talbot, Forsberg, Daws (p), Wolf (p, NA)
    IR: Fantilli, Sergachev, Jeannot, Ingram
    NA: Levi