Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Bertuzzi not vaccinated, will not be able to play games in Canada

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Tyler Bertuzzi not vaccinated, will not be able to play games in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    What did Bettman say the vax rate was - between 98% and 99%? So that means, roughly a dozen players who aren't? And a subset of those will be fantasy worthy. It will be interesting to see the rest of the names and how long it will take for them to be revealed. I feel bad for people who've drafted or had to make keeper decisions already.
    Rumour is Josh Archibald is on that list according to people who've looked through his twitter history. Not very fantasy relevant though.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Tyler Bertuzzi not vaccinated, will not be able to play games in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Rumour is Josh Archibald is on that list according to people who've looked through his twitter history. Not very fantasy relevant though.
    Archibald not being vaccinated has been confirmed by Oilers. Holland worked out that Archibald's availability could be down to 40 games because of this situation...
    I can see a trade happening.

Dobber Sports Master

lou lams said theres one player who was destined to play in the ahl that he's looking to accomodate with a euro assignment

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    So Bertuzzi has 3 games in Canada before the Olympic break. 2 of them are Saturdays, so if you have winger depth you may be able to sit him those nights anyways. If you can get through Oct 23-Nov 2, you don't need to worry about him until late Feb. But then he has 2 more Saturday games so you could be in position to make a lineup decision to bench him again. Tough call for teams that own him. Replace him if there's options, but otherwise you can do a risk-reward calculation. Also he could get covid of course too. Or injured. He may be hitting the wire in your league or slipping to the end or out of your draft, so there could be some sneaky value.

- - - Updated - - -

Have I just seen a ghost?
    Haha I had to scroll back up just to check myself!
    One of the best fantasy minds (not to mention fantastic people) has returned to the forums!!
    I just can't believe it was a Bertuzzi thread that brought the legend himself back.

Great to see your name and wisdom back Shoeless
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Yep. Plus Bertuzzi will be getting tested constantly and there are quite a few false positive test results. We have seen this impact other sports.
    I say he misses 20 games this year. He will get Covid at some point.
    Let’s not forget he’s coming off a missed year and a back surgery. Health alone is going to be a question mark. Then add in his games missed due to selfishness and any sick days… I ain’t touching this clown. Even though the Bertuzzi name on this kids jersey was a choice (opportunistically changed it to gain some name recognition) he’s lived up to the “pride” that the name represents in hockey.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Disappointing to see.

Dobber Sports Titan

I think I saw some of the restrictions the NHL has imposed as:
    - Can only go to hotel, practice facility and arena during away games (no bars, gyms, pools, events and can't have teammates in the hotel room with them)
    - Can't carpool or use saunas in any city
    - "encouraged" to not eat or drink on flights, attend bars/clubs or eat indoors even at home
    - Teams can suspended unvaccinated players who are "unable to participate in club activities". So due to a positive test, or inability to travel due to governmental restrictions
    - The league won't suspend an unvaccinated player if it's determined the case "arose" out of the course of employment as a hockey player
    - Unvaccinated players will need to quarantine for 7 days before training camp.
    - Unvaccinated players are tested daily opposed to testing at least every 3rd day for vaccinated players

- Players who are vaccinated and get COVID will be treated as a "Hockey related injury" and not lose pay

I really wonder how long Bertuzzi can go with these restrictions. Also, with the games he's missing already he's forfeited $400,000 in salary. Plus anymore if he misses any games because of COVID.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think Bertuzzi is going to be a lockerroom distraction/nuisance/concern more than anything.
    I think the players-group might actually work this one out... and I think StevieY (as former player)... knows it.

I mean, some of these guys have unvaccinated kids or unvaccinated friends/family (with medical reason).
    Delta variant of COVID can still have breakthrough cases and spread THROUGH vaccinated players/coaches to their friends/family.

So... every.single.day Bertuzzi shows up in that lockerroom, on ice, shares breathing space with players...
    He's exposing them, their kids, their worlds...
    By the time he gets a positive test... it'll already have been breathed into the world of all his teammates.

His teammates are going to rail him.
    We might not ever hear about it... (not this year)... but it'll be happening.
    He's basically the guy bringing his gun into the lockerroom because its "his right". Psh.
    I think he caves within a month and gets his vaccine shots.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I think Bertuzzi is going to be a lockerroom distraction/nuisance/concern more than anything.
    I think the players-group might actually work this one out... and I think StevieY (as former player)... knows it.

I mean, some of these guys have unvaccinated kids or unvaccinated friends/family (with medical reason).
    Delta variant of COVID can still have breakthrough cases and spread THROUGH vaccinated players/coaches to their friends/family.

So... every.single.day Bertuzzi shows up in that lockerroom, on ice, shares breathing space with players...
    By the time he gets a positive test... it'll already have been breathed into the world of all his teammates.

His teammates are going to rail him.
    We might not ever hear about it... (not this year)... but it'll be happening.
    He's basically the guy bringing his gun into the lockerroom because its "his right". Psh.
    I think he caves within a month and gets his vaccine shots.
    Pretty good stuff right there....
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    What a loser. I would trade his ass, cheap to the Kraken right now if I was Yzerman.
    Another MAGA cancer. A ***** and a snowflake who is just too delicate and precious to take a simple vaccination like all 1st graders do.
    I own Tony D and he is a MAGA douchebag too so I wonder if he will pull the same BS.

Tony D is vaccinated, Carolina is at 100% vaccination.

Dobber Sports Master

bode wilde might be the nyi player that didnt get vaxed .

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    Tony D is vaccinated, Carolina is at 100% vaccination.
    Oufff, it was my worst nightmare as a DeAngelo owner
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

This is false.
    Bertuzzi is adhering to increased restrictions movement restrictions (if properly followed) and the requirement of getting tested every day as opposed to every 3rd days. If tested every day the virus can be caught while still in the latent period (This is the period of time between getting infected with the virus and first becoming contagious). Players tested every 3 days run the (I'll say small) risk of being infectious around teammates.

Therefore, Bertuzzi would actually be safer to be around then all the other vaccinated players.

Quote Originally Posted by ACC90 View Post
    Oufff, it was my worst nightmare as a DeAngelo owner
    It's DeAngelo... still plenty of other nightmares there...
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    This is false.
    Bertuzzi is adhering to increased restrictions movement restrictions (if properly followed) and the requirement of getting tested every day as opposed to every 3rd days. If tested every day the virus can be caught while still in the latent period (This is the period of time between getting infected with the virus and first becoming contagious). Players tested every 3 days run the (I'll say small) risk of being infectious around teammates.

Therefore, Bertuzzi would actually be safer to be around then all the other vaccinated players.

It'll still be something players will be upset about if he isn't a liked player. He will 100% socially be a nuisance/distraction/concern.

You don't think him practicing with a mask on will distract players, or people who might be in a situation where they need to be careful for their home life be watching what water bottle is used? Or if there is COVID cases in the organization, don't you think he'd be social target #1?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Wings have 9 games scheduled in Canada this season. October = 2, November = 1, December and January = 0, February = 1, March = 3, April = 2. Presently his ADP is 160, which has him undervalued by about 2 rounds in drafts where PIM's and hits are categories. If healthy, he will play 55 of the first 58 games of the season. If his stock falls significantly with this news, I think he could be a late round value pick in deeper leagues, with a plan to jettison him at the Olympic break.

Is this really the return of the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be?!?

Quote Originally Posted by YzermansLegacy View Post
    Haha I had to scroll back up just to check myself!
    One of the best fantasy minds (not to mention fantastic people) has returned to the forums!!
    I just can't believe it was a Bertuzzi thread that brought the legend himself back.

Great to see your name and wisdom back Shoeless
    I echo this

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    This is false.

Invictus makes some good points here... I don't want to get into a big vaccination debate here. Plenty of other places to discuss that these days. But leagues are putting increased restrictions on players who choose to remain unvaccinated. If they follow these restrictions, they are arguably as safe or safer to be around than the vaccinated players are.
    Without me, it's only "aweso".