Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tyler Bertuzzi not vaccinated, will not be able to play games in Canada

The Magnificent One

Default Tyler Bertuzzi not vaccinated, will not be able to play games in Canada

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...ne/5812646001/

I'm guessing this will be the first of many names to trickle out. The guaranteed missed games, though known in advance, will be a huge drawback and will rightfully affect where he gets drafted in one-year leagues and whether he might not make it as a keeper given other - vaccinated - options.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Tyler Bertuzzi not vaccinated, will not be able to play games in Canada

What a loser. I would trade his ass, cheap to the Kraken right now if I was Yzerman.
    Another MAGA cancer. A ***** and a snowflake who is just too delicate and precious to take a simple vaccination like all 1st graders do.
    I own Tony D and he is a MAGA douchebag too so I wonder if he will pull the same BS.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Tyler Bertuzzi not vaccinated, will not be able to play games in Canada

Curious how long it lasts, the restrictions are pretty hard to follow, he might just make the switch half way through the season once he gets fed up with the rules the NHL has implimented.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Sage

Can't play vs three teams for half the games. They play each other 4 games each I think? (4x3)/2 = 6. Plus the 4 out of division games.

He will miss 10 games.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    Can't play vs three teams for half the games. They play each other 4 games each I think? (4x3)/2 = 6.

He will miss 6 games.
    Except when he has Covid, which is pretty much guaranteed during the winter. That will be a month, each instance.

Dobber Sports Monster

By my count Detroit has 8 games in Canada.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    My ( stupid work internet) internet went out for 5 mins while I wanted to edit. Ya If you look on the Same Night Tool will give a better answer than my 10 game estimate.

The Magnificent One

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Yeah, it's a non-nominal amount, certainly enough to impact his fantasy value. And of course there's also the non-nominal risk he gets sick too.
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Except when he has Covid, which is pretty much guaranteed during the winter. That will be a month, each instance.
    If a vaccinated player is positive to Covid but without symptoms, he will probably miss some games?
    I don't know all the rules, just asking
    10 Keepers Salary Cap League (96,025,000M Cap - Players CAP-HIT)
    8 Teams / 12 FW, 6 D, 1G, 4 Scratches
    +6 ELC contracts (farm)

F: 1xG + 1xA
    D: 2xG + 1xA
    G: 2xW + 1xOTL + 1xSO

F: Hintz, J. Hughes, Schmaltz, Zacha, Hyman, Novak, Hartman, Stamkos, Knies, Marchessault, Konecny, Monahan,
    D: Heiskanen, Andersson, Sergachev, Mintyukov, Addison, Guhle

G: Shesterkin

Scratch : Dach, Wheeler, Eklund,
    Lundkvist
    FARM : Edvinsson, Stankoven, Kulich, Musty, Leonard, Hutson

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Wings have 9 games scheduled in Canada this season. October = 2, November = 1, December and January = 0, February = 1, March = 3, April = 2. Presently his ADP is 160, which has him undervalued by about 2 rounds in drafts where PIM's and hits are categories. If healthy, he will play 55 of the first 58 games of the season. If his stock falls significantly with this news, I think he could be a late round value pick in deeper leagues, with a plan to jettison him at the Olympic break.

Dobber Sports Monster

Sat Oct 23 7:00 PM @ Canadiens
    Sat Oct 30 7:00 PM @ Maple Leafs
    Tue Nov 2 7:00 PM @ Canadiens
    Sat Feb 26 7:00 PM @ Maple Leafs
    Sat Mar 12 7:00 PM @ Flames
    Tue Mar 15 9:00 PM @ Oilers
    Thu Mar 17 10:00 PM @ Canucks
    Sun Apr 3 1:00 PM @ Senators

So Bertuzzi has 3 games in Canada before the Olympic break. 2 of them are Saturdays, so if you have winger depth you may be able to sit him those nights anyways. If you can get through Oct 23-Nov 2, you don't need to worry about him until late Feb. But then he has 2 more Saturday games so you could be in position to make a lineup decision to bench him again. Tough call for teams that own him. Replace him if there's options, but otherwise you can do a risk-reward calculation. Also he could get covid of course too. Or injured. He may be hitting the wire in your league or slipping to the end or out of your draft, so there could be some sneaky value.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    Wings have 9 games scheduled in Canada this season. October = 2, November = 1, December and January = 0, February = 1, March = 3, April = 2. Presently his ADP is 160, which has him undervalued by about 2 rounds in drafts where PIM's and hits are categories. If healthy, he will play 55 of the first 58 games of the season. If his stock falls significantly with this news, I think he could be a late round value pick in deeper leagues, with a plan to jettison him at the Olympic break.
    Have I just seen a ghost?

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Sage

Not as major as you would think once you dig into it further.

Dobber Sports Sage

Yep. Plus Bertuzzi will be getting tested constantly and there are quite a few false positive test results. We have seen this impact other sports.
    I say he misses 20 games this year. He will get Covid at some point.

The Magnificent One

What did Bettman say the vax rate was - between 98% and 99%? So that means, roughly a dozen players who aren't? And a subset of those will be fantasy worthy. It will be interesting to see the rest of the names and how long it will take for them to be revealed. I feel bad for people who've drafted or had to make keeper decisions already.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    What a loser. I would trade his ass, cheap to the Kraken right now if I was Yzerman.
    Another MAGA cancer. A ***** and a snowflake who is just too delicate and precious to take a simple vaccination like all 1st graders do.
    I own Tony D and he is a MAGA douchebag too so I wonder if he will pull the same BS.
    Massive loser. Guys a waste of oxygen. Don't even trade him, just put him on waivers! Snowflake I yell!!!!

The irony.

1st graders can't get vaccinated btw.