Thread: Dubois for Miller+York

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Dubois for Miller+York

So I am in a deep 16-team dynasty league with G, A, Special Team Points, SOG, Hits, +/-, W, GAA, SV%, and SHU as categories. We start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, and 1G
    I am in need of Dmen help as I currently have Burns, Toews, Ghost, Ristolainen, Parayko, Orlov. I have Harley, Zach Jones, and a few others in the minors. So definitely need help!

I was offered K’Andre Miller and Cam York for my Dubois

Curious what people thought of this. I am not keen on selling low on Dubois and I am afraid I am doing that here. I really like Miller but he is not going to be a big point-producer but will help in hits/+/-. York could be on 1L PP but has to fight Ellis, Provorov, Yandle.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Dubois for Miller+York

I'm not a huge fan of Dubois myself, so I kinda see this as on overall upgrade in total asset quality in the long term but it also doesn't provide with you very much right now. So I guess for me it would come down to whether or not your team is competitive right now. If the answer is yes, I think you have to hold out for something better. If the answer is no, than I think this is fine for you.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by random-d View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Dubois myself, so I kinda see this as on overall upgrade in total asset quality in the long term but it also doesn't provide with you very much right now. So I guess for me it would come down to whether or not your team is competitive right now. If the answer is yes, I think you have to hold out for something better. If the answer is no, than I think this is fine for you.
    Very fair point. I will be in contention this year so it is tempting to keep Dubois but I have Crosby, Larkin, and Benn to put into my 3 starting centers and I feel like I can grab a center easier off the FA wire. My Dmen really need the help and Miller will definitely help now with York being a possibility.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Well I think it's fair to say that Dubois's value is at a low after the last few years. I'm not fully convinced that he can bounce back but he certainly could get his game back in Winnipeg. This makes him a pretty valuable piece in your format if he does get back on track. On the other side, this offer is more than fair. Miller could very well be a monster in your format and York IMO becomes your best prospect defencemen. A very decent return for a guy clearly struggling to find his game. The problem here is that neither Miller or York fit the bill as the offensive defencemen that you need. It's a decent return for Dubois but I don't think either Miller or York are what you really need. Accordingly, I'm passing. Shop Dubois for the offensive D man that you currently lack.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Padawan

Thanks Bubba. Appreciate your thoughts. any other thoughts?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Agree with Bubba, try and get an offensive weapon on the blue line. Good luck.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The one thing with Miller is he is a project. So athletic and a rare package in my opinion. If you have time and patience he may be worth stashing as one never knows what the upside is for someone of his skillset, look at Burns in his early years. Fox is the shiny toy but Miller is truly unique and a diamond in the rough. Keep in mind I own Miller in a Dynasty so I am biased I really like York long term as well.
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.