Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Canadian election

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Canadian election

Obviously this would be a really dumb idea but a powerful one. I think all of western Canada shouldn't even cast a vote next election. It would be a world wide story to show how much we need electoral reform. Also if you want to play the population card, how about this one?

Alberta 34 seats. Population 4.3 Million.
    Atlantic Canada 32 seats. 2.4 million.

I think it's time for reform. As a side note Ray Taylor and others made this point already. This election being called now during a pandemic was in no shape in the best interests of the Canadian people. I don't care if it was liberals or Conservatives that are in power. There job is to represent us the peoples best interest. Trying to gauge where people stood in a 4th wave pandemic is a joke. The polls showed it with the worst turn our since 2008.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post

I think it's time for reform. As a side note Ray Taylor and others made this point already. This election being called now during a pandemic was in no shape in the best interests of the Canadian people. I don't care if it was liberals or Conservatives that are in power. There job is to represent us the peoples best interest. Trying to gauge where people stood in a 4th wave pandemic is a joke. The polls showed it with the worst turn our since 2008.
    To be fair the 4th wave was not really occurring when Trudeau called this election (Aug.15th). Hell, the conservatives out west were giving high fives all the way around on August 15th, claiming the pandemic was over and that it was time to stop Covid testing and contract tracing. So to infer Trudeau called the election knowing that we were about to experience a huge increase in Covid cases, though it made for a great campaign ad, is a bit disingenuous.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    To be fair the 4th wave was not really occurring when Trudeau called this election (Aug.15th). Hell, the conservatives out west were giving high fives all the way around on August 15th, claiming the pandemic was over and that it was time to stop Covid testing and contract tracing. So to infer Trudeau called the election knowing that we were about to experience a huge increase in Covid cases, though it made for a great campaign ad, is a bit disingenuous.
    It was beginning to occur and showing strong signs in the modeling that it was going to get worse. Regardless Covid was far from over and the PM called an election during a pandemic. It's hard to argue that was in anyone's best interest aside from his and the parties.

Dobber Sports Pro

The biggest headache coming out of this election is that the PPC has gained a bigger following. Most of Canada's deplorables have found a political home.

Dobber Sports Pro

This was pure Jason Kenney and the UCP, every average citizen half paying attention to trends knew that the pandemic was far from over. I don't still don't let the Liberals off the hook for calling this election due to Covid not being 'resolved'

Dobber Sports All-Star

It was beginning to occur and showing strong signs in the modeling that it was going to get worse. Regardless Covid was far from over and the PM called an election during a pandemic. It's hard to argue that was in anyone's best interest aside from his and the parties.
    Fair enough. Not sure about the modelling, as again Alberta's modelling told them the pandemic was over, but to the rest I agree wholeheartedly. Said the same thing myself when the moron called the election. Calling the election when he did was pure political strategy. Hard to argue he was thinking of Canadians as a whole, unless perhaps you took the long view. The long view being that if he waited the Liberal party would lose an election to the Conservatives thus allowing them to implement their policy for however many years to come.

How bad would that be for Canadians? Not sure. Obviously many would argue the Conservative agenda would be fantastic.

At any rate, that's the only somewhat, non politically selfish reason I can think of.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    This was pure Jason Kenney and the UCP, every average citizen half paying attention to trends knew that the pandemic was far from over. I don't still don't let the Liberals off the hook for calling this election due to Covid not being 'resolved'
    So 2 years from now when Covid is still around, this will be a mute point.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    So 2 years from now when Covid is still around, this will be a mute point.
    Moot; not mute.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Fair enough. Not sure about the modelling, as again Alberta's modelling told them the pandemic was over, but to the rest I agree wholeheartedly. Said the same thing myself when the moron called the election. Calling the election when he did was pure political strategy. Hard to argue he was thinking of Canadians as a whole, unless perhaps you took the long view. The long view being that if he waited the Liberal party would lose an election to the Conservatives thus allowing them to implement their policy for however many years to come.

How bad would that be for Canadians? Not sure. Obviously many would argue the Conservative agenda would be fantastic.

At any rate, that's the only somewhat, non politically selfish reason I can think of.
    I agree . I think the biggest take away no matter if your left or right, is that we as people in general are letting our elected officials off the hook. They have done such a good job splitting us apart that we don't care what they mess up on, as long as they are part of "our" team.

Dobber Sports Deity

I agree . I think the biggest take away no matter if your left or right, is that we as people in general are letting our elected officials off the hook. They have done such a good job splitting us apart that we don't care what they mess up on, as long as they are part of "our" team.
    That comes back to voting for the party and not holding members of parliament accountable.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Moot; not mute.
    .... Silence! I keel you!

That one is a too common mistake for me.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    .... Silence! I keel you!

That one is a too common mistake for me.
    Kill; not keel

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Kill; not keel
    Intended

silence-i-keel-you.jpg

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    This election has proven the dumbest people in Canada live in the Toronto area.

-They don't know their hockey
    -They re-elect the biggest idiot PM Canada has ever seen.

Sorry not sorry
    Where in Toronto do you live?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Stifler View Post
    This election has proven the dumbest people in Canada live in the Toronto area.

-They don't know their hockey
    -They re-elect the biggest idiot PM Canada has ever seen.

Sorry not sorry

I didnt realize one city determined the winners and losers in Canadian politics.