Thread: How many D are too many D?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default How many D are too many D?

On a roster of 25 (4 D, 2 Util) with the scoring in settings, how many defensemen are too many? I have Adam Fox, Shea Theodore, Darnell Nurse, Alex Pietrangelo, Thomas Chabot, Devon Toews, and Jacob Trouba (I also have Seider and Sandin in the minors and can be called up). Should I be trading one of these for a forward or goalie, or is 7 a good number? If I should trade one, who should be the one I trade in regards to the amount I get in trade return vs. age and the cost to my roster?
    League Settings:
    12 Team - Full Dynasty
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G
    G, A, Pts, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hit, BLK, SV, S%, SHO

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: How many D are too many D?

Quote Originally Posted by Dynastydog17 View Post
    On a roster of 25 (4 D, 2 Util) with the scoring in settings, how many defensemen are too many? I have Adam Fox, Shea Theodore, Darnell Nurse, Alex Pietrangelo, Thomas Chabot, Devon Toews, and Jacob Trouba (I also have Seider and Sandin in the minors and can be called up). Should I be trading one of these for a forward or goalie, or is 7 a good number? If I should trade one, who should be the one I trade in regards to the amount I get in trade return vs. age and the cost to my roster?
    Your team isn't showing up in your signature; see if you can make it visible

Dobber Sports Rookie

Should show up now.
    League Settings:
    12 Team - Full Dynasty
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2Util, 2G
    G, A, Pts, PIM, PPP, SOG, Hit, BLK, SV, S%, SHO

Dobber Sports Grand Master

It depends on how many you start and how often you can change them, roster limits ( which you gave) and IR spots.

I tend to run a bit D-heavy in dynasty leagues myself, and most of those are multi-cat. The league in sig I'm also D-heavy, even though it's points only, but I hate dropping good D there as well.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.