Thread: Blowing up my Keeper league team: 2019=2020 was horrible! Draft advice needed

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Blowing up my Keeper league team: 2019=2020 was horrible! Draft advice needed

Last year my keeper team failed me. I have been in 2nd or 3rd for the last 7 years and had one 1st place finish.

To review:
    My previous roster of 6 keepers

Kucherov missed the regulas season.
    Eichel is in Buffalo and the wheels have came off. I can not see building a team that competes this year around Eichel.
    Laine got Torted last year but was a fringe keeper last year, and at this point, not a keeper.
    E Kane who knows what is going on with him. I do not want to keep him and him miss multiple weeks,etc.
    Matthew Tkachuk is ok in my format (bangers league) but Calgary is a mixed bag right now.
    HelleBuyck was good and solid goalie in my league, obviously.

So at this point I have blown up my roster and only saved 2 players.

Kucherov and Hellebuyck

We keep 6 players and are about to start our slow draft. I have 4 picks in a row to finish the keeper section of our league and will draft 3rd in round 7 (1st round of the re-draft.) I obviously have some choices here and wanted to see what the group thinks. I am going into this with the intention to play for a win now mode first and looking to maybe find future keepers too who will peak/breakout 1-2 years. The league is mostly a win now league where prospects are not often keepers also.

My question now is where would you target a second goalie and who. I normally target value picks/tandems in later rounds but I basically have the ability to shape the draft with my picks early.

G Stats:

Wins
    Shutouts
    GAA
    SV%

33% of our stats come from our Goalies. We roster 2 but clearly no 2 goalies will reach the 164 games played threshold. How many goalies would you roster and how much of my early draft equity should I spend on a second starter. I feel like I should just take Kuemper (Av's have a good off night schedule, a solid team and Kuemper has been amazing in the past), then take 3 wingers , finally and take one of the NYI G off the board with my 3rd pick in the 7th (maybe forcing others to stay away as the tandem is split up already)

Another option is Kuemper and then Markstrom as a value pick later.

Goalies that are off the board already:

Vas
    Lehner
    Shesterkin
    Saros

Goalie targets?

Kuemper
    NYI tandem
    Jarry

Middle of the pack?
    Price
    Fluery
    Demco
    Grubauer
    Ullmark
    Markstrom

What would you guys do as far as Goalies go?
    10 Team Yahoo Roto Keeper:Keep 6 each year
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 2G, 5BN

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Keepers in Bold:

RW: Kucherov
    G: Helly

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Blowing up my Keeper league team: 2019=2020 was horrible! Draft advice needed

Looking at your list the two goalies that stand out to me for a win now team would be Kuemper and Ullmark. Lots of good options but those are the two I would be targeting. Both have strong teams in front of them, should get the majority of the starts (as long as they avoid injuries), and should produce solid numbers and consistent wins. Cheers and good luck!
    32 Team Salary Cap Dynasty - Fantrax
    Start: 12F, 6D, 2G - Scoring: G/A 1, SOG/Hit/Blk 0.1, W/SHO 1, SV 0.05

F:
    Bemstrom, Meier, Danault, Fantilli, Di Giuseppe, Greenway,
    Hischier, W. Johnston, P. Kane, Marchment,
    Palat, Seguin, Blackwell, Merela, Reaves.

D:
    Ceci, DeAngelo, Girard, Liljegren,
    N. Lundkvist, Walman, Schmidt, Emberson.

G: Sorokin, Quick, Kochetkov.

Minors: Arcuri, Misiak, Nesterenko, Perreault, Ponomayov,

T. Robertson, Simontaival, Soderblom, A. Thompson, Unger Sorum,
    S. Walker, J. Wise, Brunet, Hollowell, Honka, Mynio, Nause,
    Commesso, Hamrla, Portillo, Svedeback, Makiniemi.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: Blowing up my Keeper league team: 2019=2020 was horrible! Draft advice needed

1. Kuemper, for sure.
    (Do handcuff him with COL backup... in a round where you can. As soon as the first backup goes off the board, get the COL backup)

2. Ullmark - but, if you've got two picks close together... I'd go Ullmark/Swayman and get the 82gp from BOS.
    I think Swayman will be a better goalie than Ullmark. You could probably let Swayman slide a round or two... but you'll be kicking yourself if you don't get both and the starts get split 50/50 by November.

3. NY Tandem only if you've got two picks near each other and neither player has gone. I just don't love a hick pick for a 45/35 tandem split... and nobody knows which guy will get more starts... probably Varly, but ya never know.