Thread: Potential home run prospects in the last 3 draft

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Potential home run prospects in the last 3 draft

I've a draft in a deep multicat league incoming where all the nhl propsect from the 2021 draft are available, but also prospects from the 3 previous draft that haven't been picked, which for most are late 1st rounder, 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder and so on. Was just wondering if there is some late pick in the last 3 draft that could be a potential home run in the next years in the NHL (ex. Sebastian Aho in 2015 was a 2nd round pick). Thx in advance.
    League 1: 10 teams Points only (Best 9F, 4D and 1G count for the season and best 8 for the playoff). Drop 4 players before a 4 round draft before season. Mini draft during all star week-end (drop one pick one available).

F: MacKinnon, Pettersson, Eichel, Barkov, Stone, Ehlers, Necas, Huberdeau, Zacha, Boldy, , Lafreniere, Cozens, Vilardi
    D: Dobson, Ekblad, DeAngelo, Seider, Bouchard, Matheson, Clarke
    G: Vasilievski, Sorokin

League 2: 14 teams, same setting.

F: Rantanen, Kyrou, Barkov, Raymond, Perfetti, Jarvis, Lundell, Lafreniere, Byfield, Holtz, Norris, Reichel, Rossi
    D: Dahlin, McAvoy, Addison, Krug, Lundkvist, Clarke
    G: Sorokin, Demko

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Potential home run prospects in the last 3 draft

There's probably quite a few options but without knowing who is available I'm afraid I could get carpal tunnel typing all the names out. I mean 4 draft years times 3 rounds each is alot of players.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hoglander, Marchenko, Perunovich,
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

D.Jaskin
    "Recently Acquired Last Place Team"
    15 Teams H2H Dynasty, 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 6D, 2 Sktr, 2G, 11Bench ... 30 Minors

Skaters: G/A/PIM/SoG/STP/H/B/
    Goalies: W/GAA/SV%/SHO

C: R.Thomas, M.Frost, A.Lundell
    LW: S.Jarvis, Chinakhov, A.Holtz
    RW: A.Lafreniere, K.Marchenko, B.Brink
    D: Z.Werenski , B.Byram, J.Sanderson, J.J.Moser, B.Schneider, E.Zamula
    G: L.Dostal, J.Hofer, I.Prosvetov

Bench: J.Greenway, C.Glass, P.Suter, B.Wheeler, P.Holmberg, J.Drury, K.Hayes, M.Domi, T.DeAngelo, C.Timmins, M.Pospisil

Picks 2024: 4/1st's , 2/2nd's , 4/3rds
    2025: 3/1st's, 3/3rd's

Indeed it is a lot of players. I was just wondering if there was some obvious names that stand out.
    League 1: 10 teams Points only (Best 9F, 4D and 1G count for the season and best 8 for the playoff). Drop 4 players before a 4 round draft before season. Mini draft during all star week-end (drop one pick one available).

F: MacKinnon, Pettersson, Eichel, Barkov, Stone, Ehlers, Necas, Huberdeau, Zacha, Boldy, , Lafreniere, Cozens, Vilardi

F: Rantanen, Kyrou, Barkov, Raymond, Perfetti, Jarvis, Lundell, Lafreniere, Byfield, Holtz, Norris, Reichel, Rossi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I mean... we aren't mindreaders.
    You should really sort the available previous prospects and list them - by... most % owned.
    That's usually the best way to do it.

Generally, in most leagues, this year's picks... to about 10 spots beyond last year's typical owns... is where you draft to before you start looking at previous years.

For example:
    If your league generally drafts the top 30 guys in an entry draft... and keeps maybe the top 20 guys in an entry draft...
    Then this year you'll see the same, the top 30 guys (first round) should go first... and after that 30... you consider the "unowned" players from previous drafts.

Ok so let say potential home run in the 2nd round and above in the last 3 draft

Dobber Sports Demi-God

2020 #38 Thomas Bordeleau has nice upside to this point, especially with SJ a bit starved for young talent.
    2020 #56 Tristen Robins... ditto. I own him, like him... but scouts/fantasy folk will want to see some scoring at AHL level first.

2019 #32 Shane Pinto. Everything I read sounds like he's going to be a 2nd liner for OTT very soon.
    2019 #33 Arthur Kaliyev. Sort of ditto in LA.
    2019 #40 Nils Hoglander. VAN people really like his hands. (I can't say I've been wowed by him yet)
    2019 #53 Nicholas Robertson-TOR. I'd say this is the main one. Though - this is where you'll say "Oh, we have a Toronto fan that already owns him." (But if he's unowned, he's regarded as a 10th-ish overall draft prospect based on what he's done since draft.)

2018 #33 Jonatan Berggren. I think he'll end up being a very solid 2nd liner for DET. He's been playing at Red Wing rookie camp with Lucas Raymond and they've looked good. (can't remember the C that's centering them)
    2018 #45 Scott Perunovich-STL. Many think he'll make STL this year or next and run the PP2.
    2018 #49 Kirill Marchenko. If you can stash/wait another year... this CBJ prospect could be a great homerun pick for another talent starved club. Especially potential future 1st line with Kent Johnson.
    2018 #53 Calen Addison-MIN. Many think he may end up running the MIN-PP1... which could be a lot of points if MIN rounds out a full PP1 with Kaprizov, Fiala, Rossi, Boldy. Could be a HUGE producting future NHL PP1.

1. Robertson
    2. Marchenko
    These would be my first two to target.
    If you want D, Addison, then Perunovich.

Dobber Sports Expert

My first thought was Kirill Marchenko as well but I put off saying it since he was 4 drafts ago. There's a better than decent chance he leaves the KHL after this season and plays for Columbus next year. Heaps of talent in him, I'm hopeful he's able to put it together when he comes to the NHL.

Great list, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    2020 #38 Thomas Bordeleau has nice upside to this point, especially with SJ a bit starved for young talent.
    2020 #56 Tristen Robins... ditto. I own him, like him... but scouts/fantasy folk will want to see some scoring at AHL level first.

2019 #32 Shane Pinto. Everything I read sounds like he's going to be a 2nd liner for OTT very soon.
    2019 #33 Arthur Kaliyev. Sort of ditto in LA.
    2019 #40 Nils Hoglander. VAN people really like his hands. (I can't say I've been wowed by him yet)
    2019 #53 Nicholas Robertson-TOR. I'd say this is the main one. Though - this is where you'll say "Oh, we have a Toronto fan that already owns him." (But if he's unowned, he's regarded as a 10th-ish overall draft prospect based on what he's done since draft.)

2018 #33 Jonatan Berggren. I think he'll end up being a very solid 2nd liner for DET. He's been playing at Red Wing rookie camp with Lucas Raymond and they've looked good. (can't remember the C that's centering them)
    2018 #45 Scott Perunovich-STL. Many think he'll make STL this year or next and run the PP2.
    2018 #49 Kirill Marchenko. If you can stash/wait another year... this CBJ prospect could be a great homerun pick for another talent starved club. Especially potential future 1st line with Kent Johnson.
    2018 #53 Calen Addison-MIN. Many think he may end up running the MIN-PP1... which could be a lot of points if MIN rounds out a full PP1 with Kaprizov, Fiala, Rossi, Boldy. Could be a HUGE producting future NHL PP1.

1. Robertson
    2. Marchenko
    These would be my first two to target.
    If you want D, Addison, then Perunovich.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by marc1pol2 View Post
    I've a draft in a deep multicat league incoming where all the nhl propsect from the 2021 draft are available, but also prospects from the 3 previous draft that haven't been picked, which for most are late 1st rounder, 2nd rounder and 3rd rounder and so on. Was just wondering if there is some late pick in the last 3 draft that could be a potential home run in the next years in the NHL (ex. Sebastian Aho in 2015 was a 2nd round pick). Thx in advance.
    Does Nils Lundkvist count? And what exactly is late? I guess A. Lundell at pick 12 or wherever wasnt late? Heh, if Lundell available, draft him.

Previous Drafts:
    P. Tomasino (Preds future), Nicholas Robertson (Leafs future), C. McMichael (Caps future) , J. Neighbours (Improved a ton) , j. Pelletier (Little guy big stick), S. Mukhamadullin (So underrated Huge ceiling), Y. Chinakhov (Dont sleep on him), C. Zary, J. Perreault, B. Schneider (Only untouchable Rangers D prospect), JJ Peterka (!), N. Gunler, Y. Kuznetsov, J. Blomqvist, E. Afanasyev (high ceiling), S. Fagemo, A. Kaliyev (Amazing), Y. Sokolov, J. Finley, B. Faber, M. Norlinder (Habs future PP1), N. Foote (Legit PP sniper), N. Alexandrov, H. Jones, B. Brink, S. Pinto (!), N. Hoglander (!), N. Legare, Zac Jones (Adam Fox comparisons), P. Dorofeyev (!), V. Gavrikov, D. Mercer (Might be better than Holtz), M. Robertson, Adam Beckman (Top 6 winger), D. Samorukov, Calen Addison (Real Deal D), A. Khovanov,

Just off the top of my head.

And this 2021 draft, a lot of good players fell to the 2nd and 3rd. Raty (Isles love him), Pinelli (Unfortunately buried at LAK C), Ryder Korczac (Brayden Point comparisons), Broz etc..
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Wow, awesome list. Thank you very much for this!
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Does Nils Lundkvist count? And what exactly is late? I guess A. Lundell at pick 12 or wherever wasnt late? Heh, if Lundell available, draft him.

Previous Drafts:
    P. Tomasino (Preds future), Nicholas Robertson (Leafs future), C. McMichael (Caps future) , J. Neighbours (Improved a ton) , j. Pelletier (Little guy big stick), S. Mukhamadullin (So underrated Huge ceiling), Y. Chinakhov (Dont sleep on him), C. Zary, J. Perreault, B. Schneider (Only untouchable Rangers D prospect), JJ Peterka (!), N. Gunler, Y. Kuznetsov, J. Blomqvist, E. Afanasyev (high ceiling), S. Fagemo, A. Kaliyev (Amazing), Y. Sokolov, J. Finley, B. Faber, M. Norlinder (Habs future PP1), N. Foote (Legit PP sniper), N. Alexandrov, H. Jones, B. Brink, S. Pinto (!), N. Hoglander (!), N. Legare, Zac Jones (Adam Fox comparisons), P. Dorofeyev (!), V. Gavrikov, D. Mercer (Might be better than Holtz), M. Robertson, Adam Beckman (Top 6 winger), D. Samorukov, Calen Addison (Real Deal D), A. Khovanov,

Just off the top of my head.

And this 2021 draft, a lot of good players fell to the 2nd and 3rd. Raty (Isles love him), Pinelli (Unfortunately buried at LAK C), Ryder Korczac (Brayden Point comparisons), Broz etc..

The Great One

Jack Dugan!

Dobber Sports Genius

Tyler Boucher, Ridly Greig, Egor Sokolov, Wade Allison, Benoit-Olivier Groulx
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala