Thread: [Signing] Nolan Patrick with Vegas

Dobber Sports Genius

Default [Signing] Nolan Patrick with Vegas

Signed 2 years at 1.2M per
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: [Signing] Nolan Patrick with Vegas

Nice signing with little commitment/money on the part of Vegas. Could pay off handsomely for the team with little downside.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

This could be a great signing. If he clicks with Pacioretty and Stone... he could be a much more exciting #1 center than Stephenson.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    This could be a great signing. If he clicks with Pacioretty and Stone... he could be a much more exciting #1 center than Stephenson.
    Do we really think he gets that kind of opportunity early in the season or straight out of camp? I believe him to be more of a bottom 6 center for them right now.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Do we really think he gets that kind of opportunity early in the season or straight out of camp? I believe him to be more of a bottom 6 center for them right now.
    I agree... I think that Vegas will be conservative and keep Stephenson in the top roll.

But if the scoring goes cold I could definitely see them giving Krebs or Patrick a shot to try getting some offense rolling.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Whats the downside of giving him a shot for 4-5 games? I think they will definitely want him to succeed. He wont do that unless he's given a chance. He'll need to give them a reason to have a shot early, but he'll get that 4-5 game shot this year.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I think Stephenson is losing that job to Eichel and Eichel only. This is going back a ways, but he reminds me of Brendan Morrison, between Todd Bertuzzi and Markus Naslund where the wingers get most of the credit, and points, but the center is the unsung hero. And Stephenson was starting to really click as the season wore on, with 15 points in his last 18 games and lots more ice time, including on the PP. And he scored at a 56 point pace overall despite, as a center, a 52.2% IPP and 38.1% secondary assists rate, which are unsustainably low, even alongside Stone and Patches.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Wizard

i dont think Patrick starts on first line or even second but their C depth just is not there so if he can play well who know later on in the season...but i dont think he is in situation where he is handed a job..he will need to earn every minute he plays
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Stephenson is getting the job done at C1. I think he'll stick.
    That said, there's nothing wrong with the potential in Patrick's game.
    There have been a LOT of players over the year that just get stuck-in-mud by their role on their draft team.
    Sam Bennett being the most recent example.

Nolan Patrick has upside. I don't think he's a C1 this year, but there's nothing that suggests he can't be better than Chandler Stephenson.
    Though... Peyton Krebs is coming soon enough... and I think that's the future C1 for VGK.