Thread: Jack Eichel trade

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Jack Eichel trade

I was just offered this big trade:

Sean Couturier/Joel Farabee/2023 1st

for

Jack Eichel

Almost identical settings as the league in my signature but different kind of draft. We all drafted 3 NHL teams (10 man league) and I ended up with the Oilers, Canucks, and Flames. I made a few trades and this is where I am at now:

c- McDavid
    c- Draisaitl
    c- Eichel Pettersson
    c- J. Hughes
    w- JT Miller
    w- Gaudreau
    w- S. Bennett
    w- M. Tkachuk
    w- Necas
    w- Lindholm
    w- Puljujarvi
    w- Mangiapane
    skt- Horvat
    d- Nurse
    d- Barrie
    d- Provorov
    d- Giordano
    d- Slavin
    d- R. Andersson
    be- Dube
    be- Donato
    be- T. Myers
    be- Ferraro
    be- Valimaki

g- Demko
    g- Markstrom
    be- Hart
    be- Sorokin
    be- Swayman

Farm system - Bordeleau, Bourque, Dellandrea, Damiani, Dugan, R. Lavoie, Pelletier, Chinakhov, Holloway, Martino, Podkolzin, Robertsson, Bouchard, Rathbone, Wilde, Sillinger, Vladar, Wolf, Skinner, Konovalov

is it worth losing the trio of McDavid/Draisaitl/Eichel? I could also move Eichel for top defenseman since I am weak in that department. But this is the best offer I have received.
    10 Team Dynasty

Forward scoring in sig pic (D premium - G +1, A +1)

Min eligibility - 164 GP skt, 82 GP g

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Ek, Nelson
    , D Strome, Hayton, Novak
    RW Kempe, Verhaege, Batherson, Buchnevich, Tippett, Barbashev, Seguin

LW B Tkachuck, Forsberg, DeBrusk, Rakell, Jeannot, McCann
    D Seider, Ekblad, Doughty, Nurse, Dobson, Weegar, Pionk, Sergachev, Roy, Forsling
    G Oettinger, Sorokin, Lindgren, Daccord
    MIN Zetterlund, But, Cuylle, Nikishin, Mukhamadullin, Morrow, Bonk, Simashev, B
    Clarke, Nadeau, Afanasyev

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Jack Eichel trade

Youre a Flyers homer so the OGM is targeting your bias.
    In this case though it looks like good value. You get a Selke winner to replace Eichel. Farabee is a nice young player. Curious where this 1st rounder is likely to fall.
    It would be pretty easy to trade for a D with the return you are getting here.
    Eichel hasnt produced the way you expect a Holy Trinity type of player to perform. (I have McD, Drai, Matthews)
    EP40 could be better than Eichel. Most players will be better than Eichel this year given his injury status.
    I recommend moving on from Eichel if you get the value you like.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    Youre a Flyers homer so the OGM is targeting your bias.
    In this case though it looks like good value. You get a Selke winner to replace Eichel. Farabee is a nice young player. Curious where this 1st rounder is likely to fall.
    It would be pretty easy to trade for a D with the return you are getting here.
    Eichel hasnt produced the way you expect a Holy Trinity type of player to perform. (I have McD, Drai, Matthews)
    EP40 could be better than Eichel. Most players will be better than Eichel this year given his injury status.
    I recommend moving on from Eichel if you get the value you like.
    Agree entirely. Eichel COULD bounce back and be a top15 player again, OR he could get hit again after whichever surgery he finally has, and never the same player. I think that return is very good (even the Sabres would do that!), and you get actual hockey players THIS year, plus the future.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Ace

If you are the one giving up Eichel, I would do that in a heartbeat. Like right now before he comes to his senses. There's no way I would pay that much for Eichel right now in pretty much any league I am in. And in keeper/dynasty, its not like you can just drop him. So teams will be stuck holding on to him without any clue what's going to happen in his future.

So yea, TAKE that trade and run. And if this guy is SO big on Eichel, I would milk it for everything it's worth. I would see if he would even add something else, depending on how negotiations have been. Maybe like a decent young prospect, or a 2nd round pick or something. Take advantage of his name and reputation value now for anyone who is still stuck on those things from when he was a younger, more promising player.

Even before this neck thing, he has only played more than 68 games 2 times in 6 years. No playoff appearances. I think he's overrated in many ways even when healthy. More so overrated in NHL terms than fantasy terms, but those NHL terms effect fantasy to an extent.

But if he won't add a little something more, just take that package and run and celebrate that you won't have to deal with this ongoing saga which shows no sign of ending any time soon.

Cutourier is terrific. Farabee is turning into a BOSS. He's one of my favorite young players right now and I'm a Ranger fan. And the 1st, well, those are always good. I see why he gave a 2023 first, because Eichel certainly won't be helping him win this year. Maybe he would include a 2022 2nd also or something?

PS: I don't want Eichel anywhere near the Rangers. He's just about the last player I would want on this Ranger team. And I don't think NHL teams feel much different right now.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

The Great One

Definite no from me on that one. Those two players aren’t a huge improvement for you at any position. Stick Eichel on IR and see what happens. His value can’t get much lower than it is right now.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd be willing to do it, but I'm unsure how the 3 forwards compare directly in things like takeaways. If you want a D, get an offer that a has a D included.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

Im getting the same feeling when Crosby got concussed. He was to be had for cheap from guys selling low. This is what I would call this trade... selling low. Eichel is only 24. Just chill, wait and see. He's offering you O&B players to play into your bias. In the end, you would be trading one 70 point player, one potentially 70 point player and a pick for Jack Eichel. If its me, I hold. The Flyers are not gonna be offensively dynamic for a while (if ever)

signed,

Flyer Fan of 35 years

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm kind of surprised by the majority going for this deal here. To me it screams of a classic deal where you're being offered multiple pieces but losing the best player in the deal which I always dislike being offered.

Atomic Wedgy put it best, yes he's a band-aid boy but when Eichel has been playing he's steadily been upping his pts/g and he's still young. Couturier and Farabee will almost definitely never match his point pace.

I vote hold, wait and see how the dominoes fall this season.
    Keep 3 League, 14 team H2H, Roster: 6F, 4D, 4BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, PIM, HITS, BLKS, W, GAA, SA, SV%
    F: Matthews, Pastrnak, Hughes, Pettersson, Guentzel, Meier, Hyman, Streamer
    D: Dahlin, Carlson, Trouba, Gudas, Larsson
    G: Oettinger, Talbot, Swayman

One Year League, 10 Team H2H, Roster: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, W, F, 4D, UTIL, 5BN, 2G
    Cats: G, A, PPP, SHP, SOG, SH%, PIM, HITS, BLKS W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C: McDavid, Thomas, Rossi
    LW: Guentzel, McTavish, Byfield, Huberdeau
    RW: Miller, Barzal, Zuccarello, Schmaltz, Tarasenko
    D: Josi, Seider, Trouba, Gudas, L. Hughes
    G: Oettinger, Demko
    IR: Hamilton

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by skinnypete88 View Post
    I'm kind of surprised by the majority going for this deal here. To me it screams of a classic deal where you're being offered multiple pieces but losing the best player in the deal which I always dislike being offered.

Atomic Wedgy put it best, yes he's a band-aid boy but when Eichel has been playing he's steadily been upping his pts/g and he's still young. Couturier and Farabee will almost definitely never match his point pace.

I vote hold, wait and see how the dominoes fall this season.
    This.

You're giving up the best player in the trade AND you'll have to drop someone to make room.
    SalaryKeeper ROTO-Add/Drops/Trades require IRL $
    12 Teams - 32 Player Roster -20 Active - Min 5D to Max 7D - Min 11F to Max 13F
    16 Keepers (G=2 Keeper spots)
    83.5M Weekly AAV - Bench does not count towards salary cap

F/D: G, A, PPA, PPG, +/-, Hits, BLKS, Shifts (0.5), TOI (0.5), PEN
    G: GAA, Saves, SPCT, TOI, Wins, SO, OTL (0.5)

Roster
    F: MacKinnon, JT Miller, Kaprizov,
    E.Kane, Caufield, Eichel, Batherson, Malkin, Dach
    Kempe, Greig, Tolvanen, Zary, P.Kane, Foegele, Dowd

D: Theodore, Chychrun, Drysdale, McAvoy, Matheson, Okhotiuk, M. Roy, Fehervary, Perbix, Martinez, M. Anderson

G: Thompson, Vanecek, UPL, Lyon, Binnington

Dobber Sports Veteran

[QUOTE=skinnypete88;2153002]I'm kind of surprised by the majority going for this deal here. To me it screams of a classic deal where you're being offered multiple pieces but losing the best player in the deal which I always dislike being offered.

^
    I second this as well.
    I checked on the availability of Eichel in our league prior to locking in our keepers. I would have easily given up what you’re being offered to obtain Eichel. No such luck on my part. The Eichel owner was willing to accept (healthy Eichel value) or hold and see what happens.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett, Couturier, Zacha
    LW: Draisaitl-C, Stutzle-C, Kaprizov, E.Kane
    RW: Marner I/R,T.Thompson-C, Necas-C, Nichushkin
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Gudas, Romanov, KA Miller
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson, Woll, Allen
    4 weekly minimum start’s required
    I/R: Sergachev

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White