Thread: Tough situation in my league as Commish

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Tough situation in my league as Commish

Tough Situation As Commish

Hi all,

I’m in a good league. What I consider good at least, lots of trash talk and active GM’s. We had an issue with my co-commish last year and I removed him from his role and replaced him internally. Figuring as a man, he’d get over his bitterness over the summer, he’s returned and I can see he will still be negative all year on our league and WhatsApp group chat.

We have a strong constitution and I’d love to boot him right now, but I can’t until he hasn’t paid his entry fee by Day 5 of our 10-day trade pre-season trade window. That will be on September 25th. He will either pay at the very last second, or not pay to see what the league does.

Other issue, he could have the worst fantasy team I’ve ever seen. Does anyone want his team? The league is not that difficult. My team is in my signature. It’s a $50 entry fee. A good GM with our rules could easily create a competitive team within a year. I’ve got 3 legit keepers (in most peoples eyes I assume), other top teams the same. Lots of options for quick adds to your team.

I don’t know if I’m venting, looking for suggestions or looking for a new owner…

Can someone weigh in on anything I’ve said?

Thanks.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Tough situation in my league as Commish

sounds a bit fishy....
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    sounds a bit fishy....

Ok. How so? Not sure I understand but maybe I didn’t type enough. Just looking for suggestions on how to handle a negative-nancy that is trying to bring the pool down with constant negativity.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Administrator

If you can't boot a person causing trouble then your "constitution" needs work.

Long-term leagues need a strong commissioner who can make tough decisions before it does damage to the rest of the league.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    If you can't boot a person causing trouble then your "constitution" needs work.

Long-term leagues need a strong commissioner who can make tough decisions before it does damage to the rest of the league.
    Agree with this. Also, we have had a situation where an owner left in one of my leagues and the commish just ran the team for that year. Rather than try to sell a new person on a crappy team he just did what he could to improve the team because it's in the best interest of the league to do so. I think there were two or 3 other long time GM's who served as a panel to vote on trades and acquisitions during that period just to make sure everything was on the level. They found another GM the following season and everyone is still going. I've been in it for 9 years, and it was going for 5-6 years before that.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by notch4077 View Post
    Ok. How so? Not sure I understand but maybe I didn’t type enough. Just looking for suggestions on how to handle a negative-nancy that is trying to bring the pool down with constant negativity.
    i think thats what it is...not enough info... hope you dont take this wrong way but complain a bit without facts then asking for someone to take over what you call bad team...it just does not sound like..to be honest im not sure who is in the wrong here just based on what you posted...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i think thats what it is...not enough info... hope you dont take this wrong way but complain a bit without facts then asking for someone to take over what you call bad team...it just does not sound like..to be honest im not sure who is in the wrong here just based on what you posted...
    I can definitely see how "we had an issue", as vague as it is, would seem a little suspect. I'm not sure I'd be interested in hearing more though, at the end of the day we're still taking his word for it no matter how much info there is. What it comes down to, is only the OP knows what happened and what is right and wrong, so it's going to be up to him as the commish to make it right if it went wrong.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports All-Star

Yeah, sounds like you may have to move on from this owner. Hopefully he just doesn't pay his entry fee by the deadline and bipitty boppity bo. Problem solved.

If he does stick around just to create mischief you are just going to have to replace him. If his team is really so bad that you would not want anybody in good conscience to take it over, then you are left with three choices.

1. Drop his entire roster and amalgamate it into your current league. Drop to 11 teams.
    2. Take over the team yourself and try to make it stronger so that you can find another owner to take it over next season.
    3. Start a new league from scratch with a new draft with all the best team owners.

Gotta take make a strong decision. Gotta do what is best for everybody in your leauge.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Grand Master

There's definitely not enough info here to figure out if this issue stems from one side, the other side, or both sides. Somebody being negative is fine, as long as they're not ruining the experience for others. I'd recommend making a list of the various options you get here as what needs to be done. If it was a free league, you'd be set, as finding somebody for a free league is a piece of cake relatively.

One issue I can see is that you had co-commissioners, and that structure works poorly in what I've seen both professionally and personally. Somebody needs to be in charge.

I think dropping to 11 teams and having a dummy team be the average score if you do head to head works, or using a play all every week format also works.

I'd bet that many of us have seen worse teams, but not necessarily in hockey. I saw a deep keeper football team where the 2 best keepers relative to position were team defense and kicker. It may not be as bad as you fear. If you want to reach out to a couple people not in the league via PM to get their assessment of the team, that may help you get some more ideas on how viable it is.

Good luck.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Easily solved by asking yourself one simple question: What would Roy Kent do?
    Sorted.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Master

I've seen gm's take over teams that are half decent in money leagues so you might be alright since the entry fee is reasonable .They might be more inclined to join if theres a keeper element that allows them to build faster than perhaps a dynasty team that needs work .

Regarding your issue with the gm . I guess it depends on how much conflict you can tolerate .