Thread: Starting Late - Keep 10

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Starting Late - Keep 10

12 team H2H Keep 10
    G, A, PPP, SOG, Hits
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

Moreso keep 6 since the top 4 are locks. I'm very much in rebuild mode so aside from the top 4 am looking for the best long term.

Crosby
    Ovie
    Kaprizov
    Guentzel

Jarry
    Ullmark
    Necas
    Krug
    Mantha
    Rossi
    Raymond
    Zadina
    Kravstov
    Cozens
    Frost
    Mittlestadt

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Starting Late - Keep 10

I can see going with Necas, Rossi, Raymond, Frost, and then Krug and Ullmark/Jarry. Can’t stand Jarry though really but I want at least one safe-ish goalie. Ullmark could be great in Boston if he can stay healthy.
    10 Team Dynasty

Forward scoring in sig pic (D premium - G +1, A +1)

Min eligibility - 164 GP skt, 82 GP g

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Ek, Nelson
    , D Strome, Hayton, Novak
    RW Kempe, Verhaege, Batherson, Buchnevich, Tippett, Barbashev, Seguin

LW B Tkachuck, Forsberg, DeBrusk, Rakell, Jeannot, McCann
    D Seider, Ekblad, Doughty, Nurse, Dobson, Weegar, Pionk, Sergachev, Roy, Forsling
    G Oettinger, Sorokin, Lindgren, Daccord
    MIN Zetterlund, But, Cuylle, Nikishin, Mukhamadullin, Morrow, Bonk, Simashev, B
    Clarke, Nadeau, Afanasyev

Dobber Sports Ace

If I am keeping 6 out of that group, in rebuild mode, it's going to almost certainly be Jarry, Necas, Rossi, Raymond, Cozens and probably Krug, whom I would try to trade this year. Unless you think one of those other players will be more valuable in your league and get you a better trade return than Krug, then I would keep that player and try to trade them.

Zadina looks like he will be an ok player, but nothing special. I just don't like what I've seen from him over the past 2 seasons. Definitely not what people had hoped for offensively, at least he hasn't shown anything IMO.
    Mantha has stagnated for years, even on the Caps, I don't think he's got a very high ceiling. Especially without hits for fantasy.
    Frost and Middlestadt are both in the same boat for me. Until they prove otherwise, they are still just potential. And the more years that pass, the less potential I expect from them. I wouldn't quite say they are busts yet, but bordering on. I know people are still high on Frost, but I really don't see it personally.
    Swayman >>>>>>> Ullmark. Ullmark is not going to be as good as Swayman will. Swayman will be the future of the Bruins at goalie.
    Kravtsov is the one guy I would really consider keeping over Krug. If you don't think you can trade Krug for good value during the season if you kept him, then I might replace him with Kravtsov. I think Kravtsov has a high ceiling and a great future with the Rangers. But it might take a few years still as they are a pretty crowded team. Wouldn't be surprised if Kravtsov spent most of this season on the 3rd line and not getting a ton of PP minutes. But I really do like him long term. He may even have a higher offensive ceiling than Kakko. But I think it's most likely the Rangers future top 6 RWs are Kakko and Kravtsov in either order.

Please help with mine, thanks https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...ty-Keeper-Help
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd keep:

Necas - you have 5 locks, actually. No idea why he isn't among them.
    Ullmark and Jarry - having 2 G locked in who project to be the 1A for good teams is nice. These guys will have trade value before the season.
    Krug - also will have trade value, and keeping 0 D is likely bad.
    Rossi - high upside and pedigree
    One of Raymond/Cozens - I like these guys better than the rest. If you want to keep both, remove an option above that is not Necas/Rossi.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Jarry
    Ullmark
    Necas
    Krug
    Rossi
    Raymond

Try to move Ovie ASAP. This is the last year of value for him (and not NHL value or even significant fantasy value)... trade value. Since you have points hits and SOG, you can move him for a heavy return from a top 5 team in your league and they'd be stupid not to at least kick tires if they are in it to win it now.
    10 Team H2H Points (Keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G, & 1 non-goalie):
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPG, SHG, GWG, OTG, FOWs, Hits, Blks, Maj, Mis, (bonus scoring for D-men makes them comparable to Wing)
    Wins, Saves, GA, Shutouts

18 Man Roster (3 IR slots) Daily Start: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G

C: Zibanejad, Thomas, Tavares
    W: Stutzle, Robertson, Connor, Buchnevich, McCann
    D: Makar, McAvoy, Josi, Theodore, Matheson, Harley
    G: Georgiev, Binnington, Kochetkov, Andersen (IR)

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny View Post
    Jarry
    Ullmark
    Necas
    Krug
    Rossi
    Raymond

Try to move Ovie ASAP. This is the last year of value for him (and not NHL value or even significant fantasy value)... trade value. Since you have points hits and SOG, you can move him for a heavy return from a top 5 team in your league and they'd be stupid not to at least kick tires if they are in it to win it now.
    Very much agree with moving Ovi.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Very much agree with moving Ovi.
    Yep I've been attempting it. Just haven't found good value yet.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I definitely want a goalie from that list, and I lean Ullmark over Jarry, if I am only keeping one. Jarry, to me, is an average goalie on a good team. But Ullmark put up impressive results, when healthy, on a terrible team in Buffalo. If he stays healthy, he could be one of the best fantasy goalies in hockey playing for the Bruins. Having said that, it may be worth keeping both goalies. As both could potentially have significant trade value to a contending team at the deadline.

After that, I am keeping Krug, Necas, and Rossi for sure. Krug may not be a "long term" option for a rebuilding fantasy team, but I expect him to bounce back, and think he will likely become a valuable trade chip.

Then for the last 1-2 spots (depending on what you do with the goalies), I am choosing between Raymond, Zadina, and Frost. With Raymond likely my first choice long term.
    12 Teams, 23 Players (max 3 goalies), H2H, Keep 15 (max 2 goalies)
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 2F, 1U, 4D, 2G, 8 Bench, 2 IR+
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, HIT, BLK, W, SV, SV%, SHO

Keepers:
    C - Matthews, Eichel, Hughes (LW), Pettersson
    LW - Kaprizov, Svechnikov (RW), Guentzel, Fiala, Keller (RW)
    RW - Marner, Meier (LW), Laine(C/LW), Jarvis (C)
    D - Dahlin​, Sergachev, Theodore, Klingberg, Werenski, Peeke, Cernak
    G - Shesterkin, Sorokin, Merzlikins
    IR - Pacioretty, Ristolainen

2023 Draft Picks: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

**2021/22 League Champion**