Thread: NHL Hockey Schedule on ESPN+

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default NHL Hockey Schedule on ESPN+

For those in the US, there is no better TV deal then getting ESPN+/Disney+/Hulu for $15.
    But having hockey back this year on ESPN - yeah, buddy!

Here's a link to the schedule - currently listing 103 exclusive games including two on opening night, Oct 12:
    https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-r...ng-october-12/

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: NHL Hockey Schedule on ESPN+

I dislike it because Disney/ESPN has always been quick to remove UFC free streams, which means they're likely going to be quick at removing NHL free streams.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    For those in the US, there is no better TV deal then getting ESPN+/Disney+/Hulu for $15.

Here's a link to the schedule - currently listing 103 exclusive games including two on opening night, Oct 12:
    So does that mean blackouts in other areas? I saw that talked about yesterday.

Dobber Sports Ace

does that mean it's not available on NHL gamecenter?
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Sage

Hey Pengwin- can you DVR, start games after they have begun, and skip commercials on ESPN+?

After looking at the schedule, I need to see the details of the NHL Package that ESPN+ is going to offer. There are very few Canadian teams on the ESPN+ listing. It's mostly just the big American markets which I understand from ESPN's perspective but I want to watch the Leafs, Canucks, and Jets.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I do like that ESPN+ has an internal streaming function (at least, it does thru my Roku).
    So, I do start games from their bgginning even if they are 10min or 47min underway.

The knock - was last year, the games would "disappear" from the ESPN options if it was, maybe, in the final 30min of the game.
    So a 7pm game was available from 7pm-9pm... and then come 9:10pm or so... it disappears from their menu.
    Hopefully they fix that.

I mean, for me... this is more about price.
    I think straight-up ESPN+ is $7/mo... which is like $42 for six month regular season of hockey.
    That's far cheaper then other NHL offerings (CenterIce or GameCenter).

Personally - I'm just happy to watch ANY game.
    I really like NHL hockey THAT much... where if Buffalo vs. San Jose is on... I'm game & happy.
    I guess others are more picky and want they game they want.
    I actually like narrow options - it sort of divvies up me to watch a good variety of NHL.
    (FWIW - I think people that don't narrow in on one or two teams get a better grasp of general player value.)

And - ESPN should have some good personalities for their games this year given they have to show off a decent platform with their NHL-contract thru 2030.
    I expect good things.

ESPN+ actually had hockey available each of the past two years... but they were just using other feeds.
    They should have a tighter system this year, hopefully using platforms that they've had for other sports.

Dobber Sports Sage

I do like that ESPN+ has an internal streaming function (at least, it does thru my Roku).
    So, I do start games from their bgginning even if they are 10min or 47min underway.

The knock - was last year, the games would "disappear" from the ESPN options if it was, maybe, in the final 30min of the game.
    So a 7pm game was available from 7pm-9pm... and then come 9:10pm or so... it disappears from their menu.
    Hopefully they fix that.

I mean, for me... this is more about price.
    I think straight-up ESPN+ is $7/mo... which is like $42 for six month regular season of hockey.
    That's far cheaper then other NHL offerings (CenterIce or GameCenter).

Personally - I'm just happy to watch ANY game.
    I really like NHL hockey THAT much... where if Buffalo vs. San Jose is on... I'm game & happy.
    I guess others are more picky and want they game they want.
    I actually like narrow options - it sort of divvies up me to watch a good variety of NHL.
    (FWIW - I think people that don't narrow in on one or two teams get a better grasp of general player value.)

And - ESPN should have some good personalities for their games this year given they have to show off a decent platform with their NHL-contract thru 2030.
    I expect good things.

ESPN+ actually had hockey available each of the past two years... but they were just using other feeds.
    They should have a tighter system this year, hopefully using platforms that they've had for other sports.
    So after the game is over, it disappears? There is no watching the game the next game? This is one of the things I loved most about the NHL Center Ice. Most weekends I will watch an early game on Friday and Saturday night and then watch a late game in the morning especially during the playoffs. Most of the time when the Blackhawks had late starting playoff games, I would wake up at 4-5 in the morning and watch the games before going to work. I am really hoping that ESPN+ has the same type of service that the NHL Center Ice provided. I read that Disney provided the technology for the NHL Center Ice so it would seem to be easy for them to continue the service.

It is an interesting discussion about following 1 or 2 teams versus sampling the entire league. I definitely am a 1-2 team guy. Ever since I abandoned the Hawks a couple years ago and started getting Center Ice, I have focused primarily on the Leafs, Canucks, and Hurricanes during the regular season. They are exciting teams with elite young players and I have several of them on my fantasy squads. Then factor in the excellent coverage that the Athletic gives the Leafs and Canucks (not the Hurricanes sadly) and they have become the teams I am most interested in watching. I feel that watching the extended highlights on Youtube for other games gives me a good feel for the rest of the league.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov