Thread: Final Keeper Spots

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Final Keeper Spots

I won last year for a back to back championships. Would love to make it three. So I wanted to get some insight from the dobber community on my final keeper spots. I recently traded P.Kane straight up for Gibson. I know most here will think that is a horrible trade for me but this is a very deep league with weekly changes and starting goalies are a premium and ones that play a lot even on poor teams are extremely valuable.

The way our league works is if a player you leave unprotected gets picked in the draft you are allowed to protect one of your remaining unprotected players. So there is value in leaving players unprotected as for me the player I would be able to protect will be worth more than I could get if I trade them. Hope that makes sense.

It is for the league in the signature, however ignore the roster that was my old one about 4 years ago before I blew it up and rebuilt to what I will post here.

Scoring categories are the same in the signature except +/- is now worth 0.5 and goalie losses are worth -1. There are 15 teams.

I am thinking Bergeron would fill my last keeper or would Petry be better, as it was E. Kane but I can’t see how I can keep Kane with what is going on with him. Also I am considering cutting Lankinen for Petry however with the value of goalies I think I should keep him. Also is there any chance I cut Malkin?

My roster

1)S Crosby
    2)D. Larkin
    3)E. Malkin
    4)B Marchand
    5)M Marner
    6)M Pacioretty
    ]7)D Pastrnak
    8)M Scheifele
    ]9)J Eichel
    10)S. Theodore
    11)J. Carlson
    12)D. Hamilton
    13)M. Rielly (Tor)
    14)J. Gibson
    15)C. Hellebuyck
    16)K. Lankinen

I. Prosvetov (auto protected)

Best Next

P. Bergeron
    J. Petry
    E. Kane

The Rest

B. Holtby
    A. Rannta
    D. Strome
    J Eberle
    R Getzlaf
    C Kreider
    B. Burns
    M. Grzelcyk
    R. Suter
    Z. Chara

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Final Keeper Spots

Pssssst.....There's no signature.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Not sure why my signature didn’t post I had the box clicked. See if it posts here. I went to edit and there was no option
    Finished 2nd '09 , 3rd '10, 3rd '11, 2nd '12, 5th '13, 4th '14, 2nd '15
    16 Team Lifetime Keeper: Total Fantasy Points; Weekly Changes (Mon.) 32 Man Roster
    Dress 2 G, 6 D, 12 F

Keep 17 of 32 and Less Than 41gp Career Including Playoffs
    G=2, A=1, +/-=1, Pim=0.2
    W=4, L= -2, SO=5
    F= Parise, Marleau, Kopitar, Nichushkin ,Schwartz, Nyquist, Backes, Backstrom, Perry, Zetterberg, Thornton, Iginla, Lecavalier, Burrows, Goldobin, Jones, Petan, Virtanen, Vrana
    D= S. Weber, Gostisbehere, McDonagh, Miller, Enstrom, Girardi, Colaiacovo, Boyle, Carrick
    G= Lundqvist, Rinne
    , Tokarski

Dobber Sports Initiate

1st for me. Don't keep Lankinen. He is not going to get you lots of wins or shutouts.

Replace his spot with Bergeron. As he will out score Petry in goals, assists and +/-.

Before cutting Mlakin are you able to trade him?
    If you can trade, I personally would trade Morgan Rielly for a better scoring dman or picks and then you could keep Petry.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

IN: Bergeron, Petry
    OUT: Malkin, Lankinen

Dobber Sports Ace

Malkin looks to be headed to the LTIR. In which case, he actually might be cuttable at this stage of his career.

I completely disagree about Evander Kane. He's one of the best wingers in the league for fantasy but you don't have hits, so that does lower his value some. Depending on how he scores in your league though, I wouldn't let whats going on with the gambling nonsense be the deciding factor. He had the same problem last year and was the Sharks best player and had one of his best seasons. Plus the investigation into his gambling has seemed to have slowed down as its looking more and more like he never bet on the nhl or at least wont get caught. If he scores well in your league, like top 50 as he does in mine, I would absolutely keep him.

I agree, don't keep Lankinen. If you can trade Malkin, obviously don't drop him, but if he is going on LTIR and can't be traded, drop him too.

And then I would keep Kane and Petry if again, Kane scores well in that set up. Otherwise I would go with Bergeron and Petry. But Bergeron is getting up there, has some injury history and I think the Bruins are in for a down season. I genuinely don't think they will male the playoffs, as I think the Habs will finish 4th in that division. And Bergeron could have a down year statistically.

Please help with mine, thanks: https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...ty-Keeper-Help
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

The Great One

Fwiw I think raanta becomes the 1a starter on a strong canes team by the all star break...

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    Fwiw I think raanta becomes the 1a starter on a strong canes team by the all star break...
    I would agree if I thought he could stay healthy. I've always been a fan of his. But any time I've invested in him or gave him a run, he's ended up getting injured or disappointing. And he seriously could be terrific on that Canes team, and he probably is their most talented goalie right now. But his inability to stay healthy drives me nuts in fantasy. His last mostly healthy year was probably 17-18 season. Or I guess maybe 19-20 but was on the Yotes so he wasn't very good for fantasy. And prior to that, he never had more than 26 starts in a season. Had 46 that year and 32 in 19-20. Those are actually his ONLY 2 seasons with more than 26 GS. And he's 32. Players usually don't get less injury prone when they reach 32. Not to mention, he has good, not great, but still good backups behind him in Andersen and Lyon.

Kochetkov, probably the Canes goalie of the future, is at least 2-3 years away still, which is decent. But I just can't see Raanta getting substantially more starts than Andersen. If he does play well and stays healthy, they are going to want to rest him for the playoffs also, likely giving Andersen more starts. And I am pretty sure they will lock down a playoff spot pretty early. Even with the loss of Dougie and the silly, 1 year Kotka debacle. I seriously didn't understand why they offer sheet him. He's a nice young player, but definitely not worth the 6.5 and loss of a 1st and 3rd round pick. Habs made out like bandits IMO on a poor draft pick. He still hasn't proven he deserved to be the 3rd pick that year and I really don't think he will ever become a 1st line player.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)