Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rannk 2021 prospects

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Rannk 2021 prospects

I'm in the middle of 2021 draft, in a multicast league, where goals worth more than assists, +/- can really help or sink your team. and great offensive D with good +/- worth more than a lot of good F.

Here is the players available, and the way I ranked them. :

1) Coronato, F-CAL
    2) Rosen, F-BUF
    3) Morrow, D-CAR
    4) Stankoven, F-DAL
    5) Zellweger, D-ANA
    6) Raty, F-NYI
    7) Bourgault, F-EDM
    8) L'Heureux, F-NAS
    9) Tuomala, F-PHI
    10) Martino, F-DAL

Are there some players that are in another top tier, compare to the other ?

Rep all
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Rannk 2021 prospects

I personally like Logan Stankhoven as I believe he will be coming into his own right around the time Dallas starts to retool or rebuild. I also don't mind taking a big swing on Morrow. Coronato is the safest pick but in my experience the "safer" picks have lower ceilings and if you're league weights goals you want to take some big swings on big upside.
    16 team Pts only dynasty league
    G, A, PPG, SHG, GWG, Svs, SO's, W's
    Pro Roster Starters: 9 F, 6 D 1 G

FWD: Hertl, Forsberg, Quinn, Rantanen, Debrincat, Couturier, Dach, Trocheck, Larkin, Seguin
    D: Chychrun, Grzelcyk, Trouba, Burns, Walman, Karlsson, Graves
    G: Kahkkonen, Keumper, Reimer

Farm (notables):
    F: Pekarcik, Dellandrea, Cowan, Puistola, Halttunen, Simoneau, Bolduc, Nadeau, Stankhoven
    D: Brzustewicz, Alexeyev, Jiricek, Reinbacher, Minnetian
    G: Fedotov, Tarasov, Kochetkov, Skarek, M. Gibson

Dobber Sports Veteran

So, a lot of view, with no comments lol
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Where you have them ranked seem about right.

I like Stankoven quite a bit.

I might bump Raty down a couple spots or so as yes he is a steal for the Iles but there's a reason he fell and is gonna need a big bounce back season which personally i'm not a big fan of my prospects already needed bounce backs this early in development

Dobber Sports Initiate

I can give it a shot

Stankoven

Coronato
    Rosen
    Raty
    Zellweger
    Bourgault
    Morrow
    L'Heureux
    Martino
    Tuomala
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by PicklePickle View Post
    I can give it a shot

Stankoven

Coronato
    Rosen
    Raty
    Zellweger
    Bourgault
    Morrow
    L'Heureux
    Martino
    Tuomala
    about the same for me but with raty and Rosen changing spots. I really like Coronato to the point where he’s close to being number 1 for me… so close.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Stud

For me Coronato is the obvious choice even before considering the fact that goals are weighted more than assists. He had 48 goals this season, second place in the league had only 32 (2 players, and they are both older than Coronato). And I say this as a big Stankoven fan.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

No ranking from me, but a link to a whole bunch of drafts in various states of progress, many are done:

https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...t-results-here

I'm not a prospect guru, so I can't rank them exactly, but I'd take a forward there. I try and avoid defenders not in the top tier or two, unless it's a very late pick.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Sage

You guys talked me into picking up Stankoven. The Scouching guy really loves him.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by berni67 View Post
    I'm in the middle of 2021 draft, in a multicast league, where goals worth more than assists, +/- can really help or sink your team. and great offensive D with good +/- worth more than a lot of good F.

Here is the players available, and the way I ranked them. :

1) Coronato, F-CAL
    2) Rosen, F-BUF
    3) Morrow, D-CAR
    4) Stankoven, F-DAL
    5) Zellweger, D-ANA
    6) Raty, F-NYI
    7) Bourgault, F-EDM
    8) L'Heureux, F-NAS
    9) Tuomala, F-PHI
    10) Martino, F-DAL
    I'm fine with this list, but I'd move Morrow behind Raty and Zellweger to 8th (btw L'Heureux and Tuomala).
    I will, in fairness, state that I don't know that much about Zellweger... but he won't be leaping Drysdale, yes?... and it's hard to get excited about anybody that can reach a PP1 unit.

Dobber Sports Deity

My top two are definitely Coronato and Stankoven in that order.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Out of curiousity, did someone take Chibrikov? I think he was a steal in the second.

Stankoven - he's a beast and I suspect only fell because of size and smaller sample size this season - very high upside, especially in goal weighted pool (he gets the nod for me over Coronato because Dallas)
    Coronato - just a deadly scorer and smart player.. if he improves his skating, watch out (Calgary seems to marinate most prospects so we'll see how long it takes for him to jump in)
    Rosen - sad he went to Buffalo, was a big fan of his u18s performance and had him at 11 in my pre-draft rankings (maybe i overreacted a bit to his u18s :P)
    Morrow - future hurricanes pp1 quarterback, imo (had him in my first round) - it's always tricky with high school players, but his skill-set gives him such a high ceiling (plus Carolina drafting..) He's just a treat to watch!
    Zellweger - knocked both Clarke and Coulemans off of pp1 for Canada at u18s.. could he do the same to Drysdale? I like Zellweger and had him in my first round.
    Raty - I had such high hopes for him after his first WJC, I'd just like to see him perform against older players! I think he's probably worth the gamble.
    L'Heureux - he had unbelievable analytics last season in the offensive zone (according to scouch's sample).. if he can keep his antics under control, could be a nice steal for Nashville
    Tuomala - killer wrister, no doubt, but I'm not sure how i feel about the rest of his game. I expected more from him on the pp.
    Martino - Dallas with another nice pick here... definitely has a lot of upside! Sadly I just haven't seen enough of him, so take his ranking with a grain of salt.
    Bourgault - I personally wasn't all that impressed from what I've seen and still can't believe they passed on Wallstedt... but we'll see. (I'd like to see more of him next season, him and Martino are my least viewed)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by mdratch View Post
    Out of curiousity, did someone take Chibrikov? I think he was a steal in the second.
    Yes, Chibrikov still there. And here are the other available in 3rd round ( I still have 2 picks):

5) Zellweger, D-ANA
    7) Bourgault, F-EDM
    8) L'Heureux, F-NAS
    9) Tuomala, F-PHI
    10) Martino, F-DAL

Dobber Sports Veteran

Would you take Chibrikov before those players ? :

5) Zellweger, D-ANA

7) Bourgault, F-EDM
    8) L'Heureux, F-NAS
    9) Tuomala, F-PHI
    10) Martino, F-DAL

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by berni67 View Post
    Would you take Chibrikov before those players ? :

5) Zellweger, D-ANA

7) Bourgault, F-EDM
    8) L'Heureux, F-NAS
    9) Tuomala, F-PHI
    10) Martino, F-DAL
    I do think I'd swing on Chibrikov, over any of these listed players from 5 - 10. I probably would have ranked him, just below Rosen and above Morrow (maybe even above Rosen and below Coronato, because Winnipeg drafting and development, haha). I think he has insane upside. He was a bit inconsistent in the games I've seen of him, but when he is on, lemme tell ya, he could be a real steal for the Jets. I was genuinely surprised he fell to 50... as almost every scouting service had him mid to late first round. (Russian factor?) - is that why Svechkov also fell a bit? NHL central scouting had Chibrikov as the 4th ranked European skater.. Anyways, I think he's a really good risk regarding fantasy hockey and I think he has high points upside. (Dobber also has him as 8.0 fantasy upside)

The pool in your signature does seem pretty D heavy with that points format though! So, Zellweger/Morrow might be the right gamble for you. I'm just wondering whether Zellweger can get onto that top pp (as already mentioned in this thread)... but I do think he's a very safe bet as Anaheim's future pp2 quarterback, at the very least! And I think he will be an NHLer. Morrow is a pure swing for upside as it's always hard to predict High Schoolers before they play in College. (excited to see him at UMASS this year against better competition) I'm guessing Couleman's and Lambert got taken? As they are both probably 'safer' picks than Morrow.

Anyways, just my two cents, good luck!