Thread: Goalie Conundrum

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Goalie Conundrum

Hey guys! I took over a dynasty league team and I might have a bit of a goalie issue-all of them have some sort of risk involved:

Fleury: How much will he play?
    Khudobin: What's the arrangement in Dallas?
    Mrazek: backup
    Prosvetov: Who knows if he'll play this year?

Cats are GS, W, GA, Saves, Shots against and SV %

The good part is that we only need 2 starts per week, so I should be able to get that. But there's a few goalies I could roll the dice on in free agency, with the 2 coming to mind being Anderson and Hutton. I know both play for terrible teams and probably won't do much for my numbers, but do you guys think either of these guys has a chance to be a starter? I would lean to Anderson personally since has a better shot at starting for a crappy Sabres team!

I would rather take a gamble on a bad starter just to guarantee I hit my start requirement every week since there's alot of uncertainty aside from Fleury in my net.
    20-team dynasty cats League, Daily sets
    25 keepers, 2 rookies
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP,GWG, FOW, Hits, BLKS, SOG, Goalie starts,GAA,SV%,SVS,W,

F: O'Brien, Newhook, Wennberg, Tavares, Kuraly, Bjorkstrand, Skinner, Zucker, Bertuzzi, Coleman, Kurashev, N Robertson

D: Dunn, Moser, Matheson, Mintyukov

G: Binnington, Fleury, Forsberg, Dostal, Rittich
    NA: Sogaard, Denisenko, Annunen

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Goalie Conundrum

Mrazek I would say is more of a 1B. He should get you starts. How many will depend on how well he plays
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Stud

I don’t get it. Khudobin will be Dallas’ 1A - the backup job between Holtby and Oettinger, sure, but Khudobin gets 55-60%.

Fleury and Khudobin.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports All-Star

Yes another vote for MAF and Khudobin.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Fleury: He will play a lot. Lankinen and Delia should be the next two guys, in that order. Malcolm Subban is still terrible, ignore him.

Khudobin: The arrangement in Dallas is stupidly confusing. They signed a declining vet in Holtby when they already had 3 NHL caliber guys, so now they have 4 under contract. Khudobin is the guy I'm most confident pgets
    games. Bishop could retire or miss large chunks of time, Oettinger is waivers exempt, and Holtby isn't that good any more.

Mrazek: He's got more of a track record of success than Campbell. He's new to the team, but he's a tadem guy at least.

Prosvetov: He'll probably play some, but Arizona is terrible. Korenar is the guy I'd want there, as Hutton is also terrible. If you roll the dice on Hutton, it's like playing craps, trying for a total of 7 or 11, but with 2 twenty siders.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Monster

Fleury is the one sure thing. Khudobin should play at least a third of Dallas' games, at most half. Probably closer to the former. Nobody knows what will happen with Oettinger, Bishop, or even Khudobin who may get dangled on the trade market if the rumours are true. Holtby looms as well - I don't think he's done.

Mrazek should be good when he plays, which may be 50%, 30% or 60% of Toronto's games. Who knows. But he's used to playing in tandems.

Prosvetov - avoid, he isn't ready for the NHL. He will probably play, but it will be ugly. The Coyotes would be wise to put some stiff in the net instead of this kid. Keep him in the AHL.

Anderson I would agree could be a stash to ensure you don't completely surrender all G categories. He has a chance to put up huge saves numbers, and even if he lets in 4 or 5, his save pct might still be close to .900.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry