Thread: Ullmark vs Hart *rep

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Ullmark vs Hart *rep

I have Ullmark and am thinking of taking a chance at Hart. The GM that has Hart is eager to get rid of him and also has Swayman as a rookie keeper. I like Ullmark but with Swayman competing for spots and a potential return of Rask around the corner it makes me weary. Would you take a chance on Hart in this situation?
    14 team Yahoo Keeper League 8 keepers 4 rookies.

G, A, PIMs, SOG, Hits, Blocks, PPP, FoW GAA,Sv%,SO,Wins

2C 2LW 2RW 4D 1 Utility 2G 1 IR 2 IR+ 4 NA 13 bench

C: McDavid Crosby, Beniers, Kotkatniemi, W. Johnson
    LW: Draisitl Svechnikov, Patioretty, Mikheyev, Mangiapane, Tolvanen, Benson
    RW: Rantanen Thompson, Wahlstrom, Anderson, Marchenko, Evangalista
    D: Heiskanen, Drysdale, Ghostisbehere, Zadorov, Savard, Fowler
    G: Sorokin, Varlomov, UPK, Comrie
    NA: B. Clarke, Stankoven
    Rookie:

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Ullmark vs Hart *rep

You have a nice goalie 3some so I would stick with Ullmark if you are planning to compete. If your itching to deal Ullmark then maybe do it to improve your D or forwards. But right now I’d keep Ullmark over Hart. Now watch as Hart puts it all together and has a monster season for the Flyers.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I actually like Hart more than Ullmark.
    I know Hart had a disastrous season... but it was so disastrous it's hard to believe it will repeat.
    Goalie coaches even found distinguishable flaws in his game not consistent with his past play.

I think PHI retooling half their defensive group, especially adding Ryan Ellis, is going to make last year be an outlier among Hart's stats.
    (Nolan Patrick and Phillipe Myers, who wasn't clicking with Sanheim - are not big defensive losses for PHI... those subtractions in of themselves might be helpful)

I do like Ullmark... and Boston...
    This IS a close value comparison for me.
    But PHI is clearly on the rise with its younger group of players... and Hart has no threat behind him.
    Ullmark has Swayman right there... and I think Swayman will be the real deal and steal the G1 gig as soon as a month or two in.
    Also - everybody assumes Patrice Bergeron is back and re-signs after his contract expires.
    But what if he is a Barry Sanders type guy and says "That's it. I've had enough. It was a good ride. I'm retiring".
    Boston already is without a bonafide C2. Imagine them without a bonafide C1 and C2... not good for the BOS goalies.

So... for me, I like Hart.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DCHockey View Post
    I have Ullmark and am thinking of taking a chance at Hart. The GM that has Hart is eager to get rid of him and also has Swayman as a rookie keeper. I like Ullmark but with Swayman competing for spots and a potential return of Rask around the corner it makes me weary. Would you take a chance on Hart in this situation?
    Keep Ulmark! We will see how he performs this year but if if Hart struggles again this year I don’t think he will be a starting go goalie in 2022-23.

Ivan Fedotov is about to take starting job in CSKA Moscow and will improve over his amazing last 2 seasons in KHL since he is in much better team now.

He is also on last year of KHL contract and property of Flyers… if he continues to shine.. watch out for the rumours !
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Icon

I like Ullmark more than most people but I would still prefer Hart in any type of league where you keep their rights for a few years. Boston will be a cup contender again this year while Philadelphia probably won't be but Boston has Swayman as the back up and Rask likely joining the team in February. Hart is backed up by Martin Jones.

With that said, play up the hype from the off-season and Hart's last season results to try to get more than just Hart for Rask's replacement in Boston.

Dobber Sports Ace

I prefer Hart

Dobber Sports Deity

I liked Ullmark in Buffalo even though he didnt get many wins. I really like him in Boston. I'd keep Ullmark here.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I was a previous Hart owner and I'm aiming for Ullmark in my upcoming draft.

While PHI on paper has made positive changes, it is still unknown how things play out. I would stick with a more secure BOS team than PHI, even if that may not hold true in a few years, so hold onto Ullmark.

If you're adamant on moving Ullmark and willing to take a gamble on Hart, I would emphasize that risk and ask for a sweetener in the deal.
    SalaryKeeper ROTO-Add/Drops/Trades require IRL $
    12 Teams - 32 Player Roster -20 Active - Min 5D to Max 7D - Min 11F to Max 13F
    16 Keepers (G=2 Keeper spots)
    83.5M Weekly AAV - Bench does not count towards salary cap

F/D: G, A, PPA, PPG, +/-, Hits, BLKS, Shifts (0.5), TOI (0.5), PEN
    G: GAA, Saves, SPCT, TOI, Wins, SO, OTL (0.5)

Roster
    F: MacKinnon, JT Miller, Kaprizov,
    E.Kane, Caufield, Eichel, Batherson, Malkin, Dach
    Kempe, Greig, Tolvanen, Zary, P.Kane, Foegele, Dowd

D: Theodore, Chychrun, Drysdale, McAvoy, Matheson, Okhotiuk, M. Roy, Fehervary, Perbix, Martinez, M. Anderson

G: Thompson, Vanecek, UPL, Lyon, Binnington

The Great One

I believe what I've read about Hart - he has a lot of trouble reading the play at an NHL level. The improved D will help him, but it won't make him a top tier starter. I'd stick with Ullmark. And yes, Fedotov is a threat for sure., He's started the season in the KHL very strong.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Stud

Current “vote” from above posts, 5-3 Ullmark. I’m going to make it 6-3. I feel a goalkeeper whose confidence has been shaken that bad (as last year) will need a change of teams to start anew, and I don’t see Philly pulling that off while they’d be selling SO low.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like both goalies. However, Hart has no real threat for playing time, and Ullmark has 2 threats in Swayman and Rask, one of whom, if signed and healthy is both more entrenched with the team and better than him.

I'd go with hart.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

Ullmark might not reclaim the crease as the A1 if he gets injured and Swayman plays well enough to dethrone .

Dobber Sports Immortal

I like Hart here. To me that's a buy low and I even think you could get a pick or 2 out of him as well.