Thread: Who to keep for my last spot. Thanks

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Who to keep for my last spot. Thanks

Need to decide for my last spot , point only (i was second last year)

• 1- McDavid 12,5 x 5ans
    • 2- Mikko Rantanen 9,25x 4ans
    • 3- Mika Zibanejad 5,35 (1 an )
    • 4- Trevor Zegras 0, 925m x 2
    • 5- Teuvo Teraveinen 5,4 x 3 /////////
    • 6- Shea Theodore
    • 7- ……….. ???

• Ryan Nugget Hopkins (5 x 5,125 ) .
    • Kevin Fiala. (5,125 X 1 an )
    • Bryan Rust (3,5 m x 1 an )
    • Jacob Vrana (5,25 x 3 )
    • thanks for your reply

11 team Cap Keeper league, point only , keep 7, no positions, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 pts/win, 3pts/SO.
    14F, 4D and 2G. (2 worsts players doesn’t count)

F: Mcdavid, Rantanen, Zibanejab, Nugent Hopkins, Kevin Fiala, Sam Bennet, Trevor Zegras, Teravainen , Jesse Puljujarvi, Zach Hyman, Evander Kane, Matt Barzal, Matt Boldy, Lucas Raymond,
    D: Shea Theodore, Tyson Barrie, (Nils Lundvist, Connor Timmins,)
    G:Jack Campbell, ​Cam Talbot

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Who to keep for my last spot. Thanks

Bjorkstrand can be a choice to add… see min my signature all the option (Batherson, Toffoli…)
    11 team Cap Keeper league, point only , keep 7, no positions, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 pts/win, 3pts/SO.

F: Mcdavid, Rantanen, Zibanejab, Nugent Hopkins, Kevin Fiala, Sam Bennet, Trevor Zegras, Teravainen , Jesse Puljujarvi, Zach Hyman, Evander Kane, Matt Barzal, Matt Boldy, Lucas Raymond,

Dobber Sports Jedi

I would really consider RNH & Fiala and drop Zegras.
    Unless you don't think you can compete this year. Zegras is more of a long term hold then a great value add this year IMO.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Any player that can give you 10pts per $1m of salary... for a long-term... is a great player.

RNH should give you 52+pts consistently over next 5 years.
    I think this makes him a great value here.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Right RNH is the safer pick with this value , thanks i like this equation

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I would really consider RNH & Fiala and drop Zegras.
    Unless you don't think you can compete this year. Zegras is more of a long term hold then a great value add this year IMO.
    This should be taken into consideration. As good as Zegras will likely be, it won't be this year.

The biggest bang for your buck is Rust IMO. A very good chance he puts up 60+ this year for 3.5. If your not overly concerned about CAP and don't like the 1 year for Rust, then RNH is a very good choice. And as Lucafen states, keeping Fiala rather than Zegras also makes sense unless your rebuilding.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Hummm… i don’t known for the contention, but i really like Zegras (and i need Low salary to compensate the McDavid one!!)
    Dobber put 58 pts for Zegras this year ����!

Dobber Sports Genius

I would keep RNH. Gets that much needed PP1 time. Good luck.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Veteran

Nugget or Rust but I prefer Nugget
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thank you all for your good advice… RNH Will be my choice with hope for a big rebound (like his 69 pts 2-3 year ago ��!,)

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm not a big Nuge fan myself but it's hard to deny the safety of the pick while he's on that pp1, on a really good long term deal.

Personally, I'd be keeping Zegras too because you probably won't get him back after this season if you let him go (too much hype and name value with an ELC deal). I will agree with some of the comments that guys like Rust/Fiala/Nuge are safer options than keeping Zegras if you're shooting to compete this year but only Nuge has a contract worth keeping long term. Fiala is going to sign big if he has a good year, and Rust is due for a raise after this season! At least you get two years of ELC with Zegras. I think it's important to note that It's been pretty rare lately for top picks to light it up in there first two seasons. I thought Jack Hughes could put up 50-60 his first season but it's a hell of a league and very hard to do. Easier for guys who played full seasons of pro in years prior, like liiga, SHL, AHL and KHL. (even german pro leagues like Stutzle (DEL)

Zegras has a ton of hype and looked stellar after his move to Center late in the season. I still think he puts up 50ish points this season (could be more if Anaheim can actually score on the PP). So, if you think you can draft well enough to make up for those 20 points lost, all the power to ya. Someone like Fiala has a higher ceiling than Rust, but Rust is so cheap this season... which allows you to draft an expensive contract late in the draft. Fiala at 5.1 is still solid for the year because if he finally shows some consistency all season he could break 70 points and you could always trade him for assets if you weren't competing by the trade deadline.

But yeah, having said all that, due to contract length and PP1 time, I'll say Nuge and I'd be keeping Zegras too.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

That’ the Way i think … i pick 10th (of 11): i kwown Zegras Will be pick in the top five. If he does 45-50 pts for 0,925 m this is a good deal.
    Nuge can be 65 pts more so can be done everything year with is respectable salary. Fiala was my second choice but not the safest one for 65 +. Tks

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd keep RNH here over Rust, because that deal is likely a bit cheaper than what Rust gets, and the Penguins star duo is older.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.