Thread: Retool or Rebuild?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Retool or Rebuild?

coming off of back-to-back 2nd place finishes, looking to get my team younger and wind up for another run in a season or two or more?
    in the last 6 months, shipped out Malkin, Wheeler, Radulov, Grubauer & Palat for picks and prospects. Have a few high picks this coming draft.

In our upcoming draft i'm set to lose 2 or Kopitar, Tarasenko or Bobrovsky likely.

Question is:
    Do i ship out Kane, Carlson, Landeskog, or Bob for blue chippers and first rounders if i get enough back?
    or hang onto those guys to ride out into their 30s when i'm bouncing back?

Team in sig, 14 team league. Points only dynasty, start 3 G.
    14 team Keeper Points only - limited starting roster moves
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 3G
    C: Vilardi, Dvorak, Karlsson
    LW: Vrana, Hertl, Mangiapane
    RW: Kubalik, Point, Tuch
    D: Ty Smith, Hughes, Burns, Hronek
    G: Shesterkin, Varlamov, Vanacek
    BENCH
    Kakko, Turcotte, Sharangovich, Vilardi, Beckman, Perfetti, Lysell, Sillinger, McTavish
    Drysdale, Perunovich, R.Merkley, Fagemo
    Dostal

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Retool or Rebuild?

Without knowing the intricacies of your league etc, when I look at that roster, I'm thinking rebuild. You had 2 2nd place finishes, but don't be the San Jose sharks and hang on too long. That's not a winning roster as it's constructed currently in my opinion

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyTonkMan View Post
    Without knowing the intricacies of your league etc, when I look at that roster, I'm thinking rebuild. You had 2 2nd place finishes, but don't be the San Jose sharks and hang on too long. That's not a winning roster as it's constructed currently in my opinion
    Agree. Since you already started you might as well continue. Obviously don’t give up your players for free but I think you need to acquire some good young talent to even think of it being a re- tool. You had 2 second place finishes so it couldn’t have been that bad to think of a total rebuild. I was thinking more of a re-tool than rebuild. Good luck either way.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyTonkMan View Post
    Agree. Since you already started you might as well continue. Obviously don’t give up your players for free but I think you need to acquire some good young talent to even think of it being a re- tool. You had 2 second place finishes so it couldn’t have been that bad to think of a total rebuild. I was thinking more of a re-tool than rebuild. Good luck either way.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Pro

Trade them away, so all your players are peaking at the same time. Don't give them away for nothing, but shop them hard and you'll get a good offer at some point this season.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin