Thread: J. Robertson vs Dahlin

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default J. Robertson vs Dahlin

Hi everyone,
    in a keeper league points only with 3D and 7F counting per team, who do you prefer?

Both of them are keeper. Im trying to sell high with J. Robertson's fantastic season and to buy low with the mess that Buffalo is.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: J. Robertson vs Dahlin

For me it depends on your other keepers at the moment. What is your d depth like?

Pure scoring, Robertson showed last year he can get points. He’s in a fairly decent scoring top 6. Dahlin is in Buffalo…but has tremendous upside we haven’t seen yet (supposedly, anyway).

Who are your other keepers?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Points only league no question im taking J.Robertson over Dahlin 1 for 1. I'd only consider the trade in a multi-cat league where i think Dahlin has greater value over J Ro

or if your keeper forwards are STACKED and your D are very weak

maybe for far in the future id take Dahlin as i have no doubt he's gonna be a 50+pts D man but Buffalo really needs to figure things out before this happens

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yes, JRob had an awesome season, but I think Dahlin is something special. Unless your team needs dictate one way over the other, I would be trying to buy on Dahlin whole you can. Yes, Buffalo is a disaster, but I still believe in Dahlin's talent overcoming the adversity that the Sabres are currently enduring.
    8-Team Points-Only Keeper League
    Roster of 25 Players
    No positional requirements for Forwards
    Farm System of 3 Players

Fwds - Rantanen, Kaprizov, Pettersson, J. Hughes, Ovechkin, Malkin, A. Svechnikov, Forsberg, Reinhart, Keller, Gaudreau, Hagel, Eklund

Def - Q. Hughes, Josi, Theodore, Morrissey, Dunn, Letang, Burns, Matheson, York, Thrun

Goalies - Shesterkin, Jarry

Farm - Benson, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Superstar

I fully agree with your strategy here. Robertson is a sell high and Dahlin is a buy low IMO. As much as I like what Robertson did last year I do not think he will become an elite forward. I think Dahlin will be an elite offensive defencemen. To support that, I'm using Dobber's Long Term Upside/3YP which I would suggest is a pretty good starting point. Robertson has an upside of 85 and 3YP of 73. Dahlin an upside of 78 and a 3YP of 62. If we are comparing forwards Robertson is your guy, but we're not. I think those numbers speak volumes. If those projections are dead wrong, well that could be, but I don't think they are to a degree that would change my mind. I'll take the 60+ D over the 70+ F each and every day in a pts only.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

The Great One

Dahlin has potential to score 70 pts, with a floor around 45 to 50.

Robertson has potential to score 80 pts, with a floor around 50 to 55.

It all comes down to positional requirements, but I'd be inclined to go with the dman in most situations. It is likely easier to find a replacement for Robertson (i.e., another forward with similar production) vs Dahlin. There aren't many dmen capable of putting up 70 pts.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Star

Still think it has to be Dahlin. I agree with the idea that Robertson's keeper value is never going to be higher and Dahlin's keeper value is never going to be lower than they are right now.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Still think it has to be Dahlin. I agree with the idea that Robertson's keeper value is never going to be higher and Dahlin's keeper value is never going to be lower than they are right now.
    agree with this ....may take few years but once some young pieces come to Buffalo i think they will turn it around and so will Dahlin.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Give me Dahlin here, great opportunity to get a special talent (even though he plays for the Sabres).
    8 team keeper league, scoring cats F/D: G, A, PPG, PPP, SHG, SHP, GWG, HT, SOG, Hit, Blk, FW/FL. G: GS, W, GA, SV, SHO

Pittsburgh Top Cats
    F: Malkin, Crosby, Eichel, McDavid, MacKinnon, Rantanen, Robertson, A. Svechnikov, Zibanejad, Kaprizov, Fiala, Keller, Thompson, Bedard, Cozens, Cooley
    D: Letang, Dobson, Hamilton, Makar, D. Toews, Sanderson, Burns
    G: Shesterkin, Andersen, Kuemper

Farm:
    F: ​Quinn, Nazar, Firkus, Fantilli, Benson, Donato, Dumais, Guenther, Lardis, Nichushkin, J. Perron, C. Ritchie, Yager, Ziemmer, But
    D: L. Hughes, Addison, Jiricek, Mateychuk, Nikishin, S. Morrow, Nelson, Brzustewicz
    G: Raanta, Hofer, Korpisalo

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Dahlin, and it's not close. Dahlin has the potential to outscore Robertson while playing D. Scoring D are rare, and I'd be glad to give a draft pick upgrade to do that.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.