Thread: Projecting Cap Hit for R. Strome & J. Robertson

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Projecting Cap Hit for R. Strome & J. Robertson

I'm trying to see what their next contract would look like.

I know it's not an exact science but what would be your gut feeling on the numbers.

R. Strome UFA
    J. Robertson RFA

Thanks

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Projecting Cap Hit for R. Strome & J. Robertson

This is highly dependent on what you expect to happen this year. I'm going to go with:

4.8M AAV for Strome over 2 years - this is a bit over the average of his last contract, and I think he's been worth it. If he keeps up his increased pace from last year, he'll get a raise beyond that.

2.8M AAV for Robertson for 3 years - this is completely out of my butt, but I did look at the Stars cap situation first.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

Strome 2 years/ 9M
    Robertson is a lot harder to predict! I think he can reach 65-70 points this year. I’m very high on him. It would depends with the Stars cap situation. I see him signing long term around 7M maybe more...

Administrator

Strome's going to be a UFA, which makes an overpayment likely. He shouldn't get to Couturier's level, but Couturier also took a hometown discount. And look at what Kevin Hayes got to move from Winnipeg to Philly. Brayden Schenn is another decent comparable. I'd be surprised to see Strome get below $6M AAV.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hayes' contract was really a Rangers to Philly run by the former coach of the Rangers thing, plus a Chuck Fletcher overpay. Thinking about what you say, I'm probably under on Strome.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.