Thread: What would it take? Zibenajad + for Eichel

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default What would it take? Zibenajad + for Eichel

Hey All,

So, in my limited keeper, I went all in last season and now don't have a pick until round 8, needless to say I'm not competing this season.

With that; The thought of buying low on Eichel seems very appealing to me for the year(s) after.

There is a lot of uncertainty about Zibenajad in NYR, especially in a contract year. So my thought is, sell high on him now, and buy a low Eichel (due to likely not playing this season), and reap the benefits 2 seasons from now.

The Eichel owner in my league is lacking some keeper quality, so my thoughts are packaging Zibenajad with either Ehlers or Lehner (or maybe O'Rielly or Malkin) for Eichel.

Am I out to lunch thinking this is doable? Or if youre the Eichel owner, are you spitting in my face at this offer?

Thoughts?
    12 Team - Dynasty H2H Category
    Skaters CAT: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG
    Goalies CAT: W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    Roster: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, Util, 2G, 5BN, 3IR

C: Crosby, Stuetzle, RNH, Couturier
    LW: Ovechkin, Guentzel, Toffoli, Knies
    RW: Fiala, Perron, DeBrusk, Zuccarello
    D: Seider, Hronek, Pietrangelo, Heiskanen, McAvoy, Chychrun
    Util: Ekholm
    G: Vanecek, Gustavsson, UPL, Lyon, Forsburg
    Blue = Bench / Red = IR
    (Also in 2x 1-yr leagues but they aren't important)

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: What would it take? Zibenajad + for Eichel

If I'm an Eichel owner there are 2 ways to look at it:

1- I'm panicking and want the fastest deal possible and I would take Ehlers and Ziba off your hands. Not a bad deal for both anyways especially if I want to compete now or next year.

2- I'm patient and wait it out. Simply because I am rebuilding/retooling for the future and Eichel will be a big part of my team.

Not every Eichel owner wants to deal him (I mean everyone is tradeable but...) No harm in checking things out, I'm also not worried about where Mika will end up if he doesn't re-sign with the Rags. He's not going from NY to the bright lights of Arizona. Good luck
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: What would it take? Zibenajad + for Eichel

This is a tough one. I'm a big Eichel fan but things haven't looked good lately, and who knows about his health. Having said that, this is the time to buy.

Zibanejad is a great player whom I think will be better for the next 2 years than Eichel fantasy wise, but that's about it. Eichel will eventually find his groove and be a top fantasy player for years.

I bet you can get Eichel cheaper as Feenom alluded to in scenario 1. With him out until December, next year is pretty much a write off. I'd try for Zibanejad straight up, or add in Malkin if possible (but it sounds like the Eichel owner isn't exactly competing either). I wouldn't go too much more than Zibanejad at this time; I'd wait it out. If he hasn't traded Eichel yet, see what happens.

Good luck