Thread: Diggs for Robinson +

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Diggs for Robinson +

Hey all,

I have a pre-keeper decision trade I'm contemplating. Not sure if this is a great choice long term or if I'm just reacting to losing Dobbins and making a poor choice.

League is Half PPR, 3 WR, No Kicker. Keep 9. We have to announce keepers in a few days, then draft on 6th.

Current Keepers:

QB: Justin Herbert
    RB: Ezekiel Elliot
    RB: Nick Chubb
    RB: JK Dobbins
    WR: Stefon Diggs
    WR: Ceedee Lamb
    WR: Amari Cooper
    WR: Darnell Mooney
    WR: Jarvis Landry

Rest of Roster (Pre-Cutdown) that are worth noting: Mike Williams, Hunter Henry

I have Pick #3 this year after my Dallas stack collapsed last year following the Prescott injury and Chubb missed 6 games. Draft will go Harris, Pitts and I plan to take RB: Williams.

I'm considering trading Diggs, Mike Williams and a 4th rnd pick this year for Allen Robinson, Miles Gaskin and a 1st rnd (9th)

Robinson and Gaskin become keepers and push Landry to a drop, I pick at 3, 9, 15.

Would you do the trade, or do you think I'm overreacting to losing Dobbins and should just hold Diggs?
    18 Team Full Keeper Start 10F, 3D, 1 G, 1 Flex Skater, 3 ​JR

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, SHG, SHA, W 1.5 Point: PPA 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG .5 Point; Star .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

F:
    Johansen, JvR, Monahan, Kucherov, Tavares, Coyle, Pastrnak, Draisaitl, Rakell, Dadanov, Pacioretti, Gusev, Kaprizov, Tomasino, ​Greenway
    D: Theodore, Carlson, Josi, Valimaki, Hughes, K Miller, ​Grzelcyk
    G: Holtby, Gibson, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Diggs for Robinson +

I honestly really like Robinson and I think he's in that 2nd tier of WR this yr, and Diggs is that top tier, but the bottom of it. I think Diggs will TORCH the Jets as their secondary is a bunch of 4th and 5th rounders, but I think his other weeks will be very close to Robinsons totals.

Gaskin is a big upgrade to Dobbins obviously, and the 1st round pick should be a decent player? I think this is a 10 teamer, so 90 keepers, you'd be getting a top 100 player with the 9th pick.

If you think you need to replace Dobbins, i take it. If you plan on keeping Dobbins to stash all yr, then Nah.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Star

If you're trading Diggs to fill a hole and the best RB coming back is Gaskin, then the deal isn't worth it. All respect to Robinson and his ability to produce with terrible QBs. Given that you can pick a RB like Javonte Williams at 3, I'd rely on this to fill the Dobbins hole. I understand maximizing keepers, but high-end WRs make better keepers than middling RBs, both by production and RB's short shelf life.

After drafting a RB at pick 3, given the circumstances, I'd rather pick up a pass catching back to fill the hole, load up on backup RBs and wait until a starting RB gets injured, or be prepared to blow the budget for a FA pickup.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks much, I will be holding Dobbins and I think the shelf life argument on WR is a great one, so I kept Diggs.
    18 Team Full Keeper Start 10F, 3D, 1 G, 1 Flex Skater, 3 ​JR

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, SHG, SHA, W 1.5 Point: PPA 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG .5 Point; Star .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

F:
    Johansen, JvR, Monahan, Kucherov, Tavares, Coyle, Pastrnak, Draisaitl, Rakell, Dadanov, Pacioretti, Gusev, Kaprizov, Tomasino, ​Greenway
    D: Theodore, Carlson, Josi, Valimaki, Hughes, K Miller, ​Grzelcyk
    G: Holtby, Gibson, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Immortal

Keep Diggs and stack up on RB in the draft.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Keep Diggs and stack up on RB in the draft.
    Hopefully you did this because Robinson did not look great last week.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Hopefully you did this because Robinson did not look great last week.
    Robinson's value is tied to Fields, not Dalton. The return might not happen till week 4. Also...LAR D is insane and Robinson didn't run a route past 10yrds and that was likely a design to get the ball out of Dalton's hands early to avoid the rush.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll