Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: NHL Mock Draft 2021-2022 - Picks

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: NHL Mock Draft 2021-2022 - Picks

24.8 - PH selects Scott Laughton

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

24.10 Jaime Oleksiak
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

24.11 Егор Шарангович
    2012 DobberHockey Hall of Fame - Player's Category

Dobber Sports Padawan

Hey guys. Looks like fun. Good Luck.
    I'm wondering...would your Dmen picks change much if +/- PIM HITS BLOCKS SOG were excluded as points? Or would your picks be pretty much the same if it it was just G, A, PPP and PTS counting?
    The reason for asking is I have a Dman draft coming up (not even going to try and explain this-it's a quirky pool), picking 15th of 16, and I'm looking at the order Dmen were picked in this draft to try and help me determine which Dmen were being picked around 10 -19. My pool is points only, G-1 A-1 though.
    I will also be using Dobber's Top 120 Keeper Dmen Rankings for guidance. Are there any other sources out there you know of where I might be able to see which Dmen are being picked when for this year.

Thanks for any thoughts you might have. Good luck with your leagues this year.

EDIT....my apologies, posted in the wrong place, sorry about that.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by everfeb View Post
    I'm wondering...would your Dmen picks change much if +/- PIM HITS BLOCKS SOG were excluded as points? Or would your picks be pretty much the same if it it was just G, A, PPP and PTS counting?
    The reason for asking is I have a Dman draft coming up, picking 15th of 16, and I'm looking at the order Dmen were picked in this draft to try and help me determine which Dmen were being picked around 10 -19. My pool is points only, G-1 A-1 though.
    I will also be using Dobber's Top 120 Keeper D-men Rankings to guide me.
    if its points only, it will def change the order at which some of the d men are drafted. your best bet would be the dobber guide draft sheet, it's points only and should give you a better idea of where everyone should fall out
    12 Team H2H Keep 4

2 C, 4 W, 4 D, 2 UTIL, 2 G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, FW: W, SV%, GAA

C: Barkov, Eichel
    W: Connor
    D:
    G: Sorokin
    ​IR:
    NA:

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The reason for asking is I have a Dman draft coming up, picking 15th of 16, and I'm looking at the order Dmen were picked in this draft to try and help me determine which Dmen were being picked around 10 -19. My pool is points only, G-1 A-1 though.
    I will also be using Dobber's Top 120 Keeper D-men Rankings to guide me.
    Excluding those stats would significantly impact the results of this draft - especially in the later rounds when guys like Gudas, Larsson, Zadorov are drafted.

But even in the early rounds the players would be drafted significantly different.

For example - Dahlin - I would have drafted him a round or two earlier if he was not attached to a large negative +/- value playing in Boston.

Some other D-man that I think would be drafted significantly higher or lower in a points only type league:

4.1 Darnell Nurse - He is well rounded and covers lots of categories -that is why he was drafted here. But in points only he moves down.
    6.9 Shea Theodore - I think he moves up in a points only league
    7.2 Quinn Hughes - He moves up significantly in your scoring system.
    7.9 Tyson Barrie - Moves up in your point system.
    9.7 Jacob Trouba - moves down
    10.8 Aaron Ekblad - moves up
    11.4 Ryan Pulock - moves down
    11.5 Miro Heiskanen - moves up
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Certain categories change things a fair bit. If using blocks, you get your blocks from your D. You cannot really make those up with another position. Without blocks, I draft completely different D. I just joined a league without shots. Suddenly, a bunch of players move up or down. No +/- opens up the player pool. I’d name names but I don’t have stats to hand. Reilly, Barrie, Hughes, Krug, Klingberg, Makar all seem like guys I’d target over Trouba and the like.

Dobber Sports Padawan

WOW, Thanks very much PenguinHunter. Great Stuff. I see what you are talking about. Nurse was 5th dman off the board in your draft...rated 22nd by Dobber Top 120 Keeper D.
    Pionk 6th in your draft...ranked 30th dman by Dobber. Hughes 15th d in your draft..5th by Dobber. There were some that were the same...Makar 1st in both...Fox 2nd in both...Josi 8th...McAvoy 21st.
    So ya, think I won't be giving the D picks in your draft a lot of weight as I need purely offensive (G-1 A-1) Dmen.
    Thanks again. Really appreciate you taking the time.

PenguinHunter...
    "Excluding those stats would significantly impact the results of this draft - especially in the later rounds when guys like Gudas, Larsson, Zadorov are drafted.
    But even in the early rounds the players would be drafted significantly different.

For example - Dahlin - I would have drafted him a round or two earlier if he was not attached to a large negative +/- value playing in Boston.

Some other D-man that I think would be drafted significantly higher or lower in a points only type league:

4.1 Darnell Nurse - He is well rounded and covers lots of categories -that is why he was drafted here. But in points only he moves down.
    11.5 Miro Heiskanen - moves up[/QUOTE]"

Dobber Sports Grand Master

The reason for asking is I have a Dman draft coming up (not even going to try and explain this-it's a quirky pool), picking 15th of 16, and I'm looking at the order Dmen were picked in this draft to try and help me determine which Dmen were being picked around 10 -19. My pool is points only, G-1 A-1 though.
    I will also be using Dobber's Top 120 Keeper Dmen Rankings for guidance. Are there any other sources out there you know of where I might be able to see which Dmen are being picked when for this year.

EDIT....my apologies, posted in the wrong place, sorry about that.
    It would be COMPLETELY different, and most notably my team. I drafted towards grit, as I find scoring to be less reliable. I really have no idea why you'd double count points if you just have G, A, and PPP.

I'm the guy who took Nurse early, and Rule #1 of fantasy is "Know your scoring system."
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Excluding those stats would significantly impact the results of this draft - especially in the later rounds when guys like Gudas, Larsson, Zadorov are drafted.

11.5 Miro Heiskanen - moves up
    A guy like Sam Girard also moves up significantly.

Dobber Sports Padawan

stevegamer Thanks for replying. Ya, this pool has G, A, Pts, PPP and I don't know the reason for the Pts and PPP. The pool I'm in has G-1 pt / A-1pt.