Thread: Cam Akers -- What do we think of his value in 2022 and beyond?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Cam Akers -- What do we think of his value in 2022 and beyond?

So I'm in a 14-team keep 11 dynasty league, where we start 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1RB/WR/TE Flex (in addition to a kicker and D). It's also a half PPR.

Over the years, I've built up a pretty good RB stable; I have Jonathan Taylor, Mixon, Dobbins, Miles Sanders and Damien Harris. I like having RB depth, but think I can get away with 4 of these guys (and maybe an additional depth RB), so I've put Miles Sanders on the block. I like Sanders, but am a little worried that he could cede some work to one or more of Boston Scott and Gainwell (who's a pretty good pass catcher), not to mention some vulturing by one or more of Jordan Howard, Kerryon Johnson and/or Jalen Hurts. In short, Sanders has a lot of talent and could be very good, but it's also possible the bloom could be completely off the rose a month into the season and his dynasty value evaporates.

Given my depth, one strategy I use sometimes is to target a player who has/had equal or higher value who's hurt (so I can IR that player), and then ask for a pick too to account for the injury/risk. So I have an offer of Cam Akers and the 8th overall pick at our draft this year (the first round or two tend to be a rookie draft) in exchange for Sanders. With 8th overall, I may be able to get a guy like DeVonta Smith, Jaylen Waddle, Javonte Williams, Trey Sermon, or one of the top 3 rookie QBs. I also have 11 overall.

This is the type of move I tend to love doing, but an achilles injury is nothing to take lightly. What's the view on Akers' chances of coming back to be a solid producer?

He's super young, so I guess that can't hurt, but the history with these things for RBs isn't great. So I'm really on the fence about this one.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Cam Akers -- What do we think of his value in 2022 and beyond?

Honestly depends how well Henderson does in his role this yr. It's all about opportunity for RB.

Is Akers worth a stash? If you have space why not. Would I plan on keeping him next yr? Likely not.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll