Thread: Rodgers for Tannehill?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Rodgers for Tannehill?

Need some advice, I currently have Rodgers, also I have Robinson WR and Henry RB with the Titans.

From my understanding without know or ever heard of Tannehill before, Rodgers is the better QB but would it be smart on my part to stack Tannehill with the WR and having Henry as RB? I know bye week might suck losing 3 top players in 1 week but is the stack worth it? Or would you say keep players spread out better and keep Rodgers on my team?

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Rodgers for Tannehill?

Rodgers is a top 10 easily, Tannehill is likely in that 8-12 range.

I wouldn't do it, I like Rodgers and pissed off Rodgers is something else. But this is an "up to you" type of trade. You're also in an 8team league I think right? So Bye week fillers for QB will be there on Free Agency, so don't worry about byes. You'll have plenty of options for free there.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Veteran

Not sure I follow the precise question about stacking the QB and WR, because I'm understanding from the post that you have Allen Robinson, who's a WR for the Chicago Bears. So I don't see the QB/WR stack there. And I HATE stacking QBs and RBs on most teams -- especially a RB like Henry who does the vast majority of his damage and scoring on the ground (so no points for Tannehill there).

So I'd easily stick with Rodgers. He gives you the better upside week-in and week-out compared to Tannehill. And while I think it's a highly overrated narrative many times in fantasy football, the "revenge" factor does play with Rodgers I think. He's got a huge chip on his shoulder right now, and likely will want to make a statement during his last year in Green Bay. Nothing's guaranteed, but he's certainly the more talented of the two compared to Tannehill and I think has the better odds of outperforming Tannehill.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Couture(IR)/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez(IR)/Edvinsson/York/Gudas
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

my apologies, you know your new in a league when!!!

I meant to say AJ Brown. My thought process was/is, yes Rodgers is better but how much better is he for Tannehill? - Having the combo of Brown and Tannehill (not fully understanding how the scoring is accumulated as this is the first time playing fantasy football) but assuming each catch received is going to be points, running and td are points... with Brown being what looks to be the number 1 guy for Tannehill - a TD would be 12p each time( 6 from QB - 6 by WR) in a shallow league as 2014olympicgold im only in a 8 team league, there's still some really good QB available.

My plan/ if the league is similar to hockey where each team is only located during game time... when ever games are played (thursday, sunday, monday) I will keep 1 bench spot open and each game day add/drop a QB, only keeping my Main QB.

The way I am seeing it majority of teams play on Sunday, why carry 2 QBs ( i know injuries do happen, but theres 5-6 solid names in FA) when your really mainly playing 1 most of the time.

[QUOTE=dejeanneret;2146952]Not sure I follow the precise question about stacking the QB and WR, because I'm understanding from the post that you have Allen Robinson, who's a WR for the Chicago Bears. So I don't see the QB/WR stack there. And I HATE stacking QBs and RBs on most teams -- especially a RB like Henry who does the vast majority of his damage and scoring on the ground (so no points for Tannehill there).

So I'd easily stick with Rodgers. He gives you the better upside week-in and week-out compared to Tannehill. And while I think it's a highly overrated narrative many times in fantasy football, the "revenge" factor does play with Rodgers I think. He's got a huge chip on his shoulder right now, and likely will want to make a statement during his last year in Green Bay. Nothing's guaranteed, but he's certainly the more talented of the two compared to Tannehill and I think has the better odds of outperforming Tannehill.

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Not sure I follow the precise question about stacking the QB and WR, because I'm understanding from the post that you have Allen Robinson, who's a WR for the Chicago Bears. So I don't see the QB/WR stack there. And I HATE stacking QBs and RBs on most teams -- especially a RB like Henry who does the vast majority of his damage and scoring on the ground (so no points for Tannehill there).

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Rodgers is a top 10 easily, Tannehill is likely in that 8-12 range.

I wouldn't do it, I like Rodgers and pissed off Rodgers is something else. But this is an "up to you" type of trade. You're also in an 8team league I think right? So Bye week fillers for QB will be there on Free Agency, so don't worry about byes. You'll have plenty of options for free there.
    Agree here.

And yes it's not quite a stack when it's a QB and a RB since they take points away from each other for the most part.

Looks like I got my answer!! thank you all for the feedback.

I want to pick up Trey Sermon, I have Sutton WR, Jeudy WR and melvin Gordon RB all on Denver, Should I drop M. Gordon for Sermon, or drop Trevor Lawrence QB for Sermon?

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Agree here.

And yes it's not quite a stack when it's a QB and a RB since they take points away from each other for the most part.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Just going off of the scoring system you mention in your other post, a passing TD is actually only worth 4 pts. This may not seem very important, but it actually makes a big difference when comparing guys like Rodgers & Tannehill. I think that alone makes this trade a little more interesting, but there's a few key factors you still have to consider (Bye week being the biggest).

Stacking from a team is great when they're scoring, but can be deflating when they're not. The titans were a top 5 scoring team last season, and likely will be up there again this year so they're one of the few I'd actually consider stacking guys from. If you have multiple players on the same bye week as the Titans though, I'd avoid stacking too much.

The name value with Rodgers is a bonus, because in a league like this with passing TDs being worth 4 pts instead of 6 his value drops. I think they're close enough in value that if you counter to get an upgrade at WR or RB you should cash in on that.