Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29

Thread: NHL Mock Draft 2021-2022 - Discussion

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: NHL Mock Draft 2021-2022 - Discussion

Thanks for the results! Congrats to the winner! Did not fair great but this was never going to end well for me after drafting too many Habs.

I looked at some of the discussion we have and here's a little post-mortem:

- Makar at the top of the 2nd caused a little discussion but most thought it was a fair spot. I think most of us agree he'll probably be a first-round pick next year (depending on format of course).

- You guys seemed to love my Seguin pick, fair to say it didn't end up paying off!

- Some thought Point dropped too far, others not enough. I think the latter group won that discussion for this year.

- There was a small debate about Stamkos vs Pettersson. Looking back, it seems a little laughable though Petey had a very strong second half.

- I made a 'great' comment about Matthew Tkachuk not providing enough points to be consider an elite player. Little did I know...

- Staying with the Flames, Gaudreau dropped a lot. With the categories, it made sense since he doesn't offer much peripherals, but man, he didn't make us look good.

- Our consensus top 4 G were Vasilevskiy, Hellebuyck, Kuemper and Lehner. We hit 50%.

- Some praise for the DeAngelo pick after we were over 100 picks. In retrospect, a very solid pick that shows that off-ice issues don't always matter.

- Campbell vs Mrazek was a strong debate with a very clear winner. Shows that goaltending can change in a hurry.

Didn't go further but I'm sure there's plenty more to be learned after doing this. We should do it again next year!

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Didn't go further but I'm sure there's plenty more to be learned after doing this. We should do it again next year!
    You bet we will! We always start it in the latter half of the offseason but before people's 'real' drafts begin. I love it cause it kills a bunch of time in weeks where there's virtually nothing happening between free agency and training camp.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Pro

Have some vacation planned around that time of year, so should be good to go!

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by niconasr View Post
    Have some vacation planned around that time of year, so should be good to go!
    Last year we started Aug 23. I think we want to start a bit earlier this year maybe to avoid cutting into peoples real draft prep. Some time in the first half of Aug is probably ideal.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Pro

Fair enough, I guess I'll enjoy time with the kids on vacation then!

Dobber Sports Master

is the nhl hoping to start in early october or pushed back due to length of this season ?

Dobber Sports Pro

I believe the schedule returns to normal next year. Slightly shorter off-season since the draft will be July 7th and free agency starts July 13th. Should be back to early October for the first games.

The Great One

Yeah I’d guess 1st week in October for the first games. I’m definitely in for this again too! Lesson learned on goalies…
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Yeah I’d guess 1st week in October for the first games. I’m definitely in for this again too! Lesson learned on goalies…
    Nice picture change!

Dobber Sports Monster

I heard the NHL is likely moving the NHL schedule back a week to 2nd week of October because their American TV broadcasters liked it this season

LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    I heard the NHL is likely moving the NHL schedule back a week to 2nd week of October because their American TV broadcasters liked it this season
    Interesting. Good info.

And thanks Nico! Feel good about the house cleaning that was done. Now let’s see if they build a team here...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

NHL likes to starts on Wednesdays for some reason which would make it October 12th for the start of next year. That seems about right.

And yeah, hopefully, the Habs manage to turn it around. I still think one of Anderson/Gallagher/Hoffman has to go to clear some space (Hoffman, if it were me) but otherwise, there's some decent prospects coming up and the 1st pick will hopefully help right away or in 2023.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Thanks for inviting me to do this, guys. It was my first ever one year hockey draft, and the lack of transactions made it pretty fun. Glad to finish in the top half.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.