Thread: Starting salary cap league… questions

Dobber Sports Newbie

Default Starting salary cap league… questions

We are a 14 team league with 22 player rosters and currently 14 protected spots (2 goalies max) on each roster.
    H2H with skater categories G,A,+/-,SHP,GWG,H,B and Goalie categories W,GAA,SV%,SHO

Want to move to a salary cap set up with a cap somewhere in the 90 to 100 million range. Considering free drops but wondering what other leagues do if a top player is injured. Do you still use An IR spot for him and does his salary still count against the cap? Also, do you still have a waiver wire budget for bidding on WW players?

Any thoughts and wisdom appreciated.
    Paul

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Starting salary cap league… questions

In reverse order:

Waivers:
    Waiver wire management isn't tied to league format (cap, head-to-head, total points, draft, dynasty) in any meaningful way. I've seen leagues run all sorts of different ways with different formats, and they can all work.

Injuries:
    Every league I'm in has a way to deal with replacing injured players. Almost all have IR slots; the one in my sig has replacement of players who don't play in a given period with someone from your bench. I'm in no leagues where IR counts against the cap, and I'd find it very strange for it to count against the cap. Those with IR slots increased them due to Covid last year, for obvious reasons.

Dropping players/cap amount:
    Allowing players to be dropped and not count against the cap is pretty normal. I'd recommend this if it's a league going to cap system, as you likely have rosters that will be over a cap. Make sure to not make the cap too tight right now, and you'll want to see what everyone's cap looks like given their current rosters.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Use Fantrax. You have to pay for the premium features, but one of them is a salary cap. Definitely needed!

In fact, whatever set of rules that you want to use (buyouts, IR, bench, waivers, etc.) can almost certainly be accommodated by Fantrax.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    In reverse order:

Waivers:
    Waiver wire management isn't tied to league format (cap, head-to-head, total points, draft, dynasty) in any meaningful way. I've seen leagues run all sorts of different ways with different formats, and they can all work.

Injuries:
    Every league I'm in has a way to deal with replacing injured players. Almost all have IR slots; the one in my sig has replacement of players who don't play in a given period with someone from your bench. I'm in no leagues where IR counts against the cap, and I'd find it very strange for it to count against the cap. Those with IR slots increased them due to Covid last year, for obvious reasons.

Dropping players/cap amount:
    Allowing players to be dropped and not count against the cap is pretty normal. I'd recommend this if it's a league going to cap system, as you likely have rosters that will be over a cap. Make sure to not make the cap too tight right now, and you'll want to see what everyone's cap looks like given their current rosters.
    Very helpful, thanks.