Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaprizov - Going to Russia?

The Great One

Default Re: Kaprizov - Going to Russia?

He belongs to MN for the next three years.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    All right then, thanks for the clarification.

Dobber Sports Initiate

That didn't stop Radulov from going to the KHL despite being under contract with Nashville or the fact Kaprisov has a tentative 10 million dollar offer in the K as of now. But yeah, probably using it as leverage, or not. See Radulov.

Just preparing the guy for best and worst case scenario.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Wizard

I hope Guerin doesn't give in and stick to his offer of 8 years at $8 million per. If Kaprizov doesn't want it, let him play in the KHL.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    That didn't stop Radulov from going to the KHL despite being under contract with Nashville or the fact Kaprisov has a tentative 10 million dollar offer in the K as of now. But yeah, probably using it as leverage, or not. See Radulov.

Just preparing the guy for best and worst case scenario.
    Senryu’s thought was that Kaprizov would go away for a year and then comeback next season and sign wherever. He can’t do that. You must have missed that before citing Radulov, who left for 4 years, as an example of something.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

think it's a bluff, but it's interesting.

Considering that Minny's dead cap space from the Parise/Suter buyouts jumps by 8 million next year, if Kaprizov comes back next year that's money they can't use on him. I know it's the same whether they sign him this year or next, but I wonder what the impact would be if negotiations start next year rather than this year.

I hear the income tax rate in Russia is about 15% and in Minnesota it's about 9.85% so it's not a huge difference in dollars if he signs for 8 million or so. It makes sense that the issue is term, and maybe Kaprizov doesn't want to be there long-term.

Anyway, I think it's a bluff for now but I don't think Kaprizov will be in Minnesota long-term. I have him as a keeper and I'm holding on.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Star

i ultimately expect guerin to cave and kaprizov will get what he wants which is a 3 year deal probably at a sub-8m AAV. as they play this game of chicken, i believe the complete and total embarassment/shame of letting kaprizov go to Russia surpasses kaprizov's actual willingness to play in Russia.

That being said, there is a non-0% chance that Kaprizov DOES go to the KHL due to guerin being stubborn. this makes me nervous as i do have kaprizov in one of my leagues.

we'll see how this plays out.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

The Great One

I’d rather own Kaprizov than Eichel...
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Initiate

Not me.

Dobber Sports Deity

Why? No way I'd want Kaprizov over Eichel.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Why? No way I'd want Kaprizov over Eichel.
    Because the threat of going to the KHL bothers me a lot less than a potential career ending injury that has still not been addressed.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

Because the threat of going to the KHL bothers me a lot less than a potential career ending injury that has still not been addressed.
    I think you're overreacting a tad on Eichel and his injury. There's been no discussion on this being anything close to career ending from either side.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I think you're overreacting a tad on Eichel and his injury. There's been no discussion on this being anything close to career ending from either side.
    Call me crazy but the whole "no NHL player has ever had it done" and the complete refusal of the Sabre's to allow it as well as not release his medical info to other teams...seems like it might be serious to me. Guess not.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

Call me crazy but the whole "no NHL player has ever had it done" and the complete refusal of the Sabre's to allow it as well as not release his medical info to other teams...seems like it might be serious to me. Guess not.
    What you're not understanding is Eichel has no choice here but to follow the team Doctors recommendations. This was part of the latest CBA that kicked in past year. The players can go get a 2nd opinion, and can present it to the team Doctors for consideration but at the end of the day, the players gave up their right to do what they want medically. The team has fill say on medical procedures. Eichel is the one wasting time here fighting for something completely out of his control.

And as far as the team releasing info on his injury, maybe they're waiting for someone to present them with a legitimate offer before they do that. Buffalo is trying to trade Eichel based on his 36 goal season two years ago and teams are probably making offers based on his 2 goal season last year. We simply don't know the inerts of those discussions.

Dobber Sports Initiate

What you're not understanding is Eichel has no choice here but to follow the team Doctors recommendations. This was part of the latest CBA that kicked in past year. The players can go get a 2nd opinion, and can present it to the team Doctors for consideration but at the end of the day, the players gave up their right to do what they want medically. The team has fill say on medical procedures. Eichel is the one wasting time here fighting for something completely out of his control.

And as far as the team releasing info on his injury, maybe they're waiting for someone to present them with a legitimate offer before they do that. Buffalo is trying to trade Eichel based on his 36 goal season two years ago and teams are probably making offers based on his 2 goal season last year. We simply don't know the inerts of those discussions.
    ^^^^This.

Even with Eichel's so-called career ending injury, I take Jack over a guy who took several years to finally come over seas and now is doing this. Also, they said that about Crosby in 2012, that he was done with yet another concussion. How did that work out? Oh yeah, countless individual hardware including a Rocket, Art Ross, Conn Smyths and two Stanley Cups. But premature calling of something is premature. And while there is a reason for concern, I believe given Jack's age, the success others have had with the surgery, and perhaps there is another road.. regardless I believe Eichel will continue being a NHLer and a superstar level one.