Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rank these Middling Forwards Please. I will rep.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Rank these Middling Forwards Please. I will rep.

Trying to figure out my keeper for the league in sig. and if I have room for a trade. Please rank these guys for next year or two. I will only be able to keep 4. I have some thoughts but would like to hear from others.

A Beauvillier
    D Gurianov
    Z Hyman
    J McCann
    T Meier
    S Monahan
    K Keller
    V Arvidsson
    P Danault
    R Donato
    K Labanc

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Rank these Middling Forwards Please. I will rep.

If you can only keep 4 from here I like the following....

Hyman
    Gurianov
    Beauvillier
    Monahan

Pretty confident in those 4 for a points only.

Dobber Sports Wizard

a little too much of a list...but here are my top 35

Meier
    Monahan
    Hyman
    Gurianov
    Beauviller
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    a little too much of a list...but here are my top 35

Meier
    Monahan
    Hyman
    Gurianov
    Beauviller
    Yeah, its longer but i dont see much between them or I wouldnt be asking

Thanks for your thoughts!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Yeah, its longer but i dont see much between them or I wouldnt be asking

Thanks for your thoughts!
    np and i didnt mean to be sarcastic, was supposed to say top 5 lol...sorry
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Pro

A Beauvillier - Love the player, but he's very streaky. Probably tops out at 40-45 for the next couple years.
    D Gurianov - I have no clue about Gurianov, I believe him to be very talented. But man, offense goes to die in Dallas in recent years.
    Z Hyman - With the contract and everything, you have to believe Hyman is set to be in the Oilers top 6 for at least the next 4 years. That's probably a 50 point floor for him with upside for more.
    J McCann - He'll get tons of opportunity in Seattle but he's maybe the least talented player on this list, so he's a not for me.
    T Meier - I love Meier and he's had an unlucky year but it's tough to trust the Sharks to have a big offense next year. That being said, he's going to get every opportunity to produce.
    S Monahan - What a weak year he had! Is it a one-off or the start of a decline? He's only 26 so I'm inclined to give him a pass in a weird year. If he can stay in Calgary next to Gaudreau, he should be fine. If he's moved, he'll probably produce less.
    C Keller - He's the youngest of the bunch and had the best year last year. But man, his team sucks! His floor should be fine, but the upside isn't there with the teammates around him.
    V Arvidsson - Big fan of his game in multi-cats but in points-only, going to LA, I think I'll pass.
    P Danault - As a Habs fan, I love what Danault did for us. And while he says he has another gear to his game offensively, I simply don't see it. His deployment shouldn't change much in LA and it's not like he'll get widely talented linemates either.
    R Donato - He sticks out in this bunch as the most unreliable option. I'd steer clear.
    K Labanc - I think he's a fine players but he's reliant on his teammates to score as he's more of a setup man. Decent floor, decent upside but nothing exciting about him.

For the next year or two, I'd rank them like this:

1- Keller
    2- Meier
    3- Monahan
    4- Hyman

Then, a decent gap.

5- Gurianov
    6- Labanc
    7- Arvidsson
    8- Beauvillier
    9- McCann
    10- Danault
    11- Donato

Good luck to you!

Dobber Sports Deity

Keller
    Monahan
    Meier
    Danault

I know, people are going to wonder about Danault after the crappy year he had but if you look at his numbers the previous two seasons he had 47pts in 71 games the year before, and two seasons ago he had 53pts in 81 games. I listened to an interview he did after signing in LA and he said he was told that he would be given an offensive role there. That was a big reason he signed with LA. I see him in the 2C role for the foreseeable future until the kids pass him in a few years.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Keller
    Monahan
    Meier
    Danault

I know, people are going to wonder about Danault after the crappy year he had but if you look at his numbers the previous two seasons he had 47pts in 71 games the year before, and two seasons ago he had 53pts in 81 games. I listened to an interview he did after signing in LA and he said he was told that he would be given an offensive role there. That was a big reason he signed with LA. I see him in the 2C role for the foreseeable future until the kids pass him in a few years.
    I definitely believe the Kings said that to him but even if true, I don't see how he ever sniffs close to 50 points again. As someone who's watched almost every Habs game since he's been with the team, there's a big difference between the Danault of 2-3 years ago and Danault now. His biggest season had him with Pacioretty or Gallagher, two of the leagues highest volume shooters. The Kings don't have that, or anything remotely close to that unless you want to say Dustin Brown (who's probably playing with Kopita anyway).

I think people underestimate how much of Danault's offense stemmed from those two guys launching the puck from everywhere. I love Danault and I wish the Habs kept him (though not at that contract), but I don't think he ever will develop much more offense to his game.

Dobber Sports Genius

In no particular order I would keep:

Keller
    Hyman
    Gurianov
    Meier

Monahan is the odd man out unless switching Gurianov out for him. I would try and include one of them in a package deal if you can. Good luck
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Ace

Monahan
    Hyman
    Gurianov
    Meier
    12 teams. Keep 9 any position.
    7 prospects. D scoring 3.75 for goal, 2.75 for assist. Forwards 3.5 for goal, 2.5 for assist. 0.5 for hits and blocks. Goalie scoring -1.5 GA, 0.3 for save, 2 points for win and extra 2 for shutout.

​Pre Draft

F: Keller, Zegras, Suzuki, Caufield, Cozens

D:​ Drysdale, Guhle, Perunovich

G:

IR:

Prospects: W. Johnston, K. Johnson, Guenther, Morrow, Mateychuk

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Keller
    Monahan
    Meier
    Danault

Thanks Axe!

Finally some Keller recommendations. He isn't on my team, but I have a trade offer that would add him, and give me a bigger headache choosing keepers. I was just hoping that Keller would be a standout keeper or upgrade, not seeing that as the case so far.

Danault is a big risk, but so are McCann and Arvi - all on new teams that need help with points. Hmmm. And Ive had Meier for so long but patience is wearing thin even though he is almost at the 400 games BT mark.

Others:

Hyman - great with top end talent, but not worth much on his own - boom / bust in EDM like Kahun etc.
    Gurianov - i like this guy, top 6 and getting better. Opportunity is there.
    Monahan - i wish they blew up CGY and traded this guy. Expecting another ho hum season.
    Beauvillier - streaky is right, this isnt a bad thing if I catch him on the waves. Defensive system though... and I already have Barzal
    Labanc - yeah, meh.
    Donato - just thrown in to make sure I wasn't missing anything

And believe me, im trying to do some 2:1 type deals but so is everyone else in my league.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by audiopile View Post
    Thanks Axe!

Finally some Keller recommendations. He isn't on my team, but I have a trade offer that would add him, and give me a bigger headache choosing keepers. I was just hoping that Keller would be a standout keeper or upgrade, not seeing that as the case so far.

Danault is a big risk, but so are McCann and Arvi - all on new teams that need help with points. Hmmm. And Ive had Meier for so long but patience is wearing thin even though he is almost at the 400 games BT mark.

Others:

Hyman - great with top end talent, but not worth much on his own - boom / bust in EDM like Kahun etc.
    Gurianov - i like this guy, top 6 and getting better. Opportunity is there.
    Monahan - i wish they blew up CGY and traded this guy. Expecting another ho hum season.
    Beauvillier - streaky is right, this isnt a bad thing if I catch him on the waves. Defensive system though... and I already have Barzal
    Labanc - yeah, meh.
    Donato - just thrown in to make sure I wasn't missing anything

And believe me, im trying to do some 2:1 type deals but so is everyone else in my league.
    I don't understand why Keller doesn't get more love. I get that he's not a sexy name or doesn't play in a sexy market but the guy can put up numbers. He's going to play a lot of minutes and will get the best opportunities to produce. I'm not in love with his upside considering the surroundings he has but his floor is decently high and he's the youngest of the bunch.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Keller
    Monahan
    Meier

Are the three which stand out to me as having the highest upsides and floors. For the last slot I think it comes down to Hyman and McCann. McCann has the higher ceiling, but its highly dependent on where SEA decides to play him next year. So depends on your risk tolerance.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Monster

Hyman
    Meier
    Monahan
    Keller

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Veteran

Gotta reload the reps a bit before sending out the rest. Thanks for all the replies!

Short list appears to be:

Monahan
    Keller
    Hyman
    Meier

Gurianov
    Beauvillier
    the rest all kinda the same here

So if I did make a trade to acquire Keller, it looks like he could be an upgrade on some of my other bubble keepers.

The deal on the table is Panarin for Backstrom, Keller and a first round pick (6 OA perhaps nets me S Bennett). Im trying to get a bit more because that isnt enough for Panarin. Again, much appreciated dobberites!