Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Boqvist or DeAngelo?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Boqvist or DeAngelo?

Who would you rather have in the league in sig?

Thanks
    12 teams dynasty, Points only ( G and A = 1pt)

F: McDavid (12.5M), Kucherov (9.5M), Boldy (7M), Kyrou (8.13M), J. Norris (7.95M), Zegras (5.95M), Kuzmenko (5.5M), Reichel (0.925M), P. Kane (2.75M), Lundell (0.925M), Rasmussen (1.46M), Rossi (0.86M).

D: Korchinski (0.925M), Byram (3.85M), Burns (5.28M).

G: Kochetkov (2M), Shesterkin (5,670M).

Bench: E. Karlsson (10M), Lucius (0.925M), Edvinsson (0.89M), Askarov (0.925M), Quinn (0.86M), Berggren (0.925M), Stankoven (0.81M), Knight (4.5M), Mitchkov (TBD), Athanasiou (4.25M), Samsonov (3.55M), Klingberg (4.15M).

Administrator

Default Re: Boqvist or DeAngelo?

Boqvist

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

Boqvist. Too much to worry about when coming to DeAngelo. He's another E. Kane. Very talented hockey player, but awful being a human.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.

Dobber Sports Stud

Boqvist from me also. I try hard not to fill my fantasy teams with players I don’t trust.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

The Great One

I'm going with DeAngelo here.

Canes are a great team and DeAngelo has the inside track on the 1st power play unit, imo. Boqvist is behind Werenski.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I'm going with DeAngelo here.

Canes are a great team and DeAngelo has the inside track on the 1st power play unit, imo. Boqvist is behind Werenski.
    While you're not wrong, he also has the inside track of losing a job again if he does something idiotic, which is something is far too good at. Which is why I like Boqvist here. DeAngelo right now is a much better fantasy player in terms of on-ice production, but he's already missed nearly a year of hockey due to being an idiot.

Boqvist could surprise and be a lot closer. Regardless, I rather take the safer route than get the bad news that I lost an important piece to my team.

The Great One

I don't think Boqvist is necessarily a "safe" option. He is still very young, I know, but he hasn't done anything yet to make me convinced he will be fantasy-worthy. We have seen a lot of highly-touted dmen turn in to nothing of value. At least with DeAngelo, the talent is undeniable. Perhaps he just needs a second chance to prove that he has matured and learned from what happened in New York. I don't know the whole story, but I have read reports that Jesper Fast and Brady Skjei (former teammates in New York) were consulted before the decision was made to sign DeAngelo. Brind'Amour seems like the type of coach who could possibly get DeAngelo back on track. Yes, for sure there is a risk with DeAngelo, but I feel the reward is higher than it will be with Boqvist.

Bottom-line, imo:

Boqvist = smaller risk (though still some), and smaller upside.
    DeAngelo = higher risk, and higher upside.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Veteran

Sign me up for D'Angelo here as well. He could well burn up his last chance and be out of the league in relatively short order. Or, he could conceivably have gotten the message that he's one strike away from ending his NHL dream (and earning potential), keep his mouth shut going forward and be one of the top point producing D-men in the league for a bit.

Moreover, given his off-ice track record, even if keeps his learns to keep his mouth shut and produces on the ice, he's already done himself a serious and likely permanent disservice in terms of the size of contract that any team will be willing to give him going forward (and the Rangers likely aren't alone on the list of teams who've blacklisted him completely). So in a cap league like the OPs, D'Angelo could ... could ... end up providing tremendous value at a serious discount to what players like that would ordinarily count against the cap.

To me, that's worth the gamble over a player like Boqvist.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar//Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson(IR)/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand/Drouin
    D: Dobson/Trouba(IR)/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Martinez/Edvinsson/York/Gudas(IR)/Tanev
    G: Saros/Demko(IR)/Askarov/DeSmith

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Sign me up for D'Angelo here as well. He could well burn up his last chance and be out of the league in relatively short order. Or, he could conceivably have gotten the message that he's one strike away from ending his NHL dream (and earning potential), keep his mouth shut going forward and be one of the top point producing D-men in the league for a bit.

Moreover, given his off-ice track record, even if keeps his learns to keep his mouth shut and produces on the ice, he's already done himself a serious and likely permanent disservice in terms of the size of contract that any team will be willing to give him going forward (and the Rangers likely aren't alone on the list of teams who've blacklisted him completely). So in a cap league like the OPs, D'Angelo could ... could ... end up providing tremendous value at a serious discount to what players like that would ordinarily count against the cap.

To me, that's worth the gamble over a player like Boqvist.
    Good points, but like Evander Kane, I don't have faith in the player. He comes off like, how did Bugs Bunny put it, awww yes, a real maroon!

But that being said, it's hard to ignore a 30 and 53 point season.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Put me down for DeAngelo over Boqvist.
    If you have the risk tolerance, DeAngelo is high risk, high reward, IMO.
    But with little-to-no competition for the 1st PP in Carolina, the risk may not be THAT high.

Dobber Sports Stud

Hate the person, love the upside of DeAngelo.
    If you're contending and need a little push, I would swing for fences here.
    It's not like Boqvist is a sure shot to produce points. Both have bust potential for this season.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by rufio.85 View Post
    Hate the person, love the upside of DeAngelo.
    If you're contending and need a little push, I would swing for fences here.
    It's not like Boqvist is a sure shot to produce points. Both have bust potential for this season.
    No, but Boqvist did come on and has all the tools to succeed, where as the other one is simply a tool. See what I did there? Also, be the team that makes your mom proud.

The Great One

Not a huge of fan of either. But have to chose I go DeAngelo here. That's if winning in fantasy is the really important thing. If you'd rather have guys you like (which is important to some), then go with Boqvist. It's a boom or bust pick on DeAngelo and a very meh pick in Boqvist. He's just not going to put the numbers up at all.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Initiate

I know my team is not a real team, but I prefer not to have players like Deangelo in my fictionnal locker room.
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Not a huge of fan of either. But have to chose I go DeAngelo here. That's if winning in fantasy is the really important thing. If you'd rather have guys you like (which is important to some), then go with Boqvist. It's a boom or bust pick on DeAngelo and a very meh pick in Boqvist. He's just not going to put the numbers up at all.
    That meh pick put up 29 points in his first 76 NHL games as a depth dman when he was 19-20.... I think he'll do fine on his new team. DeAngelo should put up more points, but there's so much inherit risk with such a dumbass like DeAngelo... that the trade off of the security of player who should thrive in his new role is too close to not vouch for the young kid.

But yes, I made my point enough. Also, it's not so much I like Boqvist, I just don't see a place where a player like DeAngelo should be gainfully employed in the NHL. Especially with the message that the NHL is pushing, "Hockey is for everyone."