Thread: Keep 7

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Keep 7

Hello guys! I’m joining a new cap league( 82M )12team, points only, goaltender W ,SO , keep 7. Have to dress 9F, 4D, 2G. 5 bench
    Who would be your top choices from these? I have to pick 7 for now.

Forwards: ROR,Perron,Miller,Vrana,Hughes,Lindholm,Couturier, TT,Ehlers,Malkin,Fiala,Hintz

Defence: Girard,Chychrun,Krug,McAvoy,Pionk,Sergachev,Heiska nen

Goaltenders: Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov,Binnington,Hart,Kuemper,Ulmark

will rep!

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Keep 7

Hughes, Ehlers, Teravainen, Lindholm, McAvoy, Hellebuyck, Kuemper

I could be convinced to swap Hintz in for Lindholm, although Lindholm is a bit more of a proven commodity and also on a very value contract.

The Great One

I don't understand how you have 7 legit starting goalies in a 12 team league!!

I agree with tobias on your keepers, but if I were you I'd be leveraging your super strong goalie position to upgrade at other positions. There are only (at most) 32 starting goalies. Even fewer when you count tandems. There must be teams in your league without a goalie.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I don't understand how you have 7 legit starting goalies in a 12 team league!!

I agree with tobias on your keepers, but if I were you I'd be leveraging your super strong goalie position to upgrade at other positions. There are only (at most) 32 starting goalies. Even fewer when you count tandems. There must be teams in your league without a goalie.
    This! If your league is open for trading before you have to declare your 7 keeps you absolutely have to roll up your sleeves and take advantage of the goalie assets you have and upgrade a few of your keeper options. Right now, I would consider most of your keeper options to be Tier 1 but none of these guys, with the exception of Hellebuyck are elite. Package up a few Tier one guys and go get yourself an elite player or two. Easier said than done but that would be my objective.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Pro

I agree with you guys! i was surprised that all these goaltenders were available! I like the idea of banking on goalies to trade them later. Unfortunately, i can’t make trades before i pick my 7 but i can after

Dobber Sports Pro

We are 2 new team joining this league. So, who would you pick first? Top 3 or 5? Thx

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Dover View Post
    Hello guys! I’m joining a new cap league( 82M )12team, points only, goaltender W ,SO , keep 7. Have to dress 9F, 4D, 2G. 5 bench
    Who would be your top choices from these? I have to pick 7 for now.

Forwards: ROR,Perron,Miller,Vrana,Hughes,Lindholm,Couturier, TT,Ehlers,Malkin,Fiala,Hintz

Defence: Girard,Chychrun,Krug,McAvoy,Pionk,Sergachev,Heiska nen

Goaltenders: Hellebuyck, Markstrom, Samsonov,Binnington,Hart,Kuemper,Ulmark

will rep!
    This may sound crazy but I would consider going crazy protecting goalies as goalies reign supreme in fantasy hockey and you own a lot of quality starters. You also lack high end forwards. In short of Jack Hughes for the future, Lindholm for now and the near future, Couturier (see Lindholm but that contract won't look as pretty now), TT (his future on the top line RW gets cut shorter now due to the emergence of Necas), Ehlers (great contract), and you have Malkin, who's your best forward, but he's coming into the season at 35 missing what could be half to the majority of the season... so he looks less appealing. Then there is that cap hit of his.

I do like your defence.... So here is who I have as your protected seven: Keep in mind who you protect now, does not have to be the team you go with at season's beginning.

Jack Hughes (your future superstar), Nikolaj Ehlers (broke out this past season and at age 25, may still have yet another gear), Charlie McAvoy (broke out in the playoffs offensively), Miro Heiskanen (buddy traded him and got a good hull, a draft pick, Kaapo Kakko, and Ville Heinola, plus he had that amazing production in the bubble), Connor Hellebuyck (two-time Vezina candidate and one-time winner in front of an improved Jets roster if they retain Pionk and Copp), Carter Hart (still so young and full of potential), Linus Ullmark... plays for Boston and is signed to a 4 year 20 million dollar contract. So he's not being used as a stopgap or backup for that money. Also look at what he did in Buffalo compared to everyone else in goal, and that was without Eichel in the lineup! Bruins are working on his conditioning and also they play closer to a 1a, 1b lions share/platoon situation. Darcy Kuemper on the Aves looks sexy. You can always ship two of your goalies to improve at forward and defence.

But there is also 12 teams, so I may consider dropping a goalie in favour of a forward.... in which case I like Elias Lindholm for the best of situation (potential linemates being Johnny Gaudreau and Matthew Tkachuk) and age (27). Granted that Calgary is able to lock up their studs.
    I am a hockey obsessed fiend.