Thread: Grubauer vs

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Grubauer vs

How does Grubauer rank on Seattle now? Seems to have gone from ~3-5th to 15-20th best goalie?

My not so great options:
    Grubauer on SEA
    Fleury on CHI
    Varlamov on NYI (by far the best goalie + team combo here IMO but likely splits with Sorokin? also the most B2B games this year)
    Talbot on MIN
    Smith on EDM
    Petersen on LA
    Mrázek on TOR
    Binnington on STL

Who would you want for the this year and maybe next?
    16 Team H2H | Keeper with Salary Cap (81.5 mil, cap hit)
    6F | 4D | 1 UTIL | 1 G | 7 bench

G A SOG PPA PPG PIM HIT BLK
    W SA SV%

F: Barkov, Lindholm, Evander Kane, Marchessault, Horvat, Bjorkstrand, Toffoli, Beauvillier, Hagel, Jost, Jaskin
    D: Petry, Muzzin, Morrissey, Zadorov, Walker, Lyubushkin
    G: Binnington, Husso

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Grubauer vs

Based on your signature (W, SA, SV%), I think that I would want Fleury first, followed by Varlamov, and then Binnington.

Fleury should get a relatively heavy workload, Chicago looks to be a playoff team (especially if Toews returns), and that defense will still give him lots of opportunities to make saves (or face shots, as per your SA category).

Varlamov next - like you said, the best team/goalie combo from the list. He won't get as many starts as Fleury, but his stats will be strong.

Third, Binnington. Solid goalie on a solid team.

Dobber Sports Deity

From that group, I like Varlomov and Talbot the most.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Varly and Binnington for me, Grubs may surprise in Seattle.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Varlamov is the guy I want most there, as he's got a great situation which is basically unchanged.

I don't want Fleury at that cap hit on Chicago, nor do I want Grubauer at that cap hit on Seattle. Probably also not Binnington at that cap hit, either, so it's one of the cheaper options.

Talbot, Mrazek, Petersen are all reasonable options.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I'm going to say Binnington here. He's a pretty good goalie on a pretty good team, and I don't think that changes this year/next.

In second, it gets tough and several are very close. Varlamov is tempting but I do think him and Sorokin come close to splitting starts this year as they test Sorokin to make sure he can be their starter in 1 year.

Dobber Sports Pro

I like Varly the most out of this group. Nice situation, should have strong stats if not many wins.

I'll also boost up Petersen's value a little here too. He's the clear starter in LA, the team is in a very weak division and the addition of Danault might do wonders for the team's defensive play.

And I don't mind Grubauer either though the salary makes me a tad colder about him.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by jordandev View Post
    How does Grubauer rank on Seattle now? Seems to have gone from ~3-5th to 15-20th best goalie?

My not so great options:
    Grubauer on SEA
    Fleury on CHI
    Varlamov on NYI (by far the best goalie + team combo here IMO but likely splits with Sorokin? also the most B2B games this year)
    Talbot on MIN
    Smith on EDM
    Petersen on LA
    Mrázek on TOR
    Binnington on STL

Who would you want for the this year and maybe next?
    I'll strike out Mrazek, Smith and Petersen first. They should be good but there are question marks.

Grubauer not in Colorado feels like a huge gamble to me. Seattle could be terrible, and Grubauer has only been a true workhorse starter for one year on a team he isn't on any more.

So it's between Talbot, Varlamov, Fleury and Binnington.

Out of that group, I probably like Binnington the most, followed by Varlamov and Fleury. We don't know how much Talbot and Varlamov will play considering they're likely in tandem situations. Fleury we know is an excellent goalie but he is a year older, coming off a long playoff run and playing for a team that won't be nearly as good defensively. So in terms of stable commodities, I find myself settling with Binnington. But if cap issues are a major factor, any of that 4 would do.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry