Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 11

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re: 2021 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 11

Team Name: Cookies & Kitties
    (feat. Matt Cooke - because I had "OAC Accounting" class with him in 95/96 at St.Anne's High School in Tecumseh Ontario)

Team Motto: (we cause) No Fear

Team Logo:

The (shit) Draft:
    Cookies & Kitties
    1. (2) Dalvin Cook (Min - RB)
    2. (27) Allen Robinson II (Chi - WR)
    3. (30) George Kittle (SF - TE)
    4. (55) Julio Jones (Ten - WR)
    5. (58) Diontae Johnson (Pit - WR)
    6. (83) James Conner (Ari - RB)
    7. (86) Zack Moss (Buf - RB)
    8. (111) Phillip Lindsay (Hou - RB)
    9. (114) Brandin Cooks (Hou - WR)
    10. (139) James White (NE - RB)
    11. (142) Russell Gage (Atl - WR)
    12. (167) Evan Engram (NYG - TE)
    13. (170) Kansas City (KC - DEF)
    14. (195) Jason Myers (Sea - K)
    15. (198) Kenneth Gainwell (Phi - RB)

QB:... uh, yeah... TBD.
    First Claim:... uh, yeah... it has been prepared.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Team Name: Cookies & Kitties
    (feat. Matt Cooke - because I had "OAC Accounting" class with him in 95/96 at St.Anne's High School in Tecumseh Ontario)

Team Motto: (we cause) No Fear

Team Logo:

The (shit) Draft:
    Cookies & Kitties
    1. (2) Dalvin Cook (Min - RB)
    2. (27) Allen Robinson II (Chi - WR)
    3. (30) George Kittle (SF - TE)
    4. (55) Julio Jones (Ten - WR)
    5. (58) Diontae Johnson (Pit - WR)
    6. (83) James Conner (Ari - RB)
    7. (86) Zack Moss (Buf - RB)
    8. (111) Phillip Lindsay (Hou - RB)
    9. (114) Brandin Cooks (Hou - WR)
    10. (139) James White (NE - RB)
    11. (142) Russell Gage (Atl - WR)
    12. (167) Evan Engram (NYG - TE)
    13. (170) Kansas City (KC - DEF)
    14. (195) Jason Myers (Sea - K)
    15. (198) Kenneth Gainwell (Phi - RB)

QB:... uh, yeah... TBD.
    First Claim:... uh, yeah... it has been prepared.
    Sounds like you need to make a trade with rataylor!

Dobber Sports Titan

Managed to complete the draft with my phone open on the couch beside me, baby being fed for part of it and sleeping in my wife's lap for another part, and a Skype call with my parents in front of us. That meant that the 0 seconds of research I put in ahead of the draft was added on to the 0 seconds of research I did during the draft to properly live up to the temporary team name during the draft of EB's 0 research team. Middle of the draft also meant that I had to make picks regularly, and didn't have big gaps between picks. Ah well.

Onto the draft. Usually my thinking is at least one RB with the first two picks, and I tend to not let QB or TE fall too far, usually grabbing a QB first. That was about all I had planned, so I'm just happy I didn't end up accidentally drafting Cam Akers or something.

Onto the draft:

Round 1 - Saquon Barkley
    To my knowledge, the last of the big RBs. His week 1 status sounds positive too which is great.

Round 2 - Patrick Mahomes
    I love Metcalfe, but decided that I didn't want to have to worry about when to draft a QB later, and owning Mahomes last year was great. Simple was best for me.

Round 3 - Chris Godwin
    Thought I might be able to wait a round on Edwards, but he went the very next pick. Not upset at getting my first WR though.

Round 4 - Myles Gaskin
    Needed another RB and he was the best on the board... I think? Maybe a bit of a reach.

Round 5 - Odell Beckham Jr.
    I know he has name value, and I don't follow football enough to know exactly why his value has dropped like it has, but I figured some boom potential in my WR2 was not a bad thing.

Round 6 - Ronald Jones II
    Stocking up on RBs. Didn't mean to stack so much with the Bucks, but it's probably not a bad team to have a big stake in. Hopefully he gets the majority of the playing time, if not he can cycle in and out of my flex.

Round 7 - Robert Tonyan
    Time for a TE, and I have no idea which TEs are good or bad, but having Rodgers throw to you can't be a bad thing.

Round 8 - Michael Thomas
    My starting lineup is set for the offence, so I can take a flier on a guy to win me weeks late in the season (and according to Yahoo I have THE TOUGHEST second-half schedule). We'll see how it goes, but I was okay doing it knowing we have an IR spot.

Round 9 - Mark Ingram II
    More RBs!

Round 10 - Gronk
    Not being a big football follower I think I get sucked into name value a lot, but I couldn't pass him up here as a bench option with a high ceiling.

Round 11 - Randall Cobb
    I saw something as I was scrolling twitter the other day that Cobb was a hugely undervalued pick late in drafts, so seeing his name near the top of the draft board, I went with it. Does that count as research if it's accidental?

Round 12 - Marlon Mack
    More RBs!

Round 13 - Buffalo
    No idea what I'm doing with team defences, but I usually try to pick better teams, and they have a weak division right? Plus they're close to me geographically... so yeah.

Round 14 - A.J. Green
    No idea. Figured I needed a WR and he was at the top of the board.

Round 15 - Chase McLaughlin
    Didn't want to have to use an add on a kicker, so I decided to pick one. I have a system for picking kickers that usually works really well, but I didn't even have the 30 seconds to put into that. We'll see how long he's on my roster.

There you have it. I feel like there's also a lot of team name potential here, but I just don't quite have that sorted yet.

Best of luck to all!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Wolverine

The team my computer friend drafted for me:

1. (1) Christian McCaffrey (Car - RB)
    2. (28) Terry McLaurin (Was - WR)
    3. (29) David Montgomery (Chi - RB)
    4. (56) Darrell Henderson Jr. (LAR - RB)
    5. (57) Adam Thielen (Min - WR)
    6. (84) Tyler Higbee (LAR - TE)
    7. (85) Matthew Stafford (LAR - QB)
    8. (112) San Francisco (SF - DEF)
    9. (113) Jason Sanders (Mia - K)
    10. (140) Marquez Callaway (NO - WR)
    11. (141) Tua Tagovailoa (Mia - QB)
    12. (168) Nelson Agholor (NE - WR)
    13. (169) Rashaad Penny (Sea - RB)
    14. (196) Juwan Johnson (NO - WR,TE)
    15. (197) Cleveland (Cle - DEF)

I didn't bother excluding DEF and/or K because I knew it messed up the Yahoo algorithm.

Time to think of a team name...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I missed the draft due to recreational sports, I pre-ranked most of my team though. Not sure why the D and kicker were taken so high. I'm not in love with my team but don't hate it either. I had pick 4 I believe.

I went RB hard at the start. I took Zeke, CEH, and Carson. I also was able to nab L.Jackson as my QB. WR's are iffy but I like them.. Jeudy and Chark. I also was able to get who I think is a huge sleeper at TE: Everett from the Seahawks.

Good luck to everyone involved!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Ninja

Looking at my team post draft compared to those teams who auto-drafted, I have to question my draft lists. I guess we'll see when the season starts. The Frisky Hobbit drafted third overall:

1 - RB-Kamara NO - Went back and forth between Kamara and Henry. I think I was swayed by most of my research having Kamara higher, but it's those damn full PPR projections that might have pushed me to Kamara.

2 - WR-K.Allen LAC - Would have liked to go RB/WR with my next two picks, but Edwards-Helaire was taken just in front of me and there was a drop off, so WR/WR it was. Almost took McLaurin and in hindsight, should have.

3 - WR-Lamb DAL - Hopefully, his QB is back to being his old self and Lamb can improve on last season's fine rookie campaign.

4 - RB-Hunt CLE - Would have taken Lamar Jackson, but sniped again with the pick right in front of mine (that's 2 for Zorro). An awful lot of RB's came off the board since my last pick and I needed to get one. Not thrilled with Hunt, but he was the highest RB left on my list.

5 - WR-Higgins,T CIN - Wanted another young WR with potential and may have reached a little early for Tee.

6 - QB-Brady TB - Nine QB's were off the board and I didn't like most of them enough to plug in as my No.1, so went with the old guy.

7 - WR-Anderson,R CAR - Thought about taking TE-Fant, but thought he might sneak into my next pick, so I went with the best WR or RB from my list.

8 - RB-Johnson,Da HOU - Of course, 5 TE's come off the boar, so I reach back in time and take a player who I thought was at least going to be the No.1, but I have since read that he's now backing up Lindsay. P7 rubs it in by taking Lindsay with the very next pick. Wound, meet salt.

9 - WR-Landry,J CLE - Had to cover my top 2 WR having bye weeks at the same time, so here's hoping for a better season for Landry and the Browns.

10 - TE-Cook,J LAC - Would have taken Gronk, but he went 5 picks earlier. Looking at the TE situation, I had decided it was time to go TE-TE with these next two picks.

11 - TE-Henry,H NE - Will likely play the weekly match up game with my two TE's and hope for one of them to do better than expected.

12 - QB-Mayfield,B CLE - Needed a back up QB in case Brady looks at his portrait and realizes that he's Dorion Gray.

13 - WR-Edwards,B LV - A couple of sleeper picks I had wanted went earlier than I thought (Marquez Callaway was one). I only had 3 picks left and needed a K and Def. There was plenty of K left and a few Def that were acceptable, so I went with my sleeper pick now.

14 - IND Def - Still several K that worked for me, so I went with my highest remaining team defence.

15 - K-Bass BUF - Hard to go wrong with a K on a very good offensive team. The only negative is kicking outside in a Buffalo winter.

Yahoo gave me a C+ report card, but no one gives a crap about what Yahoo thinks. That said, I might regret not taking another RB in rounds 2, 3 or 5 instead of WR's. Here's hoping my young WR corps will help compensate.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I had a clear plan of going RB or Kelce at number 7 and owing to a traffic jam and 1 through 6 flying off the board, I missed my 1st pick. I would have taken Kelce given the RB available at that point.

1. (7) Aaron Jones (GB - RB) - Jones is solid, but I have my concerns this season
    2. (22) Justin Jefferson (Min - WR) - RBs were flying so I opted for WR here
    3. (35) Josh Allen (Buf - QB) - I had my eye on Allen in this spot when I was doing my "research", so happy to lock up QB
    4. (50) T.J. Hockenson (Det - TE) - Probably should have gone RB (a trend that I may regret), thought there was a drop at TE after this, so nabbed TJ
    5. (63) Tyler Boyd (Cin - WR) - not enamored with available RB, so beefed up WR
    6. (78) JuJu Smith-Schuster (Pit - WR) - see previous. Trying to go with high volume receivers, so we'll see
    7. (91) Corey Davis (NYJ - WR) - another WR, uh oh
    8. (106) Kenyan Drake (LV - RB) - woohoo a RB, okay not a starter, but I needed the body and maybe he steals some receiving downs
    9. (119) Denver (Den - DEF) - read some positive reviews on Denver's D, honestly I was probably scrambling a bit
    10. (134) J.D. McKissic (Was - RB) - another back up RB
    11. (147) Marquise Brown (Bal - WR) - my hope for a homerun late
    12. (162) Jameis Winston (NO - QB) - Hopefully his gun slinging works in New Orleans
    13. (175) Zach Ertz (Phi - TE) - he was a big part of me winning in the past, nostalgia/hope he finds a productive home
    14. (190) Rodrigo Blankenship (Ind - K) - need a kicker at some point, right?
    15. (203) Chuba Hubbard (Car - RB) - who knows, maybe CMC goes down and I actually have a 2nd starting RB...

Overall there were parts I liked, but missing out on a 2nd quality RB leaves me apprehensive. Good luck this year to everyone.
    [SIZE=1]WHL - World Hockey League (24-Team Daily H2H)
    Weighted Scoring: G(1),A(1),PPP(0.5),+/-(0.5), SOG/PIM/HIT/BLK(all 0.05), FOW-C(0.01)

Saanichton Cougars

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I missed the draft due to recreational sports, I pre-ranked most of my team though. Not sure why the D and kicker were taken so high.
    Yahoo always fills the starting slots before the bench unless you exclude the entire position. But excluding them messes up the algorithm and who knows who you'll get. Just ask rataylor!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

6 QBs is what you get lol

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    6 QBs is what you get lol
    Did you get auto drafted 6 QBs?? LOL!

I have only been told my own roster from my buddy who drafted for me. I havent had a chance to see how the draft rolled out as far as rounds go and who got who. I am home from sea this afternoon and I'll have to take a look once I get a few minutes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Round 3 - Chris Godwin
    Thought I might be able to wait a round on Edwards, but he went the very next pick. Not upset at getting my first WR though.
    Well this just became a much more important decision.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

? He should be good to go

EDIT oh nvm Edwards isn't lol..
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Icon

Did you guys see the cool new league pick em feature where you can pick who is going to win each H2h matchup every week? Shoutout to invictus for pointing it out in tier 2

Dobber Sports Sage

Oh ya! (May not be available on mobile) click on the matchup and it will bring you to this screen:

Capture.JPG

Dobber Sports Sage

LOL TD!!!