Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 11

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: 2021 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'll probably be drafting from my phone while feeding the 1-month old. And fair warning, I may fall asleep for the second half of the draft.

Looking forward to it either way!
    If that’s the case you should switch the league to the sleeper app!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'll probably be drafting from my phone while feeding the 1-month old. And fair warning, I may fall asleep for the second half of the draft.

Looking forward to it either way!
    Haha me too!

Dobber Sports Monster

Y'all ready fothis?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Time to get in a little pre-draft power drinking and then nail the draft! Boom!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Good luck everyone. First one of the year for me. Powered through a ton of content this week so we'll see how it goes.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Draft complete! I'm sure everyone will post their thoughts within the next few days.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ouch. Graded a C. Hopefully its because I have no Kicker.

Or just because I don't really love my team.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Meh, I got a C+. I'm not thrilled with my team and probably should have done more research, I have to hope that I can compete with the big dogs. Can't wait for the season to start!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Immortal

Did a few mocks from 5 and each time took either Adams or Kelce in round 1. Obviously that didn't happen but oh well. A top TE was a priority but I just kept missing out. Hopefully Fant can have a breakthrough.

1.5 - Derrick Henry
    Did not want Zeke. If he fell to me I was going Adams. Hopefully this isn't the year he falls apart.

2.24- AJ Brown
    I normally avoid stacks in NFL because there is only 1 ball. I would have taken Waller here but he went a few before. Hoping Tennessee can rack up points against Houston and Jax. Might regret not going Mclaurin....

3.33 - James Robinson
    My final tier 2 RB. Wanted to grab him because there is a big drop off after. Plus the middle rounds are full of WRs.

4.52 - Damien Harris
    Had Hockenson lined up but oh well. With no Cam I love this pick. Massive safety net if Robinson sucks.

5.61- Brandon Aiyuk
    Did not think someone would take Jeudy in round 5 but he went right before me. Debated a QB but thought there were still some potential WR studs on the board

6.80 - Jalen Hurts
    Did not get a top QB or TE so wanted to lock something down. Rushing upside and a on a bad team. Fingers crossed he stays healthy.

7.89 - Noah Fant
    Meh. Not thrilled with this. But chose to get a TE instead of more depth

8.108 - Devonta Smith
    Now I'm definitely ok with this kind of low risk stack. Sounds like Smith could be the WR1. More likely I drop him by Week 6.

9.117 - Alexander Mattison
    Rather than draft a RB I would only start in a desperate bye week, I figured I'd take a longshot at someone's handcuff. Dalvin Cook owner let me know

10.136 - Trey Lance
    Upside pick in case Hurts hurts me. I probably should have went Waddle here and backup QB on the way back. Waddle went with the next pick.

11.145 - Curtis Samuel
    Heard today that Samuel is younger than Mclaurin which is pretty shocking to me since he's been around a bit longer. Maybe Fitz finds some magic with him instead? He's played for Rivera before....

12.164 - Adam Trautman
    Winston loves using TEs so maybe this works?

13.173 - Elijah Moore
    Another WR on a bad team.

]14.192 - Darrynton Evans
    Didn't realize he was on IR until today. Hopefully only 3 weeks.

15.201 - Chargers
    Hey I'll take them in the last round. Could be a steal if healthy.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Forgot to exclude a bunch of QBs lol. Yahoo really needs to fix their auto draft algorithm. Is fine tho

The Wolverine

My autodraft got the league's highest draft grade (A-). That's not a good sign.

Dobber Sports Icon

Looking forward to seeing your draft results and reading everyone's takes on how they made out fellas!
    Without me, it's only "aweso".

Dobber Sports Deity

I was told I got a B rating for my draft that my buddy did for me last night. I liked some of the picks he made but not too sure about the Gus Edwards pick where he took him. Then again, with you sharks around, maybe that was the right spot. I know he's stepping into the RB1 spot in Baltimore now but I am never much of a fan of RBs in Baltimore with Lamar there. Other than that, I am happy with what my team looks like today. We'll see how it works out.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I drafted #2 - which is a "just off the turn" pick to horrorfan's auto-queue.
    I should've been able to nail the style of my draft... but I just didn't.

When I did a few FantasyPros mocks last weekend - I knew it would be a tough draft.
    I prefer getting an elite QB... but round 2/3 turn was:
    i) Too late for Mahomes
    ii) Too early for Allen
    Then my round 4/5 picks were:
    iii) Too late for Kyler
    iv) Too early for the rest...
    Then my round 6/7 picks were:
    v) Then too late for the rest...

I really didn't have a good read on how dependable the RB2 group at the 2/3 turn would be...
    So I passed on that in favor of a high-end TE (Kittle) and WR (Allen-RobII)...
    But then there was an effin ENORMOUS RB2 run in round 3/4: Carson, J-Rob, Edwards, Sanders, Swift, M.Davis, Jacobs, Gaskin, D.Harris, Hunt.

Crossing my fingers that Zack Moss (7-2 pick) can become my every-week RB2...

But... there's a good chance I go from HERO (s10 champ) to ZERO (s11 relegation) this year.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I drafted #2 - which is a "just off the turn" pick to horrorfan's auto-queue.
    I should've been able to nail the style of my draft... but I just didn't.

When I did a few FantasyPros mocks last weekend - I knew it would be a tough draft.
    I prefer getting an elite QB... but round 2/3 turn was:
    i) Too late for Mahomes
    ii) Too early for Allen
    iii) Too late for Kyler
    iv) Too early for the rest...
    v) Then too late for the rest...

I really didn't have a good read on how dependable the RB2 group at the 2/3 turn would be...
    So I passed on that in favor of a high-end TE (Kittle) and WR (Allen-RobII)...
    But then there was an effin ENORMOUS RB2 run in round 3/4: Carson, J-Rob, Edwards, Sanders, Swift, M.Davis, Jacobs, Gaskin, D.Harris, Hunt.

Crossing my fingers that Zack Moss (7-2 pick) can become my every-week RB2...

But... there's a good chance I go from HERO (s10 champ) to ZERO (s11 relegation) this year.
    So you're saying you plan on giving me a run for my money near the back of the pack? I love competition.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."