Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 11

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: 2021 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 11

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    First Edwards, now Mostert. Tough way to start the season.

Did I at least win Week 1? I cant see my team right now and waiting to hear back from my buddy Will, who drafted for me.
    LOL this guy.

Win with the most points. Congrats

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    LOL this guy.

Win with the most points. Congrats
    I have no idea how I did. I have no access to Yahoo while I am sailing and my internet is sketchy most days. I only know Edwards went down pre-season and Mostert went down after a couple snaps. Two of my top three RBs are now out long term.

10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Meanwhile my five bench guys almost outscored my entire starting lineup. Back to the drawing board
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Immortal

I have no idea how I did. I have no access to Yahoo while I am sailing and my internet is sketchy most days. I only know Edwards went down pre-season and Mostert went down after a couple snaps. Two of my top three RBs are now out long term.

Sure sure. You're playing all of us.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Meant to do this earlier, but just way too busy these days.

Anyhow, from 1st overall last year to 13th overall this year meant a change in strategy. I managed a bit of research coming into the draft and knocked out a bunch of mocks, so I felt I had a decent plan and feel heading into the draft. I also know from past experience that this group is keen and things rarely go according to the mocks.

I read TE probably has the most cliffs with very few high end options, Kelce being at the top followed in the second teir by Waller and Kittle, with Pitts, Andrews and Hockensen making up the third. After that it's mostly garbage.

1.13 - S. Diggs - WR: Plan was to take Kelce if he fell as he's a monster at the TE position compared to others. He went at 1.10 so I took Diggs. There were a number of RB's left I was sure I could get at my next pick and like Diggs ahead of Ridley and Hopkins before a larger drop off at WR.

2.16 - J. Mixon - RB: Next highest RB on my board. Not the flashiest option but there shouldn't be much challenge to his workload and workload is king in FF. Time to wait 2 rounds for my next picks.

3.41 - M. Davis - RB: With Kittle and Waller gone from the TE position Davis was next highest on my list.
    Again, not flashy, but back to that workload thing and lack of competition.

4.44 - K. Pitts - TE: This one was tough. K. Murray was my target here in most of my mocks and I don't love going with rookies but the TE slot being so thin and all the hype surrounding Pitts and how he would be used more as a WR but in the TE slot got to me. I might have taken Andrews but he went right before. I took the gamble and hoped Murray might somehow slip to my next pick 2 rounds later.

5.69 - A. Rodgers - QB: K. Murray did not slip. All of the WR I had targeted had flown off the board so I was debating between C. Edmonds and Rodgers here. I didn't love the remaining QBs after Rodgers but I didn't love the remaining RBs either and felt Edmonds had some upside. I gambled that Edmonds would remain as Redbulls didn't have a QB yet, but he went RB/RB, with Edmonds being one of them.

6.72 - J. Chase - WR: Was really hoping on Edmonds here so was in a bit of scramble mode. Chase and C. Sutton were the next highest on my list by a fair bit. I don't usually like going rookies, but Chase was more highly rated and has chemistry with Burrows, so I trusted the experts here.

7.97 - J. Williams - RB: Just wanted RB depth here and with Swift coming back from a somewhat serious injury, figured Williams had a decent shot at a solid role albeit on a poor DET team.

8.100 - M. Jones Jr. - WR: I had a number of WR rated highly here and already had 3 RB, so WR was the call. Jones seems to be in line for a solid workload and is more of a veteran type to counter some of the rookies I've already taken.

9.124 - M. Pittman Jr. - WR: Just an upside play here and I had some RB handcuffs I'd be targeting later.

10.128 - Tampa Bay - DEF: I don't usually take a D this high, but thought I'd give it a go this year. Didn't really work out for me in week 1 though.....

11.153 - H. Ruggs III - WR: I like the guy as a talent and have read some hype. Sophomore sleeper perhaps? If week 1 is any indication, then no.....

12.156 - D. Williams - RB: KC backup, just a handcuff stash.

13.181 - R. Moore - WR: Some believe Moore may take over a larger share of the ARI offense than anticipated, so just a solid upside play here.

14.184 - R. Succop - K: Tampa should score points, so just a shot there. Although having a K and D with the same bye week isn't ideal. I'll deal with that in week 6 though.

15.209 - D. Williams - RB: Another handcuff stash but with a clearer path to touches.

Overall I feel my team is mediocre, and the projections reflect that. I don't love the TE situation and am even more worried about wasting a high pick on the position after week 1. We'll see. I think I need to hit on a couple of those rookies to have a chance here, but will hopefully avoid regulation without any major injuries (which almost sunk me last season with McCaffrey. I've never been so happy to finish 12th). Rodgers dismal performance almost cost me the win in week 1, so I'm really hoping that's just a blip and Green Bay is out to prove something next week against Detroit. I think they pretty much have to at this point.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I have 4 WRs that are obviously going to finish top 24 if anyone has a RB available.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I have no idea who anybody is.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Holy I don't think I've ever seen this many bids on a player.

Eli Mitchell SF - RB
    $44 Winning Offer
    EB's 0 Research Team $28 (Lower Offer)

Tacklin Turtles $21 (Lower Offer)

Goon Squad $19 (Lower Offer)

Cookies & Kitties $19 (Lower Offer)

Extreme Frostbite $15 (Lower Offer)

Bettman Fumbles $15 (Lower Offer)

Billy's Boss Team $13 (Lower Offer)

Hockeyrobot $12 (Lower Offer)

TD's N Beer! $0 (Lower Offer)

Dobber Sports Deity

Im still trying to come to grasp with this whole bidding on players thing and my buddy who's helping manage my roster while I am at sea doesn't know a thing about it LOL! I guess I'll save my $$ (??) for later in the year maybe.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Im still trying to come to grasp with this whole bidding on players thing and my buddy who's helping manage my roster while I am at sea doesn't know a thing about it LOL! I guess I'll save my $$ (??) for later in the year maybe.
    Most fantasy sites will include their suggested FAB dollar suggestion in their waiver wire columns. Obviously every league is different but it's a good starting point.

Dobber Sports Monster

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Holy I don't think I've ever seen this many bids on a player.

Eli Mitchell SF - RB
    $44 Winning Offer
    EB's 0 Research Team $28 (Lower Offer)

Tacklin Turtles $21 (Lower Offer)

Goon Squad $19 (Lower Offer)

Cookies & Kitties $19 (Lower Offer)

Extreme Frostbite $15 (Lower Offer)

Bettman Fumbles $15 (Lower Offer)

Billy's Boss Team $13 (Lower Offer)

Hockeyrobot $12 (Lower Offer)

TD's N Beer! $0 (Lower Offer)
    Most of the league! I knew I didn't have the will to win this bid and I was right. I would probably have landed somewhere between TDs bid and HRs, aka not even close lol.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    Most of the league! I knew I didn't have the will to win this bid and I was right. I would probably have landed somewhere between TDs bid and HRs, aka not even close lol.
    Ya, the highest suggested bid I read was $64. Figured I wasn't hurting that much at RB to have to deal with Shannahanigans.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Man! Loving that Goon Squad vs Frisky Hobbit matchup this week!

Not only are their projections the closes I've seen in a while, but they have their defenses going up against each other! That'll make that an awesome game for them to track.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Wow. Back to back pick 6s for TB and I could lose this one. Brutal.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Henry saved my ass. Fingers crossed.